October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by teeny_bogy2312

Definitely HG-Status!!!

Although i hate the packaging, i love love love this product and will always repurchase. Dont be scared of the high price, a little goes a long long way. I use it as a part of my everyday make up and it lasts me nearly 2 years to use up one tube.

If you want a more subtle look, simple mix one tiny drop with your moisturizer and dab it on your face. It would gives you that natural-glowing-skin look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Sharonc12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my ultimate fav highlighter!! Its so bright but without makin it too much. And it lasts long too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to highlighter, and I've been using this for years. I have a simple skin beauty routine, consisting of a light foundation or tinted moisturizer, a bit of concealer, and some highlighter and possibly blush. I do not contour or highlight with anything beyond this highlighter, which I apply to the bridge of my nose, above my cupid's bow, and on my upper cheekbones/brow bones. I do this every day, and it adds a bit of dimension to my otherwise non-dimensional foundation routine.

The formula is good, though occasionally causes drying or buildup on the bridge of my nose. Otherwise, this product is long-lasting, does not cause breakouts, and adds a youthful dewiness to otherwise flat skin.

If I were to find a superior highlighter--I have only tried NARS' highlighter as an alternative, which was inferior--I would give this up. Until then, this is an excellent option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Less is more with High Beam - so keeping that in mind this little bottle will last a long time, Iv'e had mine nearly a good 2 years and its still chugging along (I don't use it daily but often enough)..It kind of reminds me of a bottle of twink/grammar corrector - the brush is a good small size for placing a few dots of product on cheekbones - and a few dots is definately all that is needed, overdoing this tends to make it sit more on the skin, where as less is easier to blend and meld into the skin for a lit from within sheeny glow.

On my NC15 skin this is a nice light pinky/hint of silver sheen colour.

if there was to be a downside it would be that it can get a little messy around the lid and dry cakey around the bottle opening. Nothing a regular tissue or wet wipe can't fix. A good shake up now and then will stop it from going gluggy too.

I like to to dot this on and blend and buff in with a small soft brush on top of blush - so this looks seamlessly glowing. High Beam lasts all day too - gotta love that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always seems to come back to this product. I love it. Beautiful rosy glow to the cheeks. Easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a universal kind of highlighter. It does the job very well however it may be quite glittery-esque which may also be controllable by the way you apply it and blend it onto your skin. It gives a nice dewy healthy glow effect onto your skin. It works on all skin tones as I've already tried to do so since I put make up on people for a living. It's just an absolutely brilliant product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a very small bottle of this stuff that just lays around. I use it rarely. It dries really quickly so you cant just streak it on and go. I like to put it on the back of my hand and use a sam chapman pink setting brush to lightly place on cheekbones. It is beautiful in color. Just takes some skill in applying so that it doesnt look sloppy. It really does last forever though. the packaging bothers me too. I feel like bacteria probably gets in there and just stays. Pretty good product, not a necessity

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ajennamo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Work with Benefit on a few projects here and there, so I've always had sample sizes of High Beam lying around. Finally got around to using them and it's addicting. The formulas great and my makeup looks visibly better. If you're trying to master the whole highlighting and contouring thing, I'd definitely add High Beam to that regimen.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice highlighter, but the packaging is very unsanitary. A pump or tube is much preferable. NARS 413BLKR seems to be similar in shade, so I hope to try that in the future. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by FloralRed

This is heaven in a tiny glass bottle. It makes my skin look refreshed and dewy when I apply it on top of my cheekbones without being overly glowy, glittery, or disco ball-like. One trick I like to do is mix it with my MUFE Face and body foundation (great stuff!) and apply it under my eyes and on the top of my cheekbones for an added, glowing effect.