August 22, 2014 | 1843 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kristinyang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am into week 2 of using the product & as much as I LOVE how it feels on my skin & how it makes my skin glow, gosh the smell is appalling! Almost like saliva :(
This is indeed liquid gold because its quite pricey but it works wonders for me! I have sensitive skin & its gets blotchy on bad days (few times a week!) but my skin hasn't reacted since using FTE. I also find that my pores are not so visible & my skin a lot smoother as well.
I use FTE after a toner wipe off with a cotton pad & before applying serum (EL's ANR).
To reduce wastage, I transferred my FTE into a glass spritz bottle because I find that using it on a cotton pad or pouring it into my palm meant using a lot more than I should.
I would definitely repurchase for what it does to my skin but am taking one star off for the god-awful smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sugarpeace82

I have combination skin, oily T zone and large pores. Recently switched to SKII's facial treatment essence. Initially quite sceptical due to all the TV ads and all the hype about 'miracle water'. and of course the price. But after 6 days into use, it does live up to its name. it hydrates both my oily and dry areas, v smoothing for my sensitive skin as well. Skin able to absorb it well. nothing like I tried before. Also bought the Stempower essence and cream, will post review in the appropriate categories. FTE- will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Arquette

i have been using this product for 1 week (day and night). this amazing product really works on me. Believe it or not it brightens my skin and lighten the dark spots in just 1 week. i apply this by soaking a cotton pad and gently pat onto my face. Best result apply this after treatment clear lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is priced like liquid gold. I heard that Missha's Time Revolution is a comp to this pricey product at an affordable pricepoint. That being said, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. I have aging skin that I'm trying to keep as youthful as possible. A difficult task considering the sun is the enemy of healthy skin and I live in sunny Hawaii. I know, poor me, boo hoo! but seriously my ancestors came from a snowy climate and I do not tan, I burn, no matter how much sunscreen I slather on. And we all know the ravages of the sun: wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc... I suffer from all of this and I am sadly only in my mid-thirties. The SK-II treatment essence is the only OTC product that I have used that had any visible effect. It reduced my pores, made my skin more even toned, and felt nice while doing it. Makes me feel like bathing in sake every night, but that would cost a fortune! So I'll stick to the SK-II.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by beckymonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this as a gift and was excited to use it. I'm so glad I didn't spend money on it because I've been using it for months but I see no results. My biggest gripe is that it smells like saliva, ick! Thankfully the scent fades but lingers on my hands. This is prob best used on normal to oily skin. I have dry skin and can use this on humid days as a light weight moisturizer. Not a terrible product, but not worth the price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by haruame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily/combination skin with acne problem since my teenage years, I'm now in my mid-20s. I have used the SK-II facial treatment essence religiously every night for the past 6 weeks, it did leave me with some cystic acne which I rarely had before starting SK-II. I couldn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin so I stopped it 2 days ago. Surely the purging would have finished after 6 weeks? Now its absence is breaking out my skin like crazy! Not sure if I should continue with it ._. Any advice?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kbee62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The exorbitant price put me off ever buying a full sized bottle of this stuff, but I did receive a 30mL sample to try. With Melbourne's harsh winter coming up, I've been definitely looking at upping my moisturizers. Although this seems like a pointless step in the standard skincare regime (like toner/lotion/softener) after using this essence for a few days, I noticed that my skin felt even softer and smoother than before! When I wake up in the morning, it is positively glowing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mcwaiyee

I've been using the FTE since I was 24. I first bought this product because I was breaking out on the right cheek all the time and the pimple comes one after another. Then, I was reading online and read that FTE does calm down pimples so I bought a 75ml bottle. And I never stopped using it.

How do I use it?
I am an Asian, with combination skin; oily around the T-zone area and I will never touch-up or re-apply my make up at work. I use the FTE twice a day, everytime after my bath. I use it after my toner (Clinique's Clarifying Lotion) and after then, moisturizer (H20 Face Oasis / Biotherm's Aquasource, depending). It is even light enough to use around my eye area.

What positive effects it has?
The FTE controls the oil production, due to the hydration characteristics and it always gives me a healthy glow. Because it controls my oil production, I will never touch up my make up and actually, I barely need any make up at all.
My pores seem to have reduced in size.
When I have pimples popping, I put a little more on the spot and allow it to airdry. It calms the pimple and a day or two, then it goes away.
Before using FTE, I also had blotchy skin with red patches on my cheeks, now I have even skin tone.
And remember my break outs prior to FTE? I used to have scars, and now I have no signs of any previous breakouts.

What negative effects it has?
The downsides of the FTE besides that it is extremely pricey (and the price never stops increasing from year to year), if you start using it and your skin loves it, you can never stop using it. I've tried to stop, I lost my glow and I looked 'gloomy'. My question is, are you willing to make this 'lifetime' investment?

I personally don't think I can ever stop using this product though I've been trying to cut down gradually to see if I can reduce usage. I have been trying to substitute with other serums which is equally as effective.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I did see an improvement in my skin upon using this but I'm not sure if it's a combination of using the SK-II face wash and some other treatments. Sinks in very nicely and doesn't have a strong scent