July 22, 2014 | 2207 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSaunders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette comes with amazing colors! They're such great quality, very little fall out. Long lasting whether you use primer potion or not. It's a little expensive but very well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kaatiex

A fantastic set of Urban Decay's deluxe eyeshadows. Several colours stand out for me: Fishnet is a duochrome pink and purple - a mixture between Junkshow and Omen (from Urban Decay's 15th Anniversary Palette); Honey is a lovely old gold colour that doesn't lean too yellow; Ransom is a beautiful blue/purple; Peace is a vivid opaque blue and Underground is a gorgeous shimmery taupe.
All have fantastic pigmentation and are create quality; with a primer/base these last five hours+ without creasing. They look fantastic wet too.
The packaging is compact, I only wish it was smooth rather than suede which attracts dust. The brushes I find useless as I'm not a fan of sponge-tipped applicators, I much prefer sets that come with miniature brushes.
Overall, for 27 this is excellent value; the eyeshadows are all pigmented and are great for a colourful look; it's true that you don't have everything you need in this palette so it's not great for travelling, but it has a bit of everything colour-wise which I think is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by muafreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I won't buy again cuz there's always something new with UD. I love love scratch and ransom. I think I really got the palette cuz. Of those two colors and the outer design lol (sucker for unusual packaging). The colors are too loud for me to wear and the palette itself does go all together. They're all like highlighters on my NC40 skintone. U need a primer for sure. Its creamy but tbh, I've had this since 2009/early 2010 (can't rmbr exactly) and it has jus been sitting around :s id shud hav waited for the Naked palettes that's more wearable imo! Lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:

Big mirror
Lots of pigment
Good selection of colours.

Cons:

A lot of fallout and very shimmery
These eyeshadows need a primer or they crease very easily.
The palette just doesn't gel well together. The colours don't compliment each other very well.
There is no highlight colour for paler skins

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

While this palette has some good quality shadows, I don't think the overall product is stellar. I absolutely adore Scratch, it's one of my favourite UD shadows. It's so wearable, either on its own or paired with almost anything you can think of. Underground and Shag are nice depper brown crease shades. The purples, Ransom and Fishnet are very pretty. All the other shadows are of good quality and well pigmented, but I don't think they form a cohesive unit. In other words, I would never grab this palette for travel - you just can't do a full eye look with it, considering it lacks a highlight colour, and most of the shades aren't really complimentary with each other. I don't even use Underground or Shag with Scratch - I tend to reach for Toasted or YDK to pair with Scratch. I also hate the packaging, it's tacky and larger than it needs to be for the size and number of shadow pans.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I saw this palette on sale and I am a sucker for BRIGHT colors so I thought I would give it a try. It is SUCH a let down. The colors are easy to blend but just dont stay as true to color as I would like. The pink color (Fishnet) has probably the least pigmentation when put on and I have to layer it up to make it work even with a primer. The purple ( Ransom) is nice but flakes a lil and causes some decent fallout. Honey just looks awful and sickly on my pale skin and not really golden more just yellow. I love the black (Zero) and that is my favorite of the group ..works nicely as an eyeliner. Graffiti (Green) and Peace (aqua blue) I find I only use when I am creating a rainbow look on my eyes with some crazy colors.

The 3 neutral colors Shag (light bronzy tan), Scratch (pinkish), Underground (gray brown) work well when you just need to get out the door and dont want to leave without makeup on. Unfortunately I find that they dont work well together which is a HUGE let down for me. They just have different enough color highlights that they look odd together if you try to use them as a dark tone, medium lid color and highlight.

All I can say is if I had paid full price for this I would have taken it back PRONTO but I held onto it because I got it 50% off mostly for the black and the mirror and mini primer potion (that lasted all of a couple weeks)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by tinyaudiophile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this so much. I've used this palette for over a year, and I love how it's versatile... I wear the tamer colors on a regular basis, and the colorful ones during the weekend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cannot wear "out-there" shades at work, but I love this palette for my weekends. The colors are highly pigmented and velvety, and they last all day with the help of UD's shadow primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Mandadanyele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great shadow palette. I love the colors in it and the fact that you can do both dramatic looks and natural looks with these colors or a mix of both. Not to mention that the quality of them are amazing. They are seriously beautiful shadows and the best I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I have had this palatte now for about 6 years and the eyeshadow is still in wonderful condition. I love the packaging, the sparkle metal on the outside is what drew me to it. Not to mention the price isn't bad, considering when the deluxe eyeshadows cost on their own.