July 31, 2014 | 1933 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder and I have it in 30-Medium? This is actually darker than my skin tone, I'm NC35. The staying power is okay, can get cakey/orangey if you over apply. Controls oil for abt 3 hours after I put on and then I started to get shiny. I dont blame this powder though. I am naturally very very oily. It has a medium coverage so when you layer it over a light coverage foundation, it provides added coverage. Texture wise, its not too powdery. Quite soft and velvety. I have tried using this alone, and I felt like it made me look too muddy and it disappears after 3 hours of wear. So if you're looking to use this as a powder foundation, it might work for you if you have normal to dry skin since it has medium coverage. But if you're oily, look elsewhere. Since I use this as a setting powder. It works decently enough on me for that pupose,but I will not be repurchasing as I'm sure there are better powders out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I'm starting to get back into the groove of pressed powder foundations. They just seem more compatible with my skin in general. Liquid foundations just melt off my skin, and primers only make my skin more prone to breakouts. Loose powder foundations are just way too messy. Lastly, most mainstream mineral foundations contain bismuth oxychloride, which irritates my skin. So I'm glad I found this powder.

As someone else stated, this isn't bad for a "high-end" powder. I like that it has medium coverage and has a natural matte finish. Keep in mind that this will NOT cover blemishes, dark spots, etc. You will need a separate concealer for that. This powder lasts me about 4 hours before I start to get oily, so unfortunately I don't like this powder as much as I thought I'd like. I also find the coverage to be too sheer for my liking.

For color reference, I'm NC25ish and I wear the powder in D22 & the Perfecting Cover concealer in Beige 25. I could get away with the D25 shade in the powder, but it's just a tiny bit too dark and has significantly more green tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

i love this powder! it's only $20 which is expensive, but is pretty cheap for other powders sold at sephora. I apply with a big kabuki brush to set my foundation. It controls shine/oil for a while, but I still have to touch up midday and again if i'm going out at night. I'm used to having to reapply though. They have lots of shades so it's easy to choose your perfect shade. This is probably my favorite powder that I've tried so far. It makes my skin look really nice. I do get a little transfer with this product though. I love this a lot, but i'm still on the search for my HG setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good powder. On it's own with a good primer this lasts me all day. I havent used anything but this for 2 weeks and notice my acne clearing up. Since I dont use liquid i think thats whats been doing it. $20 is kind of steep for powder but i think it's worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful coverage thats long-lasting and stays on for most of the day. Unfortuanetly it DOES rub off on clothes if you aren't careful, depending how much you put on and what you use to apply it with. Unless your face is rubbed against something the foundation doesn't typically fade or smudge. Some of the darker colors can pull orange so make sure you try it in the store if you can before buying it. It comes with a convenient mirror and sponge for applying, It also really does mattify as advertised but the packaging is very cheap and the compact broke in half

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never really thought much of powders (more into the dewy look) and with my sensitive skin that tends to dryness I thought even less of it. Nevertheless I picked it up on a sephora 3 for 10 euro sale so it was very cheap for me.

I'm a huge fan! I use it with an elf powder brush over some liquid foundation. It does not give you the powdery "I used make up" look at all, instead it evens out your skin and makes it look gorgeous. For a bit more of a glowy look I add some of Elizabeth Arden's "Let there be light" on top which works beautifully. I get soft "baby skin" (so I have been told) that looks just great. And my skin does get irritated and red and blotchy fairly easy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i think $20 for a "high end" powder is a pretty good price, so this is why i decided to try it out, plus most sephora collection products haven't failed on me.

i use this over estee lauder double wear liquid foundation. it looks amazing over it, very matte. i use a flat-top powder brush and buff it onto my face.

the lasting power is pretty good... except on my nose. it's SOO hard finding the perfect powder to control my oily nose. this powder only controlled my oily nose for about an hour.

it can get too powdery-looking if applied too much, so be careful with that. i'm kind of iffy on this product, not sure if i would try this out again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by abvv10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several powder foundations and this one is one of the BEST! I love the look over a light coverage foundation. The compact is kind of cheap but overall the coverage and appearance is worth every penny!
Would definitly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in D34/tan. Although the color is absolutely perfect for my skin, I couldnt justify using it at all. It made me break out like crazy. I love how it flawlessly matches up with my skin and gets rid of shine, but ridiculous how my skin reacts to it. The first time it happened, I switched back to BE mineral foundation (tan) and the breakout was gone. As soon as I started using this again, the breakouts happened. I believe this was $17 (?) - can't remember. The packaging seemed cheap also. The lid broke off easily and it was annoying opening and closing the compact. Also, there is a little makeup sponge in the bottom compartment. I didnt use this - I love using big fluffy brushes. A little pricey for a product that gives my skin a bad reaction. Based on the reviews, I'm not the only with this problem. Would definitely NOT repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by almorsy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination ridiculous skin. It is really rather dehydrated especially in the winter and I NEVER even thought a powder would be an option. I've always stuck to liquid and cream foundations because of the dry parts of my cheeks.

I bought this on a whim because it was cheap and because I had run out of options. Liquid and creams just clump up and I'm just too oily on part of my face.

The texture of this when you put it on your skin is so smooth and silky. It provides a nice medium coverage so my skin tone is all evened out. I have a bit of a yellow hue to my skin and this leveled it all out! So great, covered the redness on my dry cheeks perfectly.

After about an hour or so it just sort of blends into my skin and there's no sense of foundation at all on my face - no one can tell! It never clumps - the first time any foundation has not clumped into my deep forehead wrinkle!

I still do become oily on my T-Zone area, but a few blots once in a while and I'm good to go. The makeup stays fresh and new for my whole working day.

All in all, for the price, this is the best you can get! I will always buy this and have it on hand, though I do plan on trying some new things, this will always be my perfect back up.