MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 4/19/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

my Hg! i have oily/combo sens acne prone skin! so foundation is tricky for me, ive tried high end and drugstore, in all types of formulations, i was told why it didnt break me out because it was a water based foundation, with makes sense since i cant wear silica primers, i read people saying it makes them look oilier, but i have an oily t zone, and after i set it with the msnf it creates a super natural look, i have been looking for a comparable dupe, but no luck, i will continue to re purchase

on 4/12/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

love this stuff! It makes my skin look dewy and natural which i like. The coverage is just right for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased the N7 in this, it's been so long that I've worn another MAC foundation that I don't remember clearly what my 'shade' is, I want to say NC45 ? But I have doubts

Anyway, I tried this after being somewhat frustrated with foundations, the promises and the price tag. I'm not cheap and will spend the money on a great foundation but those are hard to come by. A little of this goes a long way, I bought the smallest size last January and still using it, that said I don't use this everyday.

It's OK, not great, not fantastic, not awful just ok. I think I needed something with a tad more coverage than what this provides, it does get shiny quite quickly so powder is needed.

I think this is for someone with near to perfect skin that just wants to even their tone out a little. I've since purchased Laura Merciers secret camouflage so I'm anxious to test it out using this foundation.

Would I repurchase ? NO, but I am happy I tried out one of the beauty standards.

on 4/9/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

MY HG FOUNDATION!
Ok so when I first purchased this, it looked so good when the MAC MUA applied it to my face in the shop. I then went home and tried to apply it myself and I was so mad, I wanted to go and return the damn thing. It was watery, gave me no coverage and I looked like an oil slick.....
AND THEN I LEARNED HOW TO APPLY IT PROPERLY! All you need is a small amount. I find it is too runny to apply with a brush so I just use my fingers, I apply some product to my face and blend; the more I blend, the more coverage I get.
This foundation is super duper buildable I can go from light natural looking coverage to medium/full coverage.
Its really hydrating So its good for winter when my skin dries out, but its generally good all year round! I wouldn't recommend this to someone with oily skin.
The finish is very shiny, you will need to set this.
I love the packaging, squeezy bottle with a lid, also this stuff lasts forever!
Definitely recommend to those who like a natural everyday makeup that offers good coverage whilst not looking cakey.

on 4/7/2015 4:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is truly amazing!
I have always struggled to find foundations that last all day on my combo skin, but don't look heavy or cakey - as I prefer my foundation to look like skin - and this is it!

Bare in mind, I generally have clear skin with no blemishes - but I do use Nars radiant creamy concealer over this foundation when I do have anything that pops up and needs covering and that concealer works with over this foundation! I do also use concealer under my eyes (Maybelline age rewind) to cover the dark circles us fair-skinned people are often blessed with :P

How I use this foundation (combo skin with very oily T zone and normal cheeks):

I tried applying it in a few different ways - with hands and with different kinds of brushes - and quickly discovered that the best way to apply it (for me) is my Real Techniques buffing brush.
First, I shake the bottle to make sure the water mixes with pigment (as this is a very runny, water-based foundation).
I dispense a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand, go in with the brush to pick up some product and then buff it into my skin - working in sections.
I let it set for a minute and then build up any areas that need more coverage.
The best thing about this foundation is that it never, never, never looks heavy - you can build up layers and it always looks light and natural on the skin.

I was expecting a very dewy finish, but it's definitely a semi-matte or satin finish on my skin - just a lovely, soft and natural look.
I finish the look by gently dusting a translucent setting powder over just my T zone with the real techniques setting brush. This takes away any of the shine, while leaving the rest of my face more glowy / satin.

I have very fair porcelain skin and use the shade N1 - which is about a shade darker than what I normally use (Bobbi Brown alabaster) but it works well, as this foundation is so sheer. I just make sure to blend it down my neck and it looks great! With any other foundation I have ever used, if the color was even slightly off it would look so bad, but this just looks like my skin has naturally got a bit of a tan or extra glow going on. Just a beautiful, beautiful sun-kissed look.

If you have combo-oily skin and want a long-lasting, natural looking foundation - try this!!

on 4/6/2015 11:49:00 AM

Only foundation that has ever looked perfect from application to removal

on 4/5/2015 5:24:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for a year. So far, this foundation has been my favourite but since I am nearly nearing the end of my first bottle, I am still undecided if I would continue purchasing the large 120ml bottle which is priced at AUD $60 which is quite decent for the size. I purchased the 50ml originally for AUD $50 which is not really worth the value.

I have a very oily forehead and t-zone, therefore being a very light foundation, it is very nice and does not clog up. However, it has very light coverage, saying so, I have managed to cover up some blemishes by applying 2-3 layers or with an additional concealer. However, the only major deal-breaker for me is that after 4-5 hours, my forehead does start to get quite shiny and requires blotting paper or powder. This will be the first foundation that I have finished, mainly because it does not OXIDISE (no orangey colour change) because MAC does offer yellow or pink undertones to suit you. It does not cake. Very runny consistency, so it is very easy to apply to the whole face (also blends into any discolouration- since I find that my forehead gets a bit more tanned than the rest of my face). No SPF, so flash photography is perfect! And there is no stickiness or dewiness.

By far, this is my go-to foundation and is definitely worth a try! The only con is the shine, but by far the best foundation I have used!

on 4/2/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My color is C3, which is a perfect match for my NC30 skin. My mom is around NC35 and it matches her quite well too!

I love this foundation -it may be a high end product with a not so cheap price tag, but it's totally worth it! I have the 120ml version, which has 4 times more product than the average foundation and it's gonna last forever!

It's a good choice for an everyday foundation since it's so light on the skin, but not for special occasions when I want to look flawless.

This foundation has sheer but build-able to a barely medium coverage! Since I don't have perfect skin, I like to apply about 2 layers and then use concealer over any imperfections.

And yes, I do love the packaging! It's not pretty by any means but it's travel-friendly and won't crack on you if you dropped it, plus it comes with a nozzle so it's hygiene-friendly :)

Did I mention that I love this?

on 3/30/2015 5:28:00 PM

I have dry skin. If I don't take care of it I can get flaky. This felt fresh and light on my face but coverage wise I got nothing. Of course if you build it up you start to get SOME coverage but not a whole lot. Does leave a nice glow since it's water based. Not anything shimmer like or oily or anything but something subtle. I had been deciding between MAC sculpt and this one. I bought it but didn't like the coverage and how I would have to use a lot to get coverage because that means I would use the bottle up asap. It is an easy bottle to use. You would be able to use up the product. I ended up returning this one and got MAC sculpt. More coverage, provides moisture for sure, and don't need to use a lot of it.

on 3/28/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in N1. Perfect color match for me. Not cakey and just enough coverage for my purpose. Dewy and doesn't accentuate dry areas. A little goes a LONG way. Will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials