September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this when I first bought it but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Maybe it's because I've tried other foundations since, I don't know. But it's just not for me anymore. It's too thin, runny and takes to much to build up. It also dries too quickly I think. I pref something more creamier I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Polkafroot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was perfect for me - it gives a dewy, soft and natural looking finish. Prior to this, I have tried out matte foundations and they made my skin looked really dry and flaky. I feel that this is perfect for dry to combination skin.

However, my face do get quite a bit of shine after prolonged period of wear but that can be easily settled with a loose powder. Price is a little steep (in my country) but it comes in a generous size. Application is easy as well since it's like squeezing diluted glue from a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Olivialk

The finish is Dewey which is nice but not if you have oily skin as it makes you look very oily. The coverage is light but you can build it up to medium. The consistency is so creamy and really nice to apply with your fingers or a brush. The cons is the packaging: it doesn't come with a pump so it's a little unhygienic when squeezing onto your hand/brush as the foundation gets into your lid. Also, this product broke me out each time I used it, even if I used primer beforehand and washed my face and used makeup remover. Everyone's skin is different but if you're prone to spots, don't use it trust me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this after I was treated to a MAC makeover for my birthday. The artist used this on me and I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. I have fairly good skin with some texture issues and scars from my adolescent days. Otherwise I have balanced, normal skin and do not struggle with oiliness. Initially, this was wonderfully skin-like and dewy, making my skin look like MY skin, only more hydrated and glowy.

As I have experimented with it for the past month, I have become less and less enthused. I have tried numerous methods of application, but for some reason, the result was not the same. If I set it with powder, it looks cakey. If I only use a setting spray, it starts to look oily (even though I am again, not oily at all). In fact, I had a coworker ask me if I was feverish because I looked a bit too "shiny". Ouch.

Lastly, it oxidized. It was definitely a half shade darker by the end of a workday. This is with and without primer.

I bought the big bottle because I was convinced I would love this, but unfortunately it's going back to the store :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I think i like this product...

It is sheer but can be buildable, it has a lightweight feel to it and blends easy. The colour match is great but it doesn't hide blemishes or spots. It does last the day but doesnt control oil so I have to reapply a setting powder throughout the day/evening.

I personally think this is more of the better end of BB creams but with slightly more coverage. I would buy it again and use this as my weekend/day makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by teenagemakeupfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is SUCH a nice product! I got a tester and LOVED as it just makes your skin so glowy and healthy looking and it helps to even out your skin tone PERFECTLY! But DUN DUN DUN!! haha I found it made my skin a bit itchy a lot of the MAC foundations do this for me.. :( I wish they where more kind to skin but there not at least on me... Though if I didn't get a bit itchy from it I would repurchase it so thats why I said I would! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ImogenLucy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new holy grail foundation. Within the first week of purchasing it I ran out and got another one in a different shade. I have only been using this for three weeks now and I just cannot get enough of it. I have normal to dry skin (depending on the season) and I love a very dewy finish and this foundation does exactly that. It is very light-weight. I hate the feeling and look of very heavy foundation so this product is perfect for me! I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it as I find that gives me the best result. The price is the only downside because I bought this in New Zealand and everything cosmetic wise is just expensive. It is $60NZ a bottle (50ml, they only sell the 120ml in Auckland) and I bought two! When I tan I go quite olive-y so C3 is perfect for me! I am currently using C2 just because I am a little lighter at the moment and since it is so sheer (almost like a tinted moisturiser BUT buildable) it is not too noticable if it I am a little too light for it. The ladies in MAC were sooooo helpful! Probably one of the best experiences I have ever had with a cosmetic product. I originally wanted this foundation for the purpose of flash photography and they told me everything I needed to know about it.
Lot's of people are't very fond of the packaging, some refer to it as looking like a 'glue bottle'. I personally love the bottle! I think that is what makes it stand out tbh. The only downside is that it can get messy. Since it doesn't have a pump (you just squeeze it out) and due to the air pressure on the plane was when it got super messy! I honestly was not thinking when I was unscrewing that lid. I didn't even unscrew it properly! Like I said, I was not thinking properly.

If you have similar preferences to me then I would 110% reccommend it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by amyzon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation changed my mind about something I've assumed true for many years now: that foundation cannot look impeccable when applied with fingers. I had heard that about F&B in the past, but I'm stubborn and I still tried to apply this with my brush the first two days... As a result, I was very iffy about the finish. It didn't seem to justify the amazing things I had heard in the past about the product - it sort of sat on top of my skin, looked slightly patchy, and overwhelmingly pedestrian for such a touted HG foundation.

The third day I gave in. I applied with my fingers... EPIPHANY! The formula actually physically changes when applied with the heat and mechanical manipulation of your hand. You can feel the texture becoming thicker, while simultaneously the coverage becomes one with your face. I'm SHOCKED because I never anticipated how dramatic the difference would be. Instead of sitting on top of the skin, as it appears when applied with a brush, the color becomes seamless with skin. No emphasis on dry patches, non artificial-looking color (and that's a big statement coming from a very neutral-toned NC/NW20).

The coverage is not full, so if there are very red or dark blemishes, spot-concealing will still be necessary. However, for everyday small blemishes, moderate unevenness in skin tone, and a bit of redness in the skin, this works perfectly.

Take a photograph of yourself and you will fall in love. I didn't realize how luminous the finish was until I did. I normally associate luminous foundations with stickiness, discomfort, and my hair getting oily when it brushes against my face. F&B doesn't have that never-set feeling dewiness - it just looks HEALTHY. There's zero flash-back due to the absence of SPF (highly unusual, and appreciated, since I get my sunblock from another product, and don't need it ruining my pictures)

I do set with powder, because I always conceal under my eyes (Clinique Line-Smoothing Concealer), and I find with any foundation if I don't apply some powder, the concealer or the blush is going to migrate. I use my HG powder, MAC's prep and prime finishing powder, and there is zero cake-face and the luminosity is still there. I've found my chin gets oily by the end of the day (it always does, no matter what I'm using!), but the coverage doesn't become patchy and slide around - it just looks shiny.

My tips for applying this:

1. Don't over-moisturize during your skin-care routine: there is some moisturizing benefit to this foundation, so it would be overkill.

2. Wear a primer, if you're going to use it for 8+ hour wear. Be light-handed.

3. Apply with your HANDS. I shake the product vigorously, then squeeze out a nickel-sized amount on the back of my hand. Work with one area of the face at a time - dab some with your fingers onto, for instance, the center of your cheek, and work it in with circular motions, like you're applying moisturizer. You'll feel the product thicken, and you can smooth it over the rest of the area. If an area doesn't seem to have enough coverage for your liking, finish the rest of your face to allow it to set, then come back and add more.

4. Set with preferably a translucent powder. Powders that give extra-coverage will dampen the skin-like effect of the foundation. If you use a setting-spray, now's the time.

One quick-tip for picking your shade when purchasing: I'm an NC20, and I only become marginally 'darker' during the summer months. This is the first time in my adult life that I've purchased a foundation that was slightly darker than my natural skin tone, and it turned out fabulous. I went for the N2 because my undertones are very neutral, and the additional warmth of the shade really enhanced the color of my skin. It doesn't look fake at all! The coverage is sheer enough that slight differences in your color and the foundation will not be apparent.

I'm struggling to find a foundation to compare this to... It's like what I always wanted a tinted-moisturizer or a BB cream to be, but was always let down. The type of foundations I typically gravitate towards are light to medium, very natural, skin-like coverage: think UD Naked Skin Foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Clinique Even Better.

Right now, this is keeping my super-radiant and healthy looking during the summer-time, and I'm not having those dreaded "my face is melting off" blues. I would encourage anyone to try out F&B!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fayefayeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a foundation person. After buying 2 or 3 drugstore foundations, and having them not work out, I decided to go to a MAC store just to get color matched and then use my color match to find a drug store foundation.

When I went to the store, the makeup artist discussed my skin with me, and had me feel various textures without showing me what foundations she was letting me feel. I liked the F & B the most, and she matched me to a C2. I took a sample and tried it out at home, and was totally amazed by how it seemed to just melt into my skin.

When I was shopping at the drugstore I made two major mistakes. I thought that since my main problem is large, dark pores on my nose, I have oily skin. So I kept going for matte finishes, which actually just got all chalky and caught up in the texture of the skin on my nose, and seemed to cause flakey dry skin around the edges to show up more. After that, I started going for BB and CC creams, but I kept buying them too light, so I would end up with these white looking pores instead of blackish looking ones. They also kept getting caught up in my dry skin.

Using F & B made me realize that even though I have large pores I actually have normal to dry skin. I also realized that I'm less fair skinned than I thought, and more yellowy-toned than I thought. I guess I was in denial, because C2 is really perfect for me, though we'll see how it transitions to my winter skin tone.

I went through two samples of the C2 before I made the plunge and bought the large size bottle. I also went through three or four drugstore products that didn't work for me in an attempt to save money. I *almost* exclusively use drugstore products, but in the case of foundation, doing so didn't save me any money, though I did learn quite a lot.

CONCLUSION: If you're like me, and your main skin problem is large visible pores, but you're relatively blemish free, and matte foundations have been failing you by emphasizing your dry skin or blending poorly, TRY THIS FOUNDATION. Same if you like a sheer coverage, natural finish with a little glow. Also if your face sweats a lot in the summer, like mine, this won't slide off easily. If you're a drugstore product girl who has a crazy amount of trouble finding a foundation, try the MAC store for some help and direction. If you don't want to splurge you can always get a sample and try to match your color and texture at the drug store.

However, if you have blemishes or like full to medium coverage, or if you have super oily skin, this probably isn't for you. Also if you don't like a glowing foundation, but prefer matte, definitely stay away. If you have sensitive skin, definitely try one or even two samples of the product before buying a whole bottle. Make sure it doesn't break you out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jolly911

I bought this in C1 as I am pretty fair. And although it matches my skin tone perfectly, I truly wish I had never bought it. After only three days of using, I ended up with a rash all over my face. Apparently allergic reactions to MAC foundations are common and I wish I had done some more research before spending my money on it. I stopped using the foundation immediately but it has taken over two week for my skin to go back to normal. I have no problems with other MAC products at all so there is something in their foundations that make people break out.