MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

This is now the only foundation I buy. The coverage is light, but it always looks natural. This is the only foundation that doesn't make it look like I'm obviously wearing foundation on my nose. I usually apply it with the MAC 187 brush, but fingers work fine as well. Use one coat for a light coverage, and two or three for a medium coverage.

on 5/13/2015 1:25:00 PM

This is a wonderful product. I purchased the largest one they had since the price is amazing! The consistency is very liquidy due to it being water based by 80% ( I think ) and I apply this with my fingers. I did not like using the Beauty Blender or a flat top brush because it soaked all of my product up.

I am NC25 and I purchased the shade C3. To be honest, it's kind of dark for me. I think C2 would have matched me better or mixing C2 & C3 would give me the perfect results.

Face and Body creates a very dewy finish, especially if you do not set it with a powder. I set all of my foundations so I did the same with this one. It's sheer to medium coverage for me and I enjoy the light weight feeling of it. I do not reach for this foundation as often because I feel it would benefit me more during the summer months.

on 5/12/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

on 5/11/2015 10:13:00 PM

This is my everyday foundation. I typically have normal to dry skin, but now that I am on a retin-a product my skin is very dry and a bit flaky.

I love the packaging as it is small, practical, not breakable, and you are able to dispense whatever is needed without the risk of a pump giving too much/little or *gasp* no pump at all. I know some people say this smells like glue, but I don't really notice too much of a scent (bear in mind I am not sensitive to scent). This dries down decently quickly on me. I apply it in sections (left cheek, right cheek, forehead, chin), and by the time I am done going around my face I am able to go back in for a second layer if needed.

I have applied this with fingers, beauty blender, and a brush. No matter how I apply it, I always go in and 'pat' my skin to further press it in. I'm not sure what it is about this motion, but I very much feel that it makes a difference. I do feel like hands are best, but brush and beauty blender work perfectly fine as well. I especially enjoy being able to use my sponge now since my skin is already red and angry enough from the retin-a product. Speaking of, let's talk about how this foundation is the only one that does not intensify my flaky skin. This does such a great job of disguising that issue! Additionally, it performs extremely well over sunscreen.

Face and Body lasts all day on me. As you have probably gathered, I do have dry skin, but the lasting power is still a commendable feature. The finish is not overly wet on me but gives a beautiful dewy look to my skin. It is not drying either, which is very important to me.

I particularly enjoy the shade range. I feel that this is the only foundation you can buy a shade or even 2 off and still be able to make it work. Also, for reference, I am N2 in F&B (4.5 in GA Luminous Silk..my HG).

If you are after a matte, medium to full coverage, flawless foundation, then you would do better looking elsewhere. However, for someone with relatively decent skin who needs a little help without totally breaking the bank, this is your answer!

Overall, I think this product is just excellent! There is a reason it is rated so highly and has so many reviews. However, I do think it is a foundation that needs to be played with or researched in order to get the most out of it.

on 5/11/2015 6:38:00 PM

This is the only foundation (or BB / CC / TM) I use. It is very natural looking, non drying, and leaves a beautiful dewy finish.

I have C3 (pink) for when I am the darkest in the summer. I mix it with the white, and use over my Cover FX Illuminating Primer.

My face glows, and my skin looks beautiful -- NOT FLAWLESS, I do not go for the made up flawless face caked make up look - I like a more natural look

Finish is dewy, it sets well (you rub it in really well), and I just powder my cheeks before adding a bit of blusher

Does not dry out my skin --

on 5/8/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

quick summary: Light makeup, sheer to medium coverage (easily buildable). It can't completely hide my old acnes scars, but that's what concealer (under foundation) is for!

The MAC Face and Body feels very light on skin. All other foundation (especially in hot weathers) felt like I have an extra layer of something. I can feel it, which is kind of gross. On cold temperatures (aka my regular Canadian days), foundation still feels heavy but the dry air makes it less annoying. On the other hand the MAC's Face and Body, I always forget I have it. It's just so light!

It's like a lotion. It's not drying, it's watery. My setting powder, blush, and setting spray doesn't ruin it. It also doesn't flake my skin (I hate that!).

The coverage is sheer to medium. I build it to medium. The lasting power is okay, it's not the best. It lasts about 8 hours on a good day, but a setting spray (I have the Urban Decay Chill) makes it lasts 18 hours. I know this because I tend to stay out pretty late...

By 18th hour, nothing really lasts on my face anyways. Technically by 4th hour, my bottom eyeliner is already running.

I love MAC Face and Body for its value (good price! for 4oz? oh yeah), the light feeling, the watery texture makes it easy to blend (apply with fingers or sponge), and C3 flawlessly matches my skin. (I have light Chinese skin, I use Custard for NARS concealer)

The medium coverage is... acceptable. I think I prefer a light foundation (thus sacrificing the coverage). I rely on foundation to cover my Asian blush (I get red fast!!!), the MAC Face and Body has helped a lot. During afternoons when the sun is shinning and my coworkers want to share a beer or sake, this makeup cannot cover that... My Asian blush seems to be warmer and redder in the afternoon than in the evenings? Maybe I'm nervous!! "Please don't stay red, please don't stay red." But for daily usage, this is my favourite. It even looks like I don't have makeup on.

on 5/8/2015 7:58:00 AM

It's really easy to blend due to its liquid, smooth texture. Although the packaging isn't that good but it's still really fabulous. It covers my dark spots, redness and blemishes, first of all I think this foundation doesn't have coverage that I required but I was wrong. I can add up more to cover my blemishes but my face still can breathe.

on 5/8/2015 12:15:00 AM

The color selection is awesome on this, but the coverage is too sheer for me. It doesn't cover my sun spots at all which is disappointing. It does look natural in daylight - until the oilies break through, then it's a greasy mess. OK for a low key day in cooler weather, but I won't be using it during summer months or when I need more coverage.

on 5/7/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am the type of person who hates to wear foundation, but this one i don't mind at all. It feels extremely natural and lasts all day. I have oily olive tone skin with some acne scars on my cheeks. I use this with a concealer underneath, seriously all you need is one or two coats with a concealer underneath and it looks like your own natural flawless skin. It will not give you full coverage without a concealer. I have oily skin and live in a hot area, so what i do after i apply this i use a pressed powder on my t-zone and it works out great. I would recommend this to people who like the natural look. REMEMBER, if you want to have that blemish free natural look, use a concealer underneath. Apply with damp sponge for best results.

I got F&B in C1 and fell head over heels for the natural finish, but the color was too dark and slightly too yellow. I have dry skin that is very light with slight yellow undertones and moderate rosacea. Most foundations look very chalky and fake on my skin, and their lightest colors are always too pink (and usually too dark).

Adding some white made my C1 perfect! Sure, it doesn't completely cover all of my redness, but it blends it away enough that I just look like I got a little sun - healthy and natural (unlike most pale foundations, which make me look dead even if they're not lighter than me).

Yes, the finish is shiny, but I love it on my dry-ish skin. I don't even use powder with it. This is the only foundation I've tried (out of about a dozen) that looks totally natural (particularly on my nose). All others have clung to and highlighted my peach fuzz, pores, and sebaceous filaments.

Unlike most, I prefer to apply with a brush, so I do wish it didn't leave such a gummy mess in my nice brush.

I got a small dropper bottle to mix in so that I don't have to concoct my color every day, and it's working wonderfully.

I still can't believe I found a foundation that is undetectable even super close-up. This is amazing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials