Essie Lady Like

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

In the store I thought this color was a tan/beige but when I got it home in a different light I saw it was actually mauve. Its an unusual and muted color that goes with everything. The more I wear this color the more I really like it. Bright colors are great but when they chip it's so obvious. With this color a bit of chipping isn't that noticeable. Essie is very good nail polish. It goes on streak free and if you use a glossy top coat it tends to last longer than other brands. I also like the standard brush size it has. Some nail polishes now have those very wide brushes which I find clumsy to use. I would definitely buy this again.

I have to wear very nude blah colors on my nails for work (military) so for work sake i love this color. It's a step up from the flesh tone colors out there. Its a light mauvey lavenderish color. my friend calls it my old lady color. So it isn't for everyone. I have had no problems with streaking but i always top my colors with essie good to go and its a shiney flawless finish to this gorgeous color.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Given that I am a huge fan of OPI's Tickle My Francy, I knew I would probably like this pretty nude, as the colours are similar. I probably prefer the OPI ever so slightly, tho I do really like Lady Like also. I have heard some people say they can see lavender in it, for me it was more pinky/beige tones, depending on the light, much more pink in sunlight etc. I have fairly pale skin.

Formula wise, it is pretty awesome, opaque at two coats, easy easy application and good wear, I am up to 4 days now with only very minor tipwear, and that is normal for me as I use a keyboard a lot for work - no chips at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have just ordered this polish so I can't write a review. I'm just writing because I've read a lot of comments along the lines of "I'm going to stock up on this" I just thought that I would let you know that it is currently 1.99 for a 13.5ml bottle from fragrance direct ! They have a few other (limited editions as far as I can see) essie colours too!

I REALLY wanted to try this color given the rave reviews it gets here on MUA. I had it done as a manicure when I went to the nail salon. I usually like colors like this, but I was disappointed in this shade. I found it kind of blah. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I have a tan right now. I think the color is a tad too purple, but with a lack of depth for some reason. I tried to jazz it up with a glitter top coat after I got home. It looked much better that way. I like OPI Tickle My France-y and Illamasqua Jan much better than this color. This polish was also chippy after a day or two, even with base & topcoat. Trying this out at the salon saved me from spending $8 on this at Ulta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This colour is gorgeous. I needed only 2 coats and it went on beautifully. It is a lovely formula, easy to use even for clumsy people like me. The colour is a beautiful autumny/wintery type, a sort of pink lilac nude. I just love it and will definitely feel comfortable wearing this to work. Just buy it. It's a keeper and the formula is perfection.

I'm not usually a fan of more opaque polish colors and some of these cooler toned, greyish polishes tend to give me the "dead hand" look but I have to say I really like this one! It's got enough pink in it to look pretty on my fingers. Like another reviewer mentioned, I was a bit put off after applying the first coat (streaks galore!) but then I applied the second and everything blended together really well. Oh, and I love how quickly and evenly Essie polishes seem to dry, btw!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic color, especially if you want to keep your manicure suitable for a conservative professional workplace, without compromising with the usual, boring nude/beige/off white. The shade has been described perfectly below so I'll only add that I wholeheartedly recommend this. Perfect shade for when you want elegant, but with a twist.

One of my all time favourites. The colour is gorgeous and appears pink, lavender, greyish, beige, etc. depending on the light. Such a soft subtle colour and always pretty, never boring. I love it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was my first Essie nail polish. And I love everything about it. the only problem I had, which no one else seems to, is it chips so easily. Maybe a day with base and top coat only hours with nothing. I think it may have been the batch I got my bottle from. But I love this color and will continue to wear it chips and all.

Top Rated Essie Products