November 27, 2014 | 1407 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by dgsgeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in the tropics and I love this body butter because it does NOT leave my skin greasy at all!

I apply it after my bath and it gets absorbed within a few minutes. The consistency is also closer to a thick cream than a proper butter -- but that might just be because of the tropical heat which "melts" the butter.

So yeah, it's really good for my dry legs, butt and hips.

A little pricey but TBS always has frequent promotions so it's not really a problem.

Love the "green" smell -- there's no other way to describe it! It is also not as overpowering as the other butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by bdurkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best body butter The Body Shop makes, and I've tried most of them. This is the best body butter anyone makes. It's thick and moisturizing, yet it spreads and absorbs well. The scent is fantastic, not overpowering or cloying and mixes well with green and floral scents. This is the lotion that I travel with because I know that regardless of the season or my skin this will always work. I never let this run out, it is the only body butter that I have repurchased multiple times. This is the very definition of an HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the olive body butter by Body Shop. I buy several of these when they have the BOGO sale (and only then otherwise I think the price isn't worth it). I, personally, do not like a lot of scent or anything fruity or overly nutty, so the olive works for me. It has a pleasant, faint smell that goes away after an hour or so. It moisturizes my very dry skin and seems to last on my body until the next shower. I will continue to look for the sales to purchase more!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by charday

The scent is lovely yet not overpowering. While the scent slowly fades away, you will still be able to smell a hint of it several hours after application. I apply mine right after bath in the morning and the scent remains until late in the afternoon. It's also a great moisturizer. As for the price, I can say its quite affordable given the scent and moisturizing effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Body Shop Body Butter! The scent is very pleasant, and unintrusive to the other fragrances I like to wear. This butter has a nice weight to it, and obsorbs rather quickly. It leaves your skin moisturized without it getting greasy. It is perfect for winter months, when you need a little bit more than a lotion. All in all, an excellent body butter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I think this may be my new fav body butter! Smell is lovely-- not overpowering but very fresh and clean. Absorbs quickly and like all butters-- moisturizes very well and makes your skin super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

My favourite body butter from The Body Shop. The scent is not overpowering and I find it moisturizing while also being easy to spread (compared to, say, the hemp one which is the most moisturizing to me but it's thicker and more difficult to spread.)
I will definitely buy this again, even at full price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by duchy13

Lovely and rich, love the fragrance. A bit overpriced for something you may want to use everyday

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love olive oil as a beauty product, so I was excited to try this body butter out. It's a great basic moisturizer, the scent is subtle and pleasant, it doesn't smell anything like olive oil to me. I use this on my legs and arms only, it's not an intensive healer.. my hands require something a little more moisturizing, so I stick to the shea body butter for that. I would repurchase because this is something you can't go wrong with!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

great smell but is not overpowering and doesn't linger for too long, which is good, also doesn't clash with most perfumes.
Doesn't moisturize enough tho. Back to cocoa and coconut for me!