Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 10/3/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have the worst oily, acne prone skin. I've tried all of the oil free primers, the silicone free primers, but always come back to this one. I think it's the best at holding foundation in place without making my skin oiler or causing breakouts. The ingredients in this one are safe and simple for skin like mine. I highly recommend this primer for oily skinned gals!

on 9/12/2014 3:41:00 AM

I've never been a big primer gal, I thought that it would block my pores and cause more spots/ blackheads (you know the fun stuff).

Anyway, my friend have me hers to try as she is a makeup guru and she said this would be perfect for my combination/ hormonal spot prone skin. I use it with my Bareminerals powder foundation and it really helps to keep everything in place, without causing any reactions.

I don't know which ingredients are good, bad or downright poisonous for your skin but if you're looking for a lightweight primer and have combination skin, give this a go, I'm a convert!

on 9/4/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I've been using this primer for awhile now, I made the switch from the smasbox regular primer to the light version..since it is supposed to control oil better. Overall, I am impressed with how it works. It goes on nice and smooth, and has no smell to it. I use such a tiny amount (a tiny dab) so the tube lasts me at least 6 months. This fills in my pores and fine lines so that my foundation goes on smoothly overtop. It does help a lot with controlling oil, but I think a lot of it has to do with choosing a foundation that is good at controlling oil as well. I personally use MAC pro longwear and they work amazing together. My makeup lasts all day, through the summer heat and working without budging.

on 6/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

I was SO disappointed after using this product. I had read such hype on this primer and could not wait to experience the miracles of longer lasting make up myself. The very first time I used this product it mixed terribly into my skin creating an almost grainy texture. I also believe this product to be the culprit to my constant chin out breaks grr. Just completely disappointed will not purchase again. I prefer the POREfessional by Benefit, it provided the results I wanted to see!

on 5/26/2014 7:20:00 AM

This is my first primer so.. Basically I have oily skin but not too oily and my makeup starts smudging if I sweat and when my face gets oily so I wanted something to keep the makeup on my face the whole day and to control the oiliness, and this did the job.. I am a jockey and I put it on and went training and the makeup stayed until the end and I also went to school and the makeup stayed too. I use it before foundation and before anything so ya. It's light but helpful. Pretty pricey

on 5/25/2014 6:19:00 PM

This is an OK primer. I'm still on the hunt for my HG primer after trying over a dozen. To be honest I settled for this one because I just wanted to give up, so I shelled out the $40 which now I regret lol.

PROS:
- nice consistency, thin and kind of sticky which is weird but makes me feel like my makeup sticks better
- plain white color, which is good because it will not change the color of my skin before applying makeup like some tinted primers
- packaging is simple and clean, and I prefer a squeeze bottle to a pump
- makeup applies very well over top
- makes my makeup last a bit longer vs no primer
- good for combination skin, moisturizes my skin and reduces dryness/patches, but also minimizes oil slightly
- In comparison to the original smashbox primer, this one has a much better texture/consistency

CONS:
- price.... Holy hell I am mind boggled and wondering what was going through my head when I purchased a plain primer for $40
- it is just basically a plain primer... Nothing exciting about it
- size... I was expecting much more product for my money

Overall, I will not repurchase and I will probably never spend $40+ on a primer... Many say that primers are an unnecessary step but I feel weird not using one!!

on 5/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The worst primer I have EVER tried, this is NOT for oily skin, This made my face a greasey mess.
Took it back the next day...

on 5/10/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First off, I normally don't wear any primer at all due to the fact that they're all either too sticky or the high amount of silicone causes me to break out. But recently I've been experimenting with new foundations and noticed they all accentuated dry patches on my skin. I pulled out a travel size photo finish light that was sent to me during a swap. Upon first spreading it around my face it wasn't sticky or oily, it felt like regular moisturizer. As it dried, there was no residue left. My new foundations applied so smooth without dry patches this time! A few days of use and no breakouts either. Everyone's skin is unique and will react differently with certain cosmetics, but this one definitely worked for me.

on 4/28/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very dissatisfied with this product. When I applied it to my face, the primer started rolling into little flakes and pieces, and immediately became bumpy and cakey in the few places it stayed on. It felt like a plastic mask was hovering a few centimeters above my face (I say that because it didn't blend in at all). I returned this product the next day.

on 4/22/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I totally don't like this primer because it breaks me out :'(
it works fine first time I wear it. it really holds the oil on my face, and makes my skin so smooth, love it. Until I took off my make up and I had a few red pimples on my face. it's totally no no. Sorry smashbox, you couldn't impress me this time.

Popular Primer/ Correctors