Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 5/26/2014 7:20:00 AM

This is my first primer so.. Basically I have oily skin but not too oily and my makeup starts smudging if I sweat and when my face gets oily so I wanted something to keep the makeup on my face the whole day and to control the oiliness, and this did the job.. I am a jockey and I put it on and went training and the makeup stayed until the end and I also went to school and the makeup stayed too. I use it before foundation and before anything so ya. It's light but helpful. Pretty pricey

on 5/25/2014 6:19:00 PM

This is an OK primer. I'm still on the hunt for my HG primer after trying over a dozen. To be honest I settled for this one because I just wanted to give up, so I shelled out the $40 which now I regret lol.

PROS:
- nice consistency, thin and kind of sticky which is weird but makes me feel like my makeup sticks better
- plain white color, which is good because it will not change the color of my skin before applying makeup like some tinted primers
- packaging is simple and clean, and I prefer a squeeze bottle to a pump
- makeup applies very well over top
- makes my makeup last a bit longer vs no primer
- good for combination skin, moisturizes my skin and reduces dryness/patches, but also minimizes oil slightly
- In comparison to the original smashbox primer, this one has a much better texture/consistency

CONS:
- price.... Holy hell I am mind boggled and wondering what was going through my head when I purchased a plain primer for $40
- it is just basically a plain primer... Nothing exciting about it
- size... I was expecting much more product for my money

Overall, I will not repurchase and I will probably never spend $40+ on a primer... Many say that primers are an unnecessary step but I feel weird not using one!!

on 5/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The worst primer I have EVER tried, this is NOT for oily skin, This made my face a greasey mess.
Took it back the next day...

on 5/10/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First off, I normally don't wear any primer at all due to the fact that they're all either too sticky or the high amount of silicone causes me to break out. But recently I've been experimenting with new foundations and noticed they all accentuated dry patches on my skin. I pulled out a travel size photo finish light that was sent to me during a swap. Upon first spreading it around my face it wasn't sticky or oily, it felt like regular moisturizer. As it dried, there was no residue left. My new foundations applied so smooth without dry patches this time! A few days of use and no breakouts either. Everyone's skin is unique and will react differently with certain cosmetics, but this one definitely worked for me.

on 4/28/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very dissatisfied with this product. When I applied it to my face, the primer started rolling into little flakes and pieces, and immediately became bumpy and cakey in the few places it stayed on. It felt like a plastic mask was hovering a few centimeters above my face (I say that because it didn't blend in at all). I returned this product the next day.

on 4/22/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I totally don't like this primer because it breaks me out :'(
it works fine first time I wear it. it really holds the oil on my face, and makes my skin so smooth, love it. Until I took off my make up and I had a few red pimples on my face. it's totally no no. Sorry smashbox, you couldn't impress me this time.

on 4/21/2014 12:54:00 PM

I decided to try this primer on a whim and it definitely paid off. This primer is the best I've used and I will continue to buy it. It leaves the skin feeling so silky and soft and is a perfect base for foundation. I have combination to oily skin and it can be quite acne prone at times and I find that this primer really helps distribute the oil where it's needed rather than just sitting on the t-zone. To anyone with oily skin I'd say this is a must have in your make up bag! The packaging is slim and doesn't take up much space at all and although it is a bit pricey at £25 you absolutely get what you pay for.

on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 PM

There is nothing special about this primer. It helps keep your face matte for a little while and helps make up go on smoother, but the effect does not last. There isnt a huge difference between wearing this primer or not.

on 4/7/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have bought this primer several times throughout the past few years, and I have had a great experience with this product. I have combination/oily skin that can react badly resulting in blemishes when using the wrong products, but this primer has always been good to my skin. Although I can get oily, I like the look my skin has with liquid foundation. This primer gives my makeup a smooth application, while controlling sebum. I sometimes can get dry patches on my skin during the winter, and I was nervous because this primer is geared more towards oiliness that I would get flaky, but my makeup still looked great with this primer and no dry spots were accentuated. I have used many primers, some for my skin type and other more general primers for all skin types, but this one stands out and outperforms the rest. The only thing less than perfect thing I would say about this primer is it may not be the best at diminishing the look of pores, so take that into consideration if reducing pore size is a top priority for you. I don't have large pores though, so I'm not the best person to give advice on this primer in terms of its pore perfecting, but in all other regards, this is a great product that works well for blemish prone people in need of some shine control.

on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 AM

This primer broke me out like crazy! It went on fine, like every other primer I've tried, and initially I thought it was helping my makeup last longer. But by the time I washed it off that night, I had a face full of pimples. Not cool. The packaging was alright, but not at all special. Overall, it was terrible and I will be returning it to the store today.