April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A Clinique product I really regret purchasing, and I love Clinique. I went to the salescounter because I needed my shade matched (the 06 Neutral does blend in well to my NC20ish skin), and I'm sorry I didn't do my research and allowed the rep to talk me into this. I didn't realize there's SHIMMER! I primarily wear make-up for work, and felt self-conscious with practically a wash of glitter on my face.

PROS:
-Does provide moisture without feeling heavy or greasy (and I'm not particulary dry)
-Lasted well (with a primer)
-Didn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin

CONS:
-Thick formula a little hard to blend with a brush, easier with fingers (I prefer to use a brush)
-Shimmer!

Absolutely will not repurchase this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Ljana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those old, classic products everyone knows about, so I won't go into details. I tried it only recently just because it turned up in every Google search of 'best foundations for dry skin'. The thing is, I love a good foundation and wear it daily, but as I suffer from pretty dry skin (truly dry skin, not dehydrated or dried out by anti-acne treatments), most foundations tend to feel tight and taut on my skin in winter, regardless of moisturizing and prepping. My skin simply needs continuous moisture to feel comfortable and look nice, so I bought this. The coverage is light and not very buildable, akin to a tinted moisturizer. It will not layer well, you'll just end up piling on the infamous sparkles. Now I don't need a lot of coverage, so that's fine, but - as the previous reviewer asked - why the sparkles?! I can't imagine anyone would want to look like they spilled a powder highlighter all over their face. However, it does keep my skin very hydrated and soft - it's probably the most moisturizing foundation I've ever tried. In short, it's a decent product with two major downfalls - the sparkles and the play-doh smell. I think there are many better options out there for dry skin: Chanel's Vitalumiere (a much more sophisticated finish, no sparkles), Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (not much less coverage), her Creme Smooth and a few others. But, if you, like me, ended up impulsively buying this and want to use it up, try mixing it with other foundations - this will reduce the amount of sparkle and even help a bit with the smell, while still providing the necessary moisture. I've tried this with Shiseido Perfect Refining and Bourjois Flower Perfection (both lovely, but too matte and unsuitable for my skin) and it turned out pretty well. This tip was the whole point of my review, but I sort of got carried away. Hope this helps!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by amcarter62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product! I'm not exactly sure what to call this because I definitely wouldn't call it a foundation, but the coverage is too good to be a tinted moisturizer.. it's somewhere in between. But anyway, I don't mind it because it has the perfect amount of coverage. I just need something to cover redness and even out and this does the job. It's also a nice price!

Now for the sparkles---- WHY?? I don't understand companies who think people want to have sparkles on their face!!! When I first brought this home I was freaking out because I thought this would just be exactly like Revlon Photoready.. which is a nice foundation, but the sparkles are pretty noticeable. But once I actually put this on and looked at myself from a distance, it actually looked pretty nice. You only see the sparkles when your like intensely staring at my skin from 1 inch away in bright lighting, and since people don't really do that very often I dont think I have anything to worry about. So, overall, the sparkles aren't a big deal, but I still wish they just werent there at all. Oh.. and no you will not look like edward cullen.. dont worry

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like the finish it gives despite the sparkles. To me, it is bearable and it looks nice on pics when im going out. However, the dewy finish can look a bit oily when the foundation is on for a couple of hours. But the colour match is almost perfect and i do like it a lot. The tube packing is a lot better than the ones like superbalanced etc but i still very much prefer a bump.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mstrawder66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how the product matched my skin well it was the first department store that matched me pretty good. it blended well and moisturized my dry skin good. the thing i hated about this product is that it was very glittery, you'll look like edward cullen in the sunlight lol the coverage was sheer so you'll definitely need a concealer to go with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

The formula of the actual product is not too bad.It blends pretty nicely, has a nice light airy feel too it and there are lots of color choices.The downside for me is the obvious glitter/sparkle in it (the other reviewers who mentioned this are in fact correct). I am all for a natural glow, but chunky glitter is not a "glow"...it's just chunky glitter. Trust me ladies, swatch this on your wrist and then walk out into the sunlight, you will see it and if that doesn't bother you then I say the makeup is a pretty good choice. If you do NOT like sparkle however steer clear of this one :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I like this. It feels quite thick when squeezed out of the tube but it goes on really sheer and light. Great for someone like myself who doesn't want to look too 'made-up' but nevertheless wants to look polished. The best light foundation I've got for my increasingly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is GREAT for dry skin, especially in the winter. I think glowy foundation is gorgeous when it's cold outside. It's perfect for people who want something a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but with the nice moisturized look of a tinted moisturizer. It's not my holy grail foundation, but I do wear it sometimes, mostly in the colder months. I know they discontinued dewy smooth, but if you like this foundation, but want a heavier coverage, try mac's studio sculpt. They have nc and nw shades for everyone in this foundation! And Mac ss looks like this but with a medium/full coverage, and NO GLITTER/SHIMMER. This Clinique sm has shimmer, which is pretty, I like it. But ss by mac doesn't have the shimmer/glitter. But it is a dewy looking foundation. That's why I compare it to Clinique's.

This makes skin feel super soft when it's washed off, and keeps dry skin moisturized in the winter. It's a gel so it's hard to blend, but with practice, it can be done. I can't wear this anymore though, because they discontinued my color. I don't know if dark complected people just didn't buy at Clinique, or if they decided to only sell to fair and medium women, except for a few things that come in darker shades. I am tan, and as soon as I purchased golden last summer, they discontinued it. I used it this winter. They brought amber back, which is too dark for me, but I bought it to mix with a lighter color. Sand was too ashy on me, and the shade after sand they brought back for like a week, so I bought it to mix with amber. I don't like the fuss of mixing colors with foundations, so I won't repurchase. I just said yes, because I will if they bring back the tan shades - for more than a week or a two.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry combination skin so I thought I'd try this out for winter. Sadly I didn't realise until after getting my sample (yes, bought the sample online..) that it gives a DEWY finish and SHEER coverage. I want to emphasise this detail - I like a matte finish and moderate coverage, so I didn't particularly like this foundation. Also, it has shimmer in it, which I wasn't a fan of. I found it difficult to spread.
It didn't dry my skin out, at least. My mum also tried a sample of it, and her skin is drier than mine, and she found that it emphasised dry patches - dry patches she didn't realise she had until after applying Supermoisture.
So, in conclusion - avoid if you need decent coverage, if you have oily or combination skin and if you're not a fan of being noticeably shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

let me just start by saying that I have used almost every high end foundation on the market and this one IT IS NOT a foundation IT IS a tinted moisturizer. I dont care if Clinique wants to sell this product as a foundation ....its not its a tinted moisturizer. Im saying this because this foundation offers extremely low coverage and when I say low i mean LOW. no matter how much i use i end up with just sheer to light coverage. This "foundation" comes in a tube and retails $24 on the clinique web site. On the field of application this one is a winer applies easily and effortless The staying power is ok I have reasonably dry skin and this one lasts a good 6 hours on me . Im guessing on someone with oilier skin this will slip right off . Gives a satin finish and doesn't really set on the skin but gives that wet/glossy finish witch personally i LIKE a lot. I understand though that this glossy feeling is not for everyone so keep in mind that. As a said my skin is reasonably dry so I never use powder to set my foundation and the same applies on this one Ive never set it with powder and plus with this foundation and because of its glossy finish you are not really able to use powder on top cuz it will look super cakey . Once again I personally enjoy the satin glowy finish if you are not then this foundation is definitely not for you I dont use it on a regular bases cuz unfortunately i need higher coverage and this is the reason i took one lippie off , i would like it to offer higher coverage . People with very dry or just dry skin types may like this one others with oily skin dont even bother .