October 2, 2014 | 1411 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mienelienable

I kind of have a love-hate relationship with this product. I hate the shimmer, but when I have it on, people always say that my skin looks beautiful. Even when I fotograph it, it just gives a suptle glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

Having extremely dry skin, I always use a primer under this foundation and I think it helps a lot with my dry skin and making the foundation last longer.
Though I still have some dry patches I find that a fine mist of setting spray just tones it down and I really like the end result.

I did have my doubts when I first tried the product on my hand and saw that it was slightly sparkly, but on my face it gave a very dewy look which is great.

The reason I gave 4 as an overall rating was that the coverage is very light and may be a problem sometimes when I want more coverage for example at a party where there is flash photography, but works really well for a day of exploring the city or a picnic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this for my dry and dehydrated skin. I really can't see a speck of glimmer in there, but my skin is so dry it would be pretty hard to tell. I'm NC5 or 10 (MAC doesn't had a shade light enough for me!) or 150 Buff in Colourstay and I got matched with 02 Linen, which is a neutral shade but I feel is a touch to chalky on me, but in terms of moisture, it is spot on amazing!

Edit - lasting power is terrible and this stuff is really expensive! Have changed my answer to no.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Doxxe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because i simply needed a new foundation for Prom. I specificly asked the mua for a foundation that photographs well. She tried this on me and I loved it. It was beautiful on my skin and it didn't feel like I was wearing anything. I bought it and on my way home I noticed something on my hand, Sparkles! I took a look in the mirror and I looked like freaking Edward Cullen. It was horrible. I washed it of as soon as i got home and then I forgot about it for a while, Until about a week ago when I found It In my drawer. I thought that maybe It would look good at night, when there was no sun, so I wore it on a night out. Later, when I saw photos from the Night I noticed That I looked VERY shiny, and i don't get shiny... Ever.

I ended up giving This away in a swap.

Pros: It didn't break me out, It felt nice on the skin

Cons: I looked like Edward Cullen!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsqueenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most people have said they can see glitter in this, I could see the glitter slightly but once applied to my face its not noticeable. It just gives the foundation a nice dewy glowing look which I love!
I have dry skin and have searched for a foundation that looks good on my skin for a while and i do like this however it can sometimes look a little patchy in places. Gonna try applying this is different ways to stop the patchiness.
I do really like this foundation, one of the best I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A Clinique product I really regret purchasing, and I love Clinique. I went to the salescounter because I needed my shade matched (the 06 Neutral does blend in well to my NC20ish skin), and I'm sorry I didn't do my research and allowed the rep to talk me into this. I didn't realize there's SHIMMER! I primarily wear make-up for work, and felt self-conscious with practically a wash of glitter on my face.

PROS:
-Does provide moisture without feeling heavy or greasy (and I'm not particulary dry)
-Lasted well (with a primer)
-Didn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin

CONS:
-Thick formula a little hard to blend with a brush, easier with fingers (I prefer to use a brush)
-Shimmer!

Absolutely will not repurchase this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Ljana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those old, classic products everyone knows about, so I won't go into details. I tried it only recently just because it turned up in every Google search of 'best foundations for dry skin'. The thing is, I love a good foundation and wear it daily, but as I suffer from pretty dry skin (truly dry skin, not dehydrated or dried out by anti-acne treatments), most foundations tend to feel tight and taut on my skin in winter, regardless of moisturizing and prepping. My skin simply needs continuous moisture to feel comfortable and look nice, so I bought this. The coverage is light and not very buildable, akin to a tinted moisturizer. It will not layer well, you'll just end up piling on the infamous sparkles. Now I don't need a lot of coverage, so that's fine, but - as the previous reviewer asked - why the sparkles?! I can't imagine anyone would want to look like they spilled a powder highlighter all over their face. However, it does keep my skin very hydrated and soft - it's probably the most moisturizing foundation I've ever tried. In short, it's a decent product with two major downfalls - the sparkles and the play-doh smell. I think there are many better options out there for dry skin: Chanel's Vitalumiere (a much more sophisticated finish, no sparkles), Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (not much less coverage), her Creme Smooth and a few others. But, if you, like me, ended up impulsively buying this and want to use it up, try mixing it with other foundations - this will reduce the amount of sparkle and even help a bit with the smell, while still providing the necessary moisture. I've tried this with Shiseido Perfect Refining and Bourjois Flower Perfection (both lovely, but too matte and unsuitable for my skin) and it turned out pretty well. This tip was the whole point of my review, but I sort of got carried away. Hope this helps!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by amcarter62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product! I'm not exactly sure what to call this because I definitely wouldn't call it a foundation, but the coverage is too good to be a tinted moisturizer.. it's somewhere in between. But anyway, I don't mind it because it has the perfect amount of coverage. I just need something to cover redness and even out and this does the job. It's also a nice price!

Now for the sparkles---- WHY?? I don't understand companies who think people want to have sparkles on their face!!! When I first brought this home I was freaking out because I thought this would just be exactly like Revlon Photoready.. which is a nice foundation, but the sparkles are pretty noticeable. But once I actually put this on and looked at myself from a distance, it actually looked pretty nice. You only see the sparkles when your like intensely staring at my skin from 1 inch away in bright lighting, and since people don't really do that very often I dont think I have anything to worry about. So, overall, the sparkles aren't a big deal, but I still wish they just werent there at all. Oh.. and no you will not look like edward cullen.. dont worry

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like the finish it gives despite the sparkles. To me, it is bearable and it looks nice on pics when im going out. However, the dewy finish can look a bit oily when the foundation is on for a couple of hours. But the colour match is almost perfect and i do like it a lot. The tube packing is a lot better than the ones like superbalanced etc but i still very much prefer a bump.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mstrawder66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how the product matched my skin well it was the first department store that matched me pretty good. it blended well and moisturized my dry skin good. the thing i hated about this product is that it was very glittery, you'll look like edward cullen in the sunlight lol the coverage was sheer so you'll definitely need a concealer to go with this.