December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Hair - Great Lengths Hair Extensions

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had these put in by a very talented professional. She did a GREAT job and took her time. It's fairly comfortable - at first you feel these bumps and it hurts when you rest your head on anything, but after a week or you get used to it and it is comfortable. But honestly it still looks bad to me. First of all if your hair is not the same texture it's gonna look weird. A lot of times it looks like a mullet. The hair isn't even that nice to be honest. I mean it's not that great looking, it looks kinda ratty, not shiny... and this is after maybe a week or two after having them put in. It's extremely expensive. For that price I expect to have gorgeous hair. Sorry but I don't think this is a great option. I think if you really have hair issues where your hair will NOT grow, maybe this is good. But for the most part I think people would look better just making due with their natural hair. My natural hair sucks but i'm SURE i looked better without these bc they are so ratty. And this is with using all the products recommended, the proper brush, care, etc. After one week alone I realized the hair is not that pretty and just looks very dull. Maybe if it's blonde it would look better? Because the dark color I got just does NOT look shiny at all or pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by dionysia04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok i felt compelled to write a review due to the shocking ones i just read, and wanted girls who were in a similar position to know there's hope.
Here's my story. I've always had long but very thin hair. My hair breaks easily too. No one could tell it was thin but i was always desperate for thick, victorias secret hair lol. I went on someones bad advise to an African salon and got a weave put in. They were extremely heavy and extremely tight. When it was time to remove them i wasn't prepared to see what happened next. CLUMPS of my hair came out. I could tell which was mine cause i got slightly darker extensions which blended nicely with my lighter colour. From my already thin hair i lost maybe half of it. My hair was too fine to handle the weight. But of course hairdressers will tell you anything to make money sometimes. I was devastated and hysterical (needless to say the clients waiting to put theirs in saw my hair fall out and ran out of the salon). I am already one of those girls who cries if i get a haircut and freak out over a few cm's! A hairdresser who heard of my story from my Aunt suggested to her that i get GL if i wanted to get full hair back and grow mine out at the same time.My Aunty forewarned her how sensitive and scared i am with my hair normally let alone in my current bald hysterical state. But this girl was compassionate had gone through the same thing. I had them put in (it takes a couple of hours who cares) and had no pain at all except the first night it felt a LITTLE tight and weird. I really was stunned to hear all the girls on this forum who had pain. It should feel a little weird at first cuz, hey, there are 100 little bonds in your hair but you get used to it really. Not one of the bonds fell out at all, except for one i literally accidentally pulled out which was my fault. NO ONE i mean NO ONE new i had extensions. If i told people i literally had to show them because they wouldn't believe me . I looked amazing for formal events with zero effort cause i took advantage of the gorgeous natural wave. I even woke up late before my own 25th birthday, unwashed hair with zero time to get ready and it still looked sexy like a Victorias Secret hair do lol. I normally dont do much with hair, so high maintemance is an issue for me. But really i did nothing major to look after my GL and i had them in for 7 months!!!! When it was time to take them out i went back to the salon and the same girl took them out and TOOK HER TIME. She really baby-ed me and reassured me she would be ultra gently and slow. I wanted to cry when it was over cause my natural hair looked great. It was long and sleek, no broken bits or fly aways. I was so surprised that i had actually wished i did do the 'extra high maintenance' things to have made it look even better. The only thing i did a little differently is really just taking my time brushing the hair taking care not to pull the extension and cause tension from the bond. If youre going to be an animal with the brush well then yes, YOU are causing damage. The GL is just hair after all not magical unbreakable strings.

So point of my story is for the girls who have had some selfish unprofessional maniac damage your hair and you're looking to regrow yours but want a temporary fix, i recommend GL. I do however believe every bad review on here and feel bad for those girls. At the end of the day even the best hair extensions in the world can go horribly wrong if the person applying them is not professional. I was just lucky this girl was so compassionate cause i really didn't check her credentials. One tip though, she only booked me on her quiet days to purposely take her time and not rush ESPECIALLY for the removal. I do suggest a break after using them and them reapplying at a later time. Take more care and time with your hair if you go swimming. I can only assume the girls who had a bad experience have sensitive scalps (which is common therefore i don't suggest it, go for something temporary like clip ins) or the technicians were really careless and unconcerned for your hair. I dont work for GL or endorse for them for any reason ( otherwise i would hit them up for freebies cause i really can't afford these regularly anymore) Hope this helps someone who had the same problem as me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nnnaaannn

i had these extensions put in a couple of times before i came a certified GL technician myself ... These extensions are a total rip off. Please do not compare these extensions to a luxury car because they are not worth the money you are spending. We buy these at retailer's cost which means we get a bundle for 80 while you pay 400.. Its quite funny when i hear other stylist say "they're just as expensive for us to buy as they are for you" that is a total load of bull. These extensions arent high quality they are just popular because of celebs. While they look the most natural out of the bunch they are damaging no matter how good you take care of them or how good your stylist is.. If your bond falls out it is not always "natural shedding" but rather your hair was accidentally ripped out of your head, and they do leave tiny bald spots where they were ripped out of make no mistake about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lasarah911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These reviews are ridiculous. I am a certified Great Lengths stylist. Any damage from GL extensions are 90% of the time the clients fault from poor maintenance. The poster who felt like they were pulling on your natural hair, that would be the technicians fault for not placing them far away enough from the scalp. When you purchase a luxury item you should expect to have to maintain it. It's the same principle as purchasing an expensive luxury vehicle, you keep it clean keep the oil changed and regular maint. Etc. Same applies to your extensions, the rows must be brushed with the GL brush at least twice a day, you must sleep with your hair in a loose ponytail or a braid and you don't ever leave them wet. Its really not that difficult. And if it is, then go to the local beauty shop and purchase some cheap FAKE looking clip ins.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by dani1349

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has anyone tried the Tru Skin - Beverely May hair extensions?http://www.beverlymay.com.au/

I am thinking of having these done but would like some good honest feed back?

Cheers

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by crossland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Great Lengths as I wanted thick, full hair for my wedding. I've never had extensions before and I don't think i will have them again. I paid a 700 for them and when they were first applied I wanted to rip them out! They were so tight and I couldn't sleep on them and I even started to worry that they were giving me headaches. Not only that but they were allot darker then my natural hair colour which was a bit annoying. Don't get me wrong, they did look very natural and are easy to style (my hair was fairly long before so I'm used to spending ages styling it) but they are just more hassle then worth.
I have only had them in 2 months but I'm getting them taken out purely because they are a pain and I am worrying about what damage they are doing to my hair. You're supposed to run your fingers through them to keep them detangled but unfortunatly mine have tangled up quite badly and notted which really doesnt feel or look very nice. So all in all - Great Lengths is definietly a great product if you are used to extensions and can be bothered with all the hassle as they do look very natural. But I am sticking to my natural hair from now on as way too much agro with the special shampoo, tangling etc. If your just getting it done for a special occasion and are not used to bonds then I wouldn't bother - use clip on's instead you can get some natural human hair one's from sallys that look very natural for about 30 a set.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kellyjo7727

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have very good luck with my GREAT LENGHTHS EXTENSIONS i had them professionally applied to my hair and will never ever go without them. they are cheap imposters out there as with all great products. some one is always tryng to make imposters/counterfeit products. i highly suggest going to the web site for great lengths extensions and doing your own research. once you do this you will understand why 600$ for great lengths is a lie. that would be like saying your buying a BMW FOR 10K$ not going to happen. and along with getting great lengths extensions i recommend minimum of biweekly or at the very least monthly visit to your extentioist to have a salon shampoo and condition with a relaxing scalp massage. and a custom blowout for your style. you would not go without maintenance on your car now would you? think of your great lengths extensions as an investment in YOU. and with that investment comes the rewards of having the hair of your dreams.and with some maintenance in your investment you can maintain your dream hair for 6 months.how much was that latte with 500 plus calories in it that you have bought many times over the past month? there is your maintenance at the salon.you can buy the best power toothbrush in the world but if you dont use it correctly it isnt the manufacturers fault, its yours. same for your great lengths extensions.
did you actually see the great lengths wrappers that the extensions come in? did you see the certificate of training and completion of the course from great lengths that your great kengths stylist must have before they can order and apply the extensions to your hair? i hope this gives insight to obtaining your dream hair with GREAT LENGTHS EXTENSIONS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by AprilLongtine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Lengths is THE BEST quality hair extension service available. I am a licensed salon professional and certified Great Lengths Extensionist who both wears, and provides Great Lengths for my clients. I have worn them in my hair for over 7 years and I have had nothing but success in providing them to my clients for over 7 years.

I advise that if you are interested in Lengthening/Enhancing your hair flawlessly, and without compromising your hair, you choose Great Lengths but BEFORE you do this be sure to view www.greatlengths.com for an indepth explanation as to why the quality of the hair and the quality of the bond make Great Lengths the best possible extension service you can invest in. In viewing this website you will also find a listing of Certified Great Lengths Extensionists. I may suggest that you do not stray from this list because in order to be on it (as a salon professional, you are required to maintain a certain standard/amount of business with the company). The more active you are with the company the more experience you have and the more equipped you are as a professional to provide the BEST possible service to your clients. When the exensions are properly applied, and maintained, you will have the hair of your dreams for up to 6months. At which time they can be safely removed from your hair by your certified extensionist.

Beware that upon removal, you will most certainly want to reinvest in another set of extensions because one can very easily become accustomed to superior quality, beautiful hair. And for those of us who haven't naturally been endowed with this asset we can justify paying to have it. When you look good you feel good, when you feel good you can do a great many things. Best of Luck, and I hope I was of help to those in question. If you're in Green Bay WI Id love to help you achieve the hair of your dreams via Great Lengths.
Peace~

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kimi714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi! I am writing this to inform all who are thinking of getting Great Lengths hair extensions to think again. Here's my story: I am a 29 year old female who HAD relatively thick hair. It's naturally wavy and comes down past my shoulders. I would classify it as medium length. All my life I've had a phobia of having short hair. I've gotten a few horrific haircuts in the past that have sadly left me scarred for life. I drempt of having long lucious locks. To me Kim Kardasian has the perfect hair. Welll when my hair dresser told me that there was a way I could have that I was ecstatic. Over $600 and 4 hours of sitting in a hair dresser's chair, I had what I thought was perfection . They came down to almost my butt and were absolutely amazing. My confidence soared and I couldnt have been happier.
However, on the way home that very same day, I was looking in the rearview mirror admiring my new additions and noticed that one of the extensions had come out. Figuring it was just a fluke, I drove on anxiously awaiting to show everyone my new hair. The next day I went out to a park with some friends. I had my hair in a flowing side ponytail when I noticed that a piece of hair was longer than the rest. Low and behold it was ANOTHER extension coming out. This was alarming, but still i figured it was just a fluke, Maybe she hadn't attached those particular ones correctly. Well within the next week more began to come out. I went to see my hair girl and she was shocked. Both she and the owner then witnessed what I was talking about. Two more came out in the shop!!! They were not "slipping out" which I was told could begin to happen after 6 months. They were ripping out from the root of my hair, leaving me with tiny bald spots!! They came to the conclusion that maybe the extensions she put in were simply too thick for my hair type. They also questioned if I was taking any medications. Apparently, there is a list of medications that you should not be taking if you get extensions, that there could be some sort of reaction. I said no, but was not in the least bit happy that I wasn't told about this "medication list" before hand. It was just assumed that I was a healthy individual with no medical problems. My hair girl suggested that we try removing some of the extensions and place thinner ones to replace them. So we did. I was fine for about a week, when low and behold it started happening again to the thick ones and the thinner ones. Immediately I called my hair girl and made an appointment to get them ALL removed. Even during the removal process more were coming out from the root. What I was left with was an entire bald strip in the back of my head and other random bald spots from where the extensions rippped out. They actually took my real hair with them. I also have medical bills from blood tests that the salon recommend I get because "they have never seen this happen before". Turns out I am 100% healthy, thyroid is great, no autoimmune illnesses, nothing. I wish I was told about the risks before getting the extensions. The "no risks" that the company and the hair salon proclaim is a LIE. I was left traumatized, broke, and with less hair then when I started. The salon agreed to give me 1/2 my money back, but you cannot simply put a price on what happened to me. I urge anyone who is thinking of getting extension to think again. Yes, my hair will eventually grow back but it will take a decade to have all my hair one length. I am reminded of what happened every time I look in the mirror. At least 1/3 of my hair is missing. What was supposed to give me the end result of beautiful thick long hair did exactly the opposite.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jojoschmots

Great Lengths is a scam. It is not safe, it is not natural looking, it is not easy to remove, and it is not worth thousands of dollars! Do your scalp and your wallet a favor and just go get a great haircut. Great lengths may be human hair, but it's ugly human hair- all the dyeing really fries it, it felt like wire. The bonds hurt as well, you won't be able to sleep, lean your head against something or run your fingers through your hair- they cause a lot of pulling damage and irritation. If you have shorter hair, it's a DEF NO-NO. It will not blend in. It won't- it looked like I had an 80's she-mullet, so you have to get a haircut to even it out- which means, you're cutting off 70% of the hair you spent thousands on. If you have longer hair- it's still a NO-NO. It will pull even more on your hair- and make it look flat since instead of free-flowing hair, you have clumps of bonded hair. Just imagine what you could do with the thousands of dollars spent on Great lengths- get a new tv, go on a beautiful vacation, buy new furniture, get a prize-winning poodle, buy closets of full of clothes, the new Prada bag!, get a nose job, pay for almost 4 months of food for a struggling family, buy 100 children winter coats... the list goes on and on. There are much better ways to spend money. I took my GL extensions out a week after putting them in- which was longer than I wanted to wait. They hurt, and they looked terrible. The hair was fried and knotty and smelt, and did not match my hair AT ALL. What a waste! I wish I could have read a review like this one beforehand. The removal process damages your hair, and who knows what's kind of health hazards it poses. DO NOT GET THEM. THEY RUIN YOUR HAIR. THEY LOOK STUPID. Don't think because celebs get them you're safe... celebs get them top quality because they are celebs, not because the product is top quality. Besides, they wear them for a few days, do something different, and you never see them up close so you can't tell.
Seriously, save your money- you will be the most disappointed person if you go through with GL. WHAT A WASTE! DON'T DO IT.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No