November 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Hair - Great Lengths Hair Extensions

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lasarah911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These reviews are ridiculous. I am a certified Great Lengths stylist. Any damage from GL extensions are 90% of the time the clients fault from poor maintenance. The poster who felt like they were pulling on your natural hair, that would be the technicians fault for not placing them far away enough from the scalp. When you purchase a luxury item you should expect to have to maintain it. It's the same principle as purchasing an expensive luxury vehicle, you keep it clean keep the oil changed and regular maint. Etc. Same applies to your extensions, the rows must be brushed with the GL brush at least twice a day, you must sleep with your hair in a loose ponytail or a braid and you don't ever leave them wet. Its really not that difficult. And if it is, then go to the local beauty shop and purchase some cheap FAKE looking clip ins.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by dani1349

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has anyone tried the Tru Skin - Beverely May hair extensions?http://www.beverlymay.com.au/

I am thinking of having these done but would like some good honest feed back?

Cheers

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by crossland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Great Lengths as I wanted thick, full hair for my wedding. I've never had extensions before and I don't think i will have them again. I paid a 700 for them and when they were first applied I wanted to rip them out! They were so tight and I couldn't sleep on them and I even started to worry that they were giving me headaches. Not only that but they were allot darker then my natural hair colour which was a bit annoying. Don't get me wrong, they did look very natural and are easy to style (my hair was fairly long before so I'm used to spending ages styling it) but they are just more hassle then worth.
I have only had them in 2 months but I'm getting them taken out purely because they are a pain and I am worrying about what damage they are doing to my hair. You're supposed to run your fingers through them to keep them detangled but unfortunatly mine have tangled up quite badly and notted which really doesnt feel or look very nice. So all in all - Great Lengths is definietly a great product if you are used to extensions and can be bothered with all the hassle as they do look very natural. But I am sticking to my natural hair from now on as way too much agro with the special shampoo, tangling etc. If your just getting it done for a special occasion and are not used to bonds then I wouldn't bother - use clip on's instead you can get some natural human hair one's from sallys that look very natural for about 30 a set.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kellyjo7727

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have very good luck with my GREAT LENGHTHS EXTENSIONS i had them professionally applied to my hair and will never ever go without them. they are cheap imposters out there as with all great products. some one is always tryng to make imposters/counterfeit products. i highly suggest going to the web site for great lengths extensions and doing your own research. once you do this you will understand why 600$ for great lengths is a lie. that would be like saying your buying a BMW FOR 10K$ not going to happen. and along with getting great lengths extensions i recommend minimum of biweekly or at the very least monthly visit to your extentioist to have a salon shampoo and condition with a relaxing scalp massage. and a custom blowout for your style. you would not go without maintenance on your car now would you? think of your great lengths extensions as an investment in YOU. and with that investment comes the rewards of having the hair of your dreams.and with some maintenance in your investment you can maintain your dream hair for 6 months.how much was that latte with 500 plus calories in it that you have bought many times over the past month? there is your maintenance at the salon.you can buy the best power toothbrush in the world but if you dont use it correctly it isnt the manufacturers fault, its yours. same for your great lengths extensions.
did you actually see the great lengths wrappers that the extensions come in? did you see the certificate of training and completion of the course from great lengths that your great kengths stylist must have before they can order and apply the extensions to your hair? i hope this gives insight to obtaining your dream hair with GREAT LENGTHS EXTENSIONS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by AprilLongtine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Lengths is THE BEST quality hair extension service available. I am a licensed salon professional and certified Great Lengths Extensionist who both wears, and provides Great Lengths for my clients. I have worn them in my hair for over 7 years and I have had nothing but success in providing them to my clients for over 7 years.

I advise that if you are interested in Lengthening/Enhancing your hair flawlessly, and without compromising your hair, you choose Great Lengths but BEFORE you do this be sure to view www.greatlengths.com for an indepth explanation as to why the quality of the hair and the quality of the bond make Great Lengths the best possible extension service you can invest in. In viewing this website you will also find a listing of Certified Great Lengths Extensionists. I may suggest that you do not stray from this list because in order to be on it (as a salon professional, you are required to maintain a certain standard/amount of business with the company). The more active you are with the company the more experience you have and the more equipped you are as a professional to provide the BEST possible service to your clients. When the exensions are properly applied, and maintained, you will have the hair of your dreams for up to 6months. At which time they can be safely removed from your hair by your certified extensionist.

Beware that upon removal, you will most certainly want to reinvest in another set of extensions because one can very easily become accustomed to superior quality, beautiful hair. And for those of us who haven't naturally been endowed with this asset we can justify paying to have it. When you look good you feel good, when you feel good you can do a great many things. Best of Luck, and I hope I was of help to those in question. If you're in Green Bay WI Id love to help you achieve the hair of your dreams via Great Lengths.
Peace~

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kimi714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi! I am writing this to inform all who are thinking of getting Great Lengths hair extensions to think again. Here's my story: I am a 29 year old female who HAD relatively thick hair. It's naturally wavy and comes down past my shoulders. I would classify it as medium length. All my life I've had a phobia of having short hair. I've gotten a few horrific haircuts in the past that have sadly left me scarred for life. I drempt of having long lucious locks. To me Kim Kardasian has the perfect hair. Welll when my hair dresser told me that there was a way I could have that I was ecstatic. Over $600 and 4 hours of sitting in a hair dresser's chair, I had what I thought was perfection . They came down to almost my butt and were absolutely amazing. My confidence soared and I couldnt have been happier.
However, on the way home that very same day, I was looking in the rearview mirror admiring my new additions and noticed that one of the extensions had come out. Figuring it was just a fluke, I drove on anxiously awaiting to show everyone my new hair. The next day I went out to a park with some friends. I had my hair in a flowing side ponytail when I noticed that a piece of hair was longer than the rest. Low and behold it was ANOTHER extension coming out. This was alarming, but still i figured it was just a fluke, Maybe she hadn't attached those particular ones correctly. Well within the next week more began to come out. I went to see my hair girl and she was shocked. Both she and the owner then witnessed what I was talking about. Two more came out in the shop!!! They were not "slipping out" which I was told could begin to happen after 6 months. They were ripping out from the root of my hair, leaving me with tiny bald spots!! They came to the conclusion that maybe the extensions she put in were simply too thick for my hair type. They also questioned if I was taking any medications. Apparently, there is a list of medications that you should not be taking if you get extensions, that there could be some sort of reaction. I said no, but was not in the least bit happy that I wasn't told about this "medication list" before hand. It was just assumed that I was a healthy individual with no medical problems. My hair girl suggested that we try removing some of the extensions and place thinner ones to replace them. So we did. I was fine for about a week, when low and behold it started happening again to the thick ones and the thinner ones. Immediately I called my hair girl and made an appointment to get them ALL removed. Even during the removal process more were coming out from the root. What I was left with was an entire bald strip in the back of my head and other random bald spots from where the extensions rippped out. They actually took my real hair with them. I also have medical bills from blood tests that the salon recommend I get because "they have never seen this happen before". Turns out I am 100% healthy, thyroid is great, no autoimmune illnesses, nothing. I wish I was told about the risks before getting the extensions. The "no risks" that the company and the hair salon proclaim is a LIE. I was left traumatized, broke, and with less hair then when I started. The salon agreed to give me 1/2 my money back, but you cannot simply put a price on what happened to me. I urge anyone who is thinking of getting extension to think again. Yes, my hair will eventually grow back but it will take a decade to have all my hair one length. I am reminded of what happened every time I look in the mirror. At least 1/3 of my hair is missing. What was supposed to give me the end result of beautiful thick long hair did exactly the opposite.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jojoschmots

Great Lengths is a scam. It is not safe, it is not natural looking, it is not easy to remove, and it is not worth thousands of dollars! Do your scalp and your wallet a favor and just go get a great haircut. Great lengths may be human hair, but it's ugly human hair- all the dyeing really fries it, it felt like wire. The bonds hurt as well, you won't be able to sleep, lean your head against something or run your fingers through your hair- they cause a lot of pulling damage and irritation. If you have shorter hair, it's a DEF NO-NO. It will not blend in. It won't- it looked like I had an 80's she-mullet, so you have to get a haircut to even it out- which means, you're cutting off 70% of the hair you spent thousands on. If you have longer hair- it's still a NO-NO. It will pull even more on your hair- and make it look flat since instead of free-flowing hair, you have clumps of bonded hair. Just imagine what you could do with the thousands of dollars spent on Great lengths- get a new tv, go on a beautiful vacation, buy new furniture, get a prize-winning poodle, buy closets of full of clothes, the new Prada bag!, get a nose job, pay for almost 4 months of food for a struggling family, buy 100 children winter coats... the list goes on and on. There are much better ways to spend money. I took my GL extensions out a week after putting them in- which was longer than I wanted to wait. They hurt, and they looked terrible. The hair was fried and knotty and smelt, and did not match my hair AT ALL. What a waste! I wish I could have read a review like this one beforehand. The removal process damages your hair, and who knows what's kind of health hazards it poses. DO NOT GET THEM. THEY RUIN YOUR HAIR. THEY LOOK STUPID. Don't think because celebs get them you're safe... celebs get them top quality because they are celebs, not because the product is top quality. Besides, they wear them for a few days, do something different, and you never see them up close so you can't tell.
Seriously, save your money- you will be the most disappointed person if you go through with GL. WHAT A WASTE! DON'T DO IT.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So you want to have great lengths put in?

Ive tried several methods of hair extensions and all sorts of Hair, from Indian to Brazilian, Italian and other European sources (Russian apparently). I must say that the quality of the great lengths hair was the best That Ive ever tried and I've also found that their bonds have been the easiest to remove within this method.
The hair looks gorgeous and so natural. You pay for the quality.. Its expensive, Mine cost between 1100 and 1400 euros.. I am embarrassed to tell my friends the price because they'll think im nuts! That's a months salary for them. After all.. its just temporary hair! The hair is not re-usable.
They say its not damaging, okay maybe the application of the hair is not so damaging but in my experience the damage occurs once the hair gets matted at the bonds and you try to unlock the mess. Honestly, Ive had dreadlocks almost forming there and I took super good care of my hair and used the best products. Also when removing the hair and combing it out, it will break your own hair futher!
Ive had them twice in a row now, in both cases they only looked amazing for about 1.5 months and I could barely hold onto them for 4 full months because they feel too gross at the bonds and washing and styling my hair was becoming a tough, tough mission. They say you can have them in for 6 months, that's rubbish! Hair grows about a 1.2 cm a month, theyd be dangling half way down the shaft by then, nasty + tacky looking hair because they thin over time and lose their gloss. This is natural hair so split ends do form on them.

They do give a free follow up appointment after 1 month, to tidy up knotts and they can also rebond any hair that has slipped off. Nice but there really is nothing for them to do at this time. Month two and three is when its really needed.

After removing the hair extensions, hair will be drier as your own natural oils from your scalp cannot spread properly but this can be sorted out with the use of protein treatments and deep conditioners, I wouldn't recommend coloring or putting highlights in straight away as hair will be brittle. I highlighted my hair the same day i had them removed and most of the highlights just broke off later and the ones that didnt break off just looked unhealthy. You will also have noticed your hair is not as full as it was before the extensions so i would recommend that you have a break of about 4 months before reapplying to let some new growth come in or you might risk getting bald spots. Also, after removal you'll notice that your own hair will have grown by a few centimeters but you'll probably have to cut that new length off because of split ends galore!

Next time Im going for the tape method which is gentler for the hair, and the hair is reusable. cost is less too.

Dont listen to the hairdressers when they say its not damaging. They only want to take your money! Make up alley is the way to go.

Updating:

Ive tried the tape method and am not impressed, they tend to open up when I wash my hair as they get so heavy. The quality of hair was also a let down.

Ive also tried giambertone hair/ keratin bonds... This hair Was beautiful the first few weeks, almost as good as great lenghts but now they're tangling and matting. This hair is so heavy, Ive had tham for a month now and still feel the weight pulling on my own strands. The good thing about great lenghts is how light their hair is so it wont cause tension at the roots.

I have to say great lengths is far better than allot of other methods and brands out there. just keep in mind that all methods of hair extensions will cause some amount of damage to your own hair in the end but if you really are prepared for this and want extensions then Great lengths is a good choice of extensions to choose.

Ive now given those extra stars to great lenghts... Sometimes you have to look around before you know how good something is. Great lengths are far ahead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by missmarch

I had Great Lengths extentions three times over the past year. it ruined my hair completely and I ended up with very fine mousy ended hair
I regret having them in the first place
but my last time having them on - last december- was the worst by all means
I went to this salon in Covent Garden deluded by the new cold fusion technique they use instead of head and glue
and almost all extensions slipped down from the first week like I am wearing the clip ones!!!! I ended up after a month with half of the extensions on the floor and my full thick hair was a funny uneven locks-
I can't believe these people are allowed to market and sell this product
when not even an apology or an explanation for what has gone wrong is provided!!!
very unprofessional
very damaging hair stuff

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by l0vergirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I paid a ton of money for these and they only lasted 4 months. I guess it was a love and hate relationship because i absoltely loved them when I was getting ready to go out somewhere.. I would run a quick curling iron through them and my hair always looked amazing...They were also completely natural looking, nobody knew I was wearing extentions unless I told them. However, I hated them when it came to showering (they were so hard to shampoo through without getting tangly) and they also got really nappy at the back towards the end and I had to get my hairdresser to fix that. Also, I couldnt wear them straight after about 2 months because they looked stringy (since u lose extentions every couple of weeks- they just fall out when brushing). But overall, I will probably get them agian at least once.. Im thinking after that Ill stick to clip in extentions- which i havnt tried yet.