October 23, 2014 | 887 users online

Fragrances - Prince Matchabelli- Cotton Candy Cologne Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im surprised there are so few reviews for this perfume! Lately i have been deep in a fragrance phase, which all of a sudden turned into a cheap-body spray-kids perfume phase....i really dont know why! And when i get this way its all or nothing, so last night i ended up at Bartells with a sickness whos only prescription was more candy sweet kiddie fragrances! To my excitement there was a super after holiday fragrance sale and i scooped up 4 body fantasy sprays($4 total), the cotton candy cologe ($3) and a Bonne bell strawberry smackers body spray ($2) The cashier looked at me like i was crazy, but i didnt notice out of my $9 tooty fruity bonanza going on in my brain! ANYWAY i digress, this 'cologne' is in a pretty large, surprisingly cute light pink glass bottle, that is shaped in sort of...waves? Its quite simple and sweet, i wont mind displaying this next to my large collection of high enders up on the dresser. ( the body fantasies and smackers must live in shame in the bathroom cabinet however!) The scent is overtly sweet and sugary, oh so cotton candy, i can almost feel that soft, warm spun sugar feeling when i spray it...it has a very feathery feeling to it, not sharp or powdery at all. The initial burst is pure candy, and the dry down is a soft fluffy strawberry bubblegum scent. It is such a fun departure from all the serious, sexy complicated perfumes that we all love. and the staying power!! Unheard of! Ive never had something last so long! Of course my boyfriend actually says 'you smell good!' when i wear my silly scents and never bats an eye at any of my real perfumes. Typical!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Caramaria

This scent is a pillowy, sweet, fragrant cloud of sweet, sugary goodness that will leave your heart light and without a care in the world. You will be teleported to a time once spent only dreaming of what you will become and when your next meal will be served. Santa Claus would be scented like this. It is the scent dreams travel upon. Billowy and light, yet lasts for hours. Opens with fresh berries and vanilla and then on into sugared powdered candy fluff - sweet but not too sweet...there is mention of musk but only a whisper. Normally I am bothered by musk but not in this case - I don't even notice it. I You will find yourself respraying if only to gaze upon the tender pink elixir that will spritz upon your skin pure love. Ok, I realize I am not probably making any sense but I really enjoy this cologne and I do hope they plan on keeping it a part of the line. I am a forty-something female and this scent refreshes me in a "I'm still a little girl at heart" way ...without screaming TODDLER. Please give it a try. You might surprise yourself! If you do not care for it...send it to me! It is an inexpensive adventure either way! ENJOY! P.S. if you find yourself wanting to love Pink Sugar but something about it puts you off - the musk perhaps...burnt note maybe? Give this a try....perfection!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure about this scent so I bought the body spray. Now I wish I would have bought the cologne spray. I love this scent so much!****EDIT****YAY!!! I went out and bought the cologne spray. The bottle looks like it belongs on the vanity of an 8 year old girl instead of a 25 year old but the scent is so sweet and pretty. It's not a strong cotton candy smell....I think that scares people off.
****Another Edit****Had to give it to my little brother's girlfriend. It started to smell like plastic on me. The body spray was good, but cologne spray turned bad on me. I went ahead and gave her both bottles. She really enjoyed the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I was in the market for a Pink Sugar dupe, because although I like Pink Sugar, I think the price (around $30 depending on where and what size you buy) is pretty steep for a scent that isn't particularly long-lasting or complicated. So for about $9 at Walmart, I thought I'd try this. It's really nice and satisfied my Pink Sugar craving. I highly recommend if you like the scent of Aquolina Pink Sugar, but don't want to pay that much. Much better than Calgon Marshmellow, which is supposed to smell like Pink Sugar, but all I got out of that one was alcohol. This starts out smelling of strawberry and then dries down to cotton candy. It's fun.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by wildesigns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had smelled this before when it first came out and passed it up then saw it again yesterday and bought the 'fragrance spray'. I love it! I don't get any fruit from it at all, just warm, sweet spun sugar with a hint of amber to it. It actually lasts on me (one spray) for a good 5-6 hours, too, when nothing usually stays that long. I paid $2.88 for a 3oz bottle and now wish I'd bought another. I like it far better that Pink Sugar or any or the dupes I've tried and certainly hope PM keeps making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CarmenJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is packaged in a cute light pink box with a big swirl of cotton candy on it with the words written across it. The bottle is darling--the top is light pink with a medium pink marabou feather & a darker pink bottle. Pink on pink cuteness!

The scent is light, sweet (but not overpowering), fun, girly, & reminds me of ice cream at times! This scent is comparable to Body Fantasies Cotton Candy, it smells very similar (and way better than the Calgon!)...The lasting power is pretty decent, after awhile, it smells really light but it's still there. It's also available in a body mist that is just as delicious, but doesn't last as long. This scent is just sweet & fun, its a nice change on a hot summer day...Makes me feel happy & giddy!!!

~The product's description reads: Absolutely delicious! This playful fragrance brings back childhood memories of carefree days surrounded by friends and fun. Our Cotton Candy Cologne Spray is a wonderful blend of spun sugar and creamy vanilla combined with notes of tender strawberries, lush raspberries, & clean musk. The result is irresistible! (really)

Enjoy the spun sugar!