July 23, 2014 | 1625 users online

Skincare - Face - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by htsang30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I never discovered this sooner! It works really well for whitehead zits. I take an ice cube wrapped in a paper towel and held it to my titanic pimple for 3 minutes, and didn't see a difference immediately until I removed it and waited a few moments. It shrunk down SO MUCH!! the pasty 3D whiteness of the pimple is completely gone and all that's left is a small colourless bump. Before it shrinks, it may start to itch a bit. And this is much much much more effective if the whitehead is still small! Large, developed ones will most likely take a few icings to shrink down.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LHagen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not only can this be good for helping a swollen pimple, but I enjoy using this just to run over my freshly washed face. I run it over my whole face and even over my undereye area. After doing so, just pat your face somewhat dry and then put on moisturizer. Your face will feel so refreshed and more "alive" because the coolness will cause a fresh feeling and also increase blood flow. It could also be said that this technique could be "anti-aging" because of the increased blood flow. Try it! I promise you'll like it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I rub an ice cube on my entire face after washing my face twice a day. It really helped with the acne provided that I go to bed before 12mn.

I also rub ice cubes on my eyes when I feel that they are puffy or tired. I always feel so refreshed after that!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely brilliant. We use this to stop the swelling of bruises and bumps, so why not on emerging pimples? If you get one of those big 'ol nasty painful mothers starting to make its way to the surface of your poor face, STOP IT COLD. Whenever I feel one coming on, big or small, I press a tissue-wrapped ice cube onto the spot for 45 seconds. Depending on the size, it may shrink up immediately, but bigger ones might take a couple more applications (never more than one a night). I have ice cube trays that make star-shaped cubes so they have edges that make it much easier to pinpoint a pimple. ^^ Ice cubes are an effective, natural, and free way to keep breakouts from getting as bad as they could be. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner!
**EDIT: Unbelievable. I'm so dumb for not finding out about this sooner. Every big welling pimple I've used ice cubes on, and even little ones, almost completely go down wihin a few night's application. I've been committed to this method for about a month now and I'm reaping the benefits like crazy. Seriously, try this out.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter swears by this method for stopping zits cold. The cold reduces swelling by constricting blood vessels and it follows that cysts could be negatively effected more than pimples. I still get breakouts at my age and we tried this over one weekend and had fun doing it. Overall, its the laughter that was more beneficial than the actual ice cubes because I was not stressing over the pimple.:) Stress exacerbates it as we all know. Works for cysts but not so effective for pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sweetanger

Good to stop a zit from forming, good in water, and to throw at cars {joking] ;]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is for people who don't want a pimple to come to a head. In my experience, it doesn't get rid of a pimple, it just gets rid of the swelling so it looks so. The pimple is still there, under the surface. I like to make lemon water ice cubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to mess with my pimples so much that I end up having dark acne scars after. I usually break out once in a while, but i cant hold back and start picking. Even when I dont see a whitehead. I started taking care of my skin and stopped picking!

I was doing my makeup before work and as I was blending out my concealer on my cheeks (cover redness), i noticed that there was a bump forming. It started to hurt once i touched it. there was no head forming. Painful, red bump. It was swelling up really bad and i didnt know what to do.

I remembered reading on the boards about ice cubes. So, I went to my fridge took out an ice cube and grabbed a washcloth. I wrapped the ice cube with the washcloth and applied it directly on my pimple. I would leave it for about 45 seconds, around 6-7 times. I noticed that the swelling had gone down and it didnt hurt anymore. The pimple was still there but it was less visible. It didnt form a head and was gone in about one day. I used the ice cube method about 2-3 times a day and added polysporin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by gesiting

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ice cubes are the only thing I know of that will actually help with a zit that is already forming. I use them as part of Face Reality's excellent regimen. Of course, I can't leave well enough alone. I put a little apple cider vinegar in the water before freezing it, and apply it with a cheap microfiber cloth morning and night. Haven't broken out in months. Very happy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the easiest, cheapest way to stop a pimple from forming. It works best if you apply ice to the area as soon as you feel the tingle. What I do is put an ice cube inside a plastic sandwich bag and twist the end (so it doesn't drip everywhere), then hold it to my freshly-cleansed face for 30 seconds to a minute - if you do it for too long you risk getting frostbite. I've given this 5 lippies because although it is certainly not a 'cure' for spots, it really does make a huge difference and is completely free. Last week I felt a really painful throbbing and knew I was about to get a massive spot, but as a result of the ice method it ended up being a small pimple, far less painful and only lasted a day or so. I think everyone with acne-prone skin should try this - you have nothing to lose!

UPDATE: I've discovered that you really do have to be consistent when using this method. I apply the ice morning and night until the spot has disappeared or stopped hurting completely. The one time I didn't do this (stopped applying ice because I thought it was *almost* gone), the spot emerged the following day.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No