November 23, 2014 | 1854 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I didn't know there was a review section for this until I searched 'best value'. I've been using this meathod for a few months whenever I get a big, under the skin blemish. I wrap the ice cube in a paper towel and press it to the blemish for a few minutes until I feel like my face is numb. When I remove it, the swelling has gone down and it's easy to apply makeup to it. It works onmy whiteheads, too. Sometimes I'll give myself an ice facial, where I rub ice over my entire face for a few minutes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this to calm swelling or redness after removing facial hair , whether by threading or waxing , absloutely safe and very suitable for sensitive skin ..I used it on a friend who has very delicate sensitive skin who always complain of breakout , swelling and bumps after facial hair removal and her skin calmed down immediately ..Don't use products anymore on your face before or after threading or waxing facial hair just wash your face with mild soap or a good foamy cleanser before and after hair removal and an ice cube held with a piece of cotton , pass it in circular motion on the whole face and swelling for some time and that's it :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

This review is for the basic ice cube. I use a ice cube wrapped in wet paper towel or face cloth against a pimple for a couple of mins. This will shrink the pimple big time but the pimple can't have a head on it yet. Just red and under the skin. Works EVERY time for me. If you don't do this at the beginning of the pimple, it could be too late. Update: I did use a ice cube on a red pimple and it still helped!! The pimple stopped gettng bigger and healed quicker :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by htsang30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I never discovered this sooner! It works really well for whitehead zits. I take an ice cube wrapped in a paper towel and held it to my titanic pimple for 3 minutes, and didn't see a difference immediately until I removed it and waited a few moments. It shrunk down SO MUCH!! the pasty 3D whiteness of the pimple is completely gone and all that's left is a small colourless bump. Before it shrinks, it may start to itch a bit. And this is much much much more effective if the whitehead is still small! Large, developed ones will most likely take a few icings to shrink down.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LHagen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not only can this be good for helping a swollen pimple, but I enjoy using this just to run over my freshly washed face. I run it over my whole face and even over my undereye area. After doing so, just pat your face somewhat dry and then put on moisturizer. Your face will feel so refreshed and more "alive" because the coolness will cause a fresh feeling and also increase blood flow. It could also be said that this technique could be "anti-aging" because of the increased blood flow. Try it! I promise you'll like it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I rub an ice cube on my entire face after washing my face twice a day. It really helped with the acne provided that I go to bed before 12mn.

I also rub ice cubes on my eyes when I feel that they are puffy or tired. I always feel so refreshed after that!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely brilliant. We use this to stop the swelling of bruises and bumps, so why not on emerging pimples? If you get one of those big 'ol nasty painful mothers starting to make its way to the surface of your poor face, STOP IT COLD. Whenever I feel one coming on, big or small, I press a tissue-wrapped ice cube onto the spot for 45 seconds. Depending on the size, it may shrink up immediately, but bigger ones might take a couple more applications (never more than one a night). I have ice cube trays that make star-shaped cubes so they have edges that make it much easier to pinpoint a pimple. ^^ Ice cubes are an effective, natural, and free way to keep breakouts from getting as bad as they could be. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner!
**EDIT: Unbelievable. I'm so dumb for not finding out about this sooner. Every big welling pimple I've used ice cubes on, and even little ones, almost completely go down wihin a few night's application. I've been committed to this method for about a month now and I'm reaping the benefits like crazy. Seriously, try this out.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter swears by this method for stopping zits cold. The cold reduces swelling by constricting blood vessels and it follows that cysts could be negatively effected more than pimples. I still get breakouts at my age and we tried this over one weekend and had fun doing it. Overall, its the laughter that was more beneficial than the actual ice cubes because I was not stressing over the pimple.:) Stress exacerbates it as we all know. Works for cysts but not so effective for pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sweetanger

Good to stop a zit from forming, good in water, and to throw at cars {joking] ;]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is for people who don't want a pimple to come to a head. In my experience, it doesn't get rid of a pimple, it just gets rid of the swelling so it looks so. The pimple is still there, under the surface. I like to make lemon water ice cubes.