January 29, 2015 | 1937 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I'm so in love with the scent!!! it goes on slightly sticky yet it absorbs into the skin and makes your skin feel moisturized. the scent is not too strong and it's subtle, leaving a nice shea butter scent which is just right. so in love with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is quite incredible. I've been using it for the last year and I have to say that I really loved it.

I've never had an HG body lotion, but this is definitely it. One day my mom and I happened to try this lotion and we loved it. This lotion has such an incredible texture; it's thick, creamy and moisturizing.

The smell is quite nice and not overpowering so if you're easily offended by scents this shouldn't bother you. It's warm and sweet, but I can't put my finger on the exact scents.

The lotion does take a little bit of time to absorb, so you can't just throw your clothes on immediately after you apply it.

The moisturizing effects are effective and long-lasting. I have the type of skin that itches when it's dry, and it doesn't itch at all when I use this lotion once a day. I used to use Garnier's Body Intensive Cream and my skin would become dry and itchy less then four hours later. This lotion keeps your skin moist until the next day!

This lotion is really inexpensive for the amount of product you get, which is another added plus. In short, this lotion is fantastic! Great moisture, yummy smell, huge bottle and cheap price all wrapped up in one product. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great everyday lotion. I bought it to help relieve itching and irritation from shaving my legs and it works great for that. It does seem to actually soothe my skin. It's a light lotion, nothing super-moisturizing, but great for after the shower. It absorbs very quickly and doesn't feel sticky or greasy. The scent is also very light; I suck at describing scents but it's a warmish smell, maybe a little almondy? At any rate it's nothing too offensive. I love this stuff, you get a ton of it for cheap and it will last forever. I would definitely repurchase and definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS . it smells amazing. its not expensive at all. it is a huge bottle. V
ERY moisturizing and hydrating.
i use it as soon as i can when i come out of the shower. i do not have dry skin, just normal it can get dry sometimes. but only sometimes.
if i were to go without body lotion for a week or so, my skin would obviously get dry.
if you have eczema or sensitive skin or dehydrated skin or pimples on your chest/back, get this.
even if you have oily skin, still try it out its great. its definitely not thick but its not runny either. LOVE IT. my HG body lotion. w
ill repurchase for life! will have this all over my house when i have a family! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by kyuen

I love this stuff! My parents always have a various amount of different body lotions all throughout the house and my mom finally recommended me to try this one. My skin has been suffering through rashes from the heat and sunburn. The original bottle I had had actually went missing and I went through a couple weeks without this.

What I noticed were my rashes had completely subsided, my skin was no longer itchy. When I stopped using it, the rashes came back and my skin was destroyed due to the excessive scratching.

This is the first body lotion that I have ever stuck with since it has a somewhat mid-heavy fragrance. (I wish it was fragrance-free T_T) The price is amazing and I believe it works better for my skin than high-end brands. It really absorbs through my skin really well and I'm not sticky after a couple of minutes. I would definitely buy this again and will use it throughout the winter months!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by inthaputri

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I have a very sensitive skin, i live in the tropical area yet my skin is very dry and sometimes it gets itchy. This lotion gives immediate soothing feeling and heals my dry skin over time. It also makes my skin smooth. Smells great but not overpower my perfume. The only down thing is that i cant get it in my country (Indonesia).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have one word to say about this product...AMAZING! I love this product!! When I apply this to my skin, it feels really nice and glides across easily. It may feel a tad greasy at first but that's only cos you have to give it about 2-3 minutes to absorb into your skin, which I'm absolutely fine with. I have very sensitive skin so I have to be careful when choosing body products because I react easily to alot of stuff. I didn't react to this lotion at all! Infact, more than anything, this cream helped my eczema and itchyness. The scent of this product is lovely and light. It smells of shea butter with a hint of oatmeal and vanilla. Like I said before, it's a very light scent and doesn't linger throughout the day but that doesn't bother me at all. Overall this product has so many great benefits. It:
-moisturizers my skin
-is gentle on sensitive skin & helps my eczema
-has a nice subtle scent
-is not expensive, quite affordable

I would definitely buy again! I recommend this lotion highly to everyone (even to people who have sensitive skin). Love it xx

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome lotion! You can get it in a squeeze bottle (which I love) or a pump (other people love). I usually stray away from anything that smells vanilla/coconutty but this lotion reminds me of that fragrance and it's fine. It sinks in and leaves skin moisturized but not sticky. Plus, it's 3 bucks. Totally would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTE BEAUTY BARGAIN! Bubzbeauty got me here, after watching her YouTube videos on the skin benefits of oatmeal, I was completely intrigued and sucked in. Oatmeal isn't just good for your tummy, it's actually super effective and good on your skin, it's relieves and soothes any skin irritations, dryness, redness and is anti-inflammatory, it also help protect skin from free radicals. Perfect for people who suffers from skin irritations and common cases of eczema like me. HOWEVER, don't get to excited my sensitive/eczema skin gals, don't be mislead, on the ingredient list on the back of the bottle, oatmeal extracts only kick in after 8 other ingredient like mineral oil and Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, this product is not completely all natural as it advertise to be. This body lotion is not a miracle worker but it does what it does, soothes and hydrate skin. I purchased the 621ml/ 20.99 fl.ounce bottle and it lasted me for 3 monthly, I just it on a daily basis, right after every shower to achieve the maximum effect of the moisturizer. The consistency is light not liquidy and is quick absorbent and non sticky. This moisturizer helped my skin get through the autumn and spring season, however, during the colder season, I don't find it moisturizing or nourishing enough. So here's a trick that probably anyone can think up, just a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and bonjour soft, silky legs.

Fragrance:
A light shea butter scent, but I didn't really pick up any oatmeal scent in my bottle. It's definetly a light scent, so it doesn't linger on to your skin or clothes.

Price: AUD$8.99 at my local Priceline store in Australia. That's pretty damn cheap here at Australia and the price gets better when it's on sale.
Would I repurchase: Yes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this b/c it was on sale and I couldn't find my favorite Curel lotion. On sale it was less than half the price of Curel and I guess I was just trying to save a few dollars. I got about 21oz for about $3. It's just an ok lotion. Smell is ok but I prefer fragrance free. It moisturizes but doesn't seem to actually help my skin feel better. My son has KP (keratosis Pilaris) and the Curel itchy skin relief lotion with the eczema seal of approval stamped on it actually helped his bumps and his skin stayed soft for 24 hours. This stuff is ok doesn't moisturize all day but I will finish the bottle. Good if you just need a basic moisturizer but I'm not crazy about and will not repurchase.