Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The amount of face wash you get for the price is pretty good, and it has a really convenient pump, so three stars for packaging and price. The product itself is what I had a problem with. My doctor told me to start using spectro a couple weeks ago spectro so I found this in my cabinet. I washed my face with it and I swear the next morning my face was red as a tomato and incredibly dry and flaky, it almost felt like a sunburn. I for some reason thought it was my moisturizer or the fact that it was old. So I went to the store and picked up the combination one, my skin went back to normal and cleared up a little. It's been three weeks and I just got a new bottle of this and instantly the exact same thing. My skin isn't even sensitive and the worst part is it hasn't helped clear up my skin at all. I'd give the product no stars if I could. I would never EVER suggest this to anyone unless they had incredibly oily skin, and even then I doubt it'll really do much good.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use to use the Effaclar moose cleanser by La Roche Posay & you'd think that at 30 something dollars a pop it would work wonders... But for me it didn't. The formulation was way too harsh on my skin and though it effectively cleansed my face of makeup, my face felt tight and moisture was completely stripped. I'm not saying it's a horrible cleanser, but for sensitive dry skin it didn't work. So I switched to Spectro Jel. And honestly, I used this years ago and still it remains my favourite. It leaves my skin clean AND soft. I have no issues taking off my makeup. The Jel isn't harsh at all and there's no added frangrance(which can cause breakouts). My skin is clear, soft and subtle. I love this stuff! I use it every morning with Aveeno Positively Radian daily moisturizer with SPF 15 & at night with Aveeno Positively Radiant Night Cream & my skin has never felt or looked better. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This doesn't work for my face (broke me out somehow-weird because it is so simple). Also use this in the shower for my chest and back and it makes me feel clean, but doesn't help with any body acne- but I don't think that's what it does anyway. I probably wouldn't get this again because it is ineffective for me.

I love this face wash. Its very gentle and effective. I use it in the morning at night after removing my makeup with Mac cleanse off oil.

I dont usually write reviews, however this product is worth a review. I have had trouble with acne since my early 20s(now in my 30s) and have been searching for a product that works, that is cost efficient and gentle on the skin. as many other reviews state you do have to give this product a few weeks to a month to really work. it has been just over a month now, and I love it. my breakouts have gone from constant to just a blemish here and there. it smells kind of odd, like glue, but it really does work. I use this as well as the spectro facial moisturizer for blemish prone skin. I would recommend this product and will buy it again. the price is great and the pump on the large size bottle is convenient to keep in the shower.

I've been using this and the HydraCare blemish prone skin moisturizer for about 5 months and it only helped with the little pimples, but instead I got the big, hard pimples that take forever to go away. Also, after using the cleanser my cheeks were really dry and tight so I had to use a lot of the moisturizer on my cheeks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to give it a try as the label boasted 'sulphate free, ph balanced' good things indeed. Now it did it's job of cleaning my face, but I've discovered by removing one product from my routine at a time this was the cause of my mysterious nipple eczema! Very strange. I've struggled with eczema and dry skin my whole life so I would NOT recommend this for others who have the same problem. Back to good ol noczema for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily and acne prone skin. But everything changed when I used Spectro Jel Blemish Prone Fragrance free. Within a week I began to see changes. Not only was my skin clearing up but so were my dark spots. I am in my third week of this process and my skin looks better Not entirely perfect. A pimple her and there and faded dark spots. This cleanser does not irritate your skin so don't worry about feeling itchiness or pain. Stop wasting your money on expensive cleansers that supposedly "work". Get Spectro Jel and try it. You wont regret it. There are different types of bottles you can buy so get the one that will fit your skin. ;)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had several cystic acne 2 years ago and was afraid to try this, due to a few reviewers in the lowest rating claiming it gave them large pimples (your mileage may vary btw because skin products is like dating). So I finally decided to buy the product a month ago and was (still am) in love of it. The cleanser does smell chemically and has a liquidy/jelly texture. It feel pleasant upon application, not like cetaphil which feels a lot like semen ( I am a nurse in training so I've handled many bodily fluids). Overall, the product is really refreshing and leaves you fresh. Hot showers will take away the moisturizing benefits of jel or hydrating cleanser so tepid showers is a must unless you like the tight "clean" feeling of drying cleansers.

HG everyday cleanser for me, but I still use strong drying cleansers to take away the makeup after special occasions.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am an 30 year old with 2 kids. I had s flawless face when I was younger then after my kids bam! adult acne . I have tried everything thing! even went to 3 dermatologist who gave me all these creams that just burnt my skin off. I was on acne.org and was them talking about this. I bought this the 2.5 benzo cream and moisturizer . I use it morning and night . rub for 30 seconds at least . I use makeup remover wipes then use this. my acne cleared in 2 weeks ! and now I have a clear flawless face again . I am in love ! I stopped using it out of lazyness and I saw the acne back with a vengeance after 2 weeks of lazyiness. def worth it . it might not be flashy packaging but it works !