October 31, 2014 | 1389 users online

Mascara - Avon - Uplifting Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by marian74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a free full size of this new Avon mascara, as I am a rep. I always have a hard time finding mascaras that I like, but this one will stay in my stash for as long as it is available.

The wand: Easy to bend, if you bend it against the top of the mascara, and easy to bend back. Works great when you're trying to apply mascara on the other eye (as was already mentioned) The brush takes a bit to get used to, I admit that I stabbed myself in the eye a couple times. :P

The mascara: I didn't realize that there were fibers, and I've never used a fiber mascara. The formula IS a bit watery, but it doesn't take that long to dry, and the results are worth it! You will get long lashes and the mascara lasts a long time.

The only downfall that I've noticed with this mascara is you don't want to get teary eyed, or get your eyes remotely wet, because the mascara WILL run!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by hatehaze

The brush is difficult to bend, but it doesn't clump or smudge and for the price its a good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, this mascara is certainly nothing special. The brush is the same plastic bristled thing as the Max Factor and Cover Girl brands' brushes. I'm not sure the point of the bendable brush - it just doesn't seem to have any function for me. And the formula itself is too watery. It takes a long time to dry...I suppose if you can apply this and not blink for three minutes, it might be okay. If I blink while putting this on, which I usually do, then all my lashes clump together. And I wear contacts, so the fibers really freaked me out, and I do have problems with comfort when I wear this. I don't think I'm even going to use this up...I'm just chucking it and trying something else!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by coachkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Still looking for my HG mascara but this has come pretty close. I love that this mascara lengthens and provides a lot of volume. It made my lashes almost look fake! The fibers kind of freaked me out at first because I thought that they would flake througout the day but no problems at all. A great mascara all around!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Poopoo in a tube. Sorry for the description, but that is what I really think about this horrible mascara. Thankfully, I got it at the introductory price, so you I don't feel super bad.

I like volume, and lift. I like the lashes to attract attention so that people can look into my eyes and see my soul. This mascara did nothing.

Pros: the brush is nice. It is the new variety of brush that is made of plastic (like the CG and MF brushes), which I like because it is supposed to separate the lashes and define. The innovation with this mascara is that it can bend with facility. I must say that is convenient when you are applying mascara to "the other eye" (the eye on the non-dominant side). When you don't want the brush bent, you can bend it back, no problem.

Cons: what good are the pros, when there are so many cons, right? Well the formula is crappy: watery, takes forever to dry, even though the brush is nice, the formula makes my lashes clump together, and instead of having a lid full of beautiful lashes, it looks like I have four lashes. First time I applied this stupid crap, I said "what is this, I have spider lashes?!" I haven't tossed it yet, but I will.

I may wash the brush and use it with another formula, but this as a complete mascara is no worth the money or time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by KC6111

I love this mascara. At first it was a little weird because it has little fibers in the formula (looked like tiny eyelashes in the tube), but the fibers get brushed on and bond with my lashes when I apply the mascara and it looks almost like I've put on false eyelashes. I like the formula too because it doesn't clump on me at all, and it stays put all day (unless it gets wet, but they never claimed it was waterproof and I still haven't really run into any trouble from it). I love this one and only hope it doesn't get discontinued like so many AVON products do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

Well, I did receive a full size sample since I'm an Avon rep and I was so happy to because I did want to try this, but then I didn't buy it because I was afraid it was going to be another disappointing mascara since the daring definition one was super disappointing...well good thing I didn't buy it. This is the very first bendable wand mascara. Although I sorta do like the idea because the bendable wand allows me to lift the lashes better and apply better on the hard to get areas, it's so sad that the formula seems just the same as daring definition's! That formula means that it was:

-not very lengthening
-took forever to dry
-doesn't hold a curl very well

it just didn't do much of anything for my lashes and I was so upset because the bendable wand idea is great. Oh another con is that the bristles were really sharp that I felt some scratchiness on my upper lashline (and i def do know how to apply mascara).

Don't waste your money...this is just another dud. Hopefully Avon will change the formula because it really doesn't volumize or lengthen, therefore no uplifting action here!