July 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit 4/25/09: I used this today while working in the yard for several hours and it worked really well as a sunscreen. I don't think I got any color at all.
I received a mini size of this in a swap after reading the glowing reviews here. I'm so glad I tried it! I really like it. I use the Cool Pink and it leaves a really great finish over my other mineral foundation. I use EM Orig. Glo foundation w/ some multitasking concealer (another great product). Some days I use Clinique Almost powder under or instead of EM if my acne scars & sun spots are looking a little too dark that day. A quick dusting of Cool pink and my skin is flawless and very "fresh" looking. I can't say it adds color, but seems to brighten up my face. I really like this. And the spf is an added bonus. I'm hoping it will help when I go for my walk at lunchtime at work. I hate slathering sunscreen on over my makeup at lunchtime, I feel gross the rest of the day!
Try this, you'll be happy you did. It also is good w/out anything else, just a really quick skin brightener - it doesn't cover any flaws, but looks better than "nothing" when you're in a hurry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Formula change....no good.

ETA: Company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample size of this and i can't say that i'm impressed. it did look amazing when first applied, although a bit heavy...it added a bit more coverage, which i didn't need because i'd already applied enough foundation. a couple of hours later, my face looked muddy and dirty and shiny. once i blotted it wasn't tooo bad but i did have to blot more times than usual. i'll give it another go, but i'm not expecting to love it - i'll just use less foundation underneath next time. will update after the second trial.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

I totally stocked up on this when there was talk of discontinuing them. I used to wear the Golden Tan as a finishing powder which gave me a great glow. Went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago & forgot to pack a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. But NR totally saved the day and I didn't burn or anything after hours of walking around the strip.

In the EDM forums, they were talking about mixing their foundation & NR together (50/50). I've been trying it out and it looks really great (the mix may look dark, but it doesn't really change the color of the foundation on my face) and it saves me an extra step!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As great as this product is, it just is not right for my skin, unfortunately. My combo, oil slick prone skin needs something a bit different. When I wear this in Cool Pink, my make up is sliding off my face by the end of a 6 hour period. It ain't the product! It just does not work for my skin, I'm afraid. I'll stick to my STF in fair. Definitely, this product is worth a try though! Especially if you have dryer skin that needs some extra sun protection. This is your baby!

xoxoxoxo
luv,
jessie

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't and won't buy EDM any more. While some of the products are great (and some aren't) their customer service is horrid and they treat good customers like crap.

OLD:Well there was a heck of a stink on the EDM forums when there was talk of discontinuing these NR powders and for good reason! I love them. I use both the Fair and Cool Pink (I am a Neutral) and am totally enamored of the porcelain finish the CP gives me. The Fair works better for daytime wear and I think since I won't be getting much if any tanning on my face this summer (thanks to the SPF of these), I may get the Bronzer shade and try mixing a little with the Fair to give me a bit more color.

Another reason to love EDM! Being able to mix any product to make it exactly what you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dreamqueen

This is the best product i like in my everyday minerals loot (together with the flat top brush). I thought i was going to like the start to finish rice powder in sunlight because i really wanted a primer and finishing powder in one but the rice powder looked cakey , felt dry and looked to powdery. The natural reflections powder in sunlight surprisingly holds up oil pretty well (combined with revlon colorstay). I use to blot every hour but when i use this i blot 3 hours and it could be longer if only i wasn't that obsessed in keeping shine away. And shockingly my skin looks glowy and healthy. I just use a pinch of this product and i think its going to last me a whole year or more. I have so many more powders to buy on my list (Jurlique rose/lavender, Lumiere silk powder, MAC blot, Napoleon Perdis camera finish) but the amazing results of this product keeps me from spending. Better than MUFE HD for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Summer Bronze. I have been looking for a good bronzer that I didn't really have to sit and worry about working with it forever. I have the Flying Coach blush which is a favorite of mine, but I wanted something easier for when I wake up @ 4am some mornings to go to work. I was hoping this product would give GOOD color pay off and have the feel of a finishing powder and it does. I LOVE this stuff. It doesn't make me look dirty or orange. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Bettiboop

I have been using this product for 9 months now and I am extremely impressed with it's sun protection qualities. I just came back from Florida and used it as my primary sunblock and I didn't burn AT ALL. I'll never use a cream sunscreen again! I think I might purchase an EDM puff jar so that I can reapply after swimming easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Golden Tan, but the color doesn't really show up on me (which is fine!) I love to use this for setting my concealer with an eye shadow brush, or for setting the foundation when I occasionally use it. I got the full size for $12, for a whopping 6.5 ounces (Everyday Minerals also gives out samples and good-sized jars for low cost, just pay for shipping and receive the package within a few days). The jar packaging doesn't seal completely (the cap would get loose in my bag), but for how much product I receive and how it takes me forever to finish, I don't feel too bad. I love how this product, with so few ingredients, does not irritate my sensitive skin, though it's useless when my skin is flaking and dry (of course). I like this brand much better than Bare Escentuals, and the price is absolutely fantastic!