October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Formula change....no good.

ETA: Company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample size of this and i can't say that i'm impressed. it did look amazing when first applied, although a bit heavy...it added a bit more coverage, which i didn't need because i'd already applied enough foundation. a couple of hours later, my face looked muddy and dirty and shiny. once i blotted it wasn't tooo bad but i did have to blot more times than usual. i'll give it another go, but i'm not expecting to love it - i'll just use less foundation underneath next time. will update after the second trial.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

I totally stocked up on this when there was talk of discontinuing them. I used to wear the Golden Tan as a finishing powder which gave me a great glow. Went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago & forgot to pack a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. But NR totally saved the day and I didn't burn or anything after hours of walking around the strip.

In the EDM forums, they were talking about mixing their foundation & NR together (50/50). I've been trying it out and it looks really great (the mix may look dark, but it doesn't really change the color of the foundation on my face) and it saves me an extra step!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As great as this product is, it just is not right for my skin, unfortunately. My combo, oil slick prone skin needs something a bit different. When I wear this in Cool Pink, my make up is sliding off my face by the end of a 6 hour period. It ain't the product! It just does not work for my skin, I'm afraid. I'll stick to my STF in fair. Definitely, this product is worth a try though! Especially if you have dryer skin that needs some extra sun protection. This is your baby!

xoxoxoxo
luv,
jessie

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't and won't buy EDM any more. While some of the products are great (and some aren't) their customer service is horrid and they treat good customers like crap.

OLD:Well there was a heck of a stink on the EDM forums when there was talk of discontinuing these NR powders and for good reason! I love them. I use both the Fair and Cool Pink (I am a Neutral) and am totally enamored of the porcelain finish the CP gives me. The Fair works better for daytime wear and I think since I won't be getting much if any tanning on my face this summer (thanks to the SPF of these), I may get the Bronzer shade and try mixing a little with the Fair to give me a bit more color.

Another reason to love EDM! Being able to mix any product to make it exactly what you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dreamqueen

This is the best product i like in my everyday minerals loot (together with the flat top brush). I thought i was going to like the start to finish rice powder in sunlight because i really wanted a primer and finishing powder in one but the rice powder looked cakey , felt dry and looked to powdery. The natural reflections powder in sunlight surprisingly holds up oil pretty well (combined with revlon colorstay). I use to blot every hour but when i use this i blot 3 hours and it could be longer if only i wasn't that obsessed in keeping shine away. And shockingly my skin looks glowy and healthy. I just use a pinch of this product and i think its going to last me a whole year or more. I have so many more powders to buy on my list (Jurlique rose/lavender, Lumiere silk powder, MAC blot, Napoleon Perdis camera finish) but the amazing results of this product keeps me from spending. Better than MUFE HD for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Summer Bronze. I have been looking for a good bronzer that I didn't really have to sit and worry about working with it forever. I have the Flying Coach blush which is a favorite of mine, but I wanted something easier for when I wake up @ 4am some mornings to go to work. I was hoping this product would give GOOD color pay off and have the feel of a finishing powder and it does. I LOVE this stuff. It doesn't make me look dirty or orange. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Bettiboop

I have been using this product for 9 months now and I am extremely impressed with it's sun protection qualities. I just came back from Florida and used it as my primary sunblock and I didn't burn AT ALL. I'll never use a cream sunscreen again! I think I might purchase an EDM puff jar so that I can reapply after swimming easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Golden Tan, but the color doesn't really show up on me (which is fine!) I love to use this for setting my concealer with an eye shadow brush, or for setting the foundation when I occasionally use it. I got the full size for $12, for a whopping 6.5 ounces (Everyday Minerals also gives out samples and good-sized jars for low cost, just pay for shipping and receive the package within a few days). The jar packaging doesn't seal completely (the cap would get loose in my bag), but for how much product I receive and how it takes me forever to finish, I don't feel too bad. I love how this product, with so few ingredients, does not irritate my sensitive skin, though it's useless when my skin is flaking and dry (of course). I like this brand much better than Bare Escentuals, and the price is absolutely fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is horrendous on this product and it is a hassle to get some of the product onto the lid so I can dip my brush in it. Saying that, the product itself is excellent, it provides an all day lasting effect on my skin. I feel that my skin has a dewy glowing look to it and apparently this powder does provide some sort of SPF, though I also use an SPF cream anyway. Overall, extremely happy with this product, and it will help me to avoid all the chemicals in my Clinique powder that I used to wear :) By the way, please be careful not to breathe in the product if it happens to swirl everywhere on your face. Just hold your breath for those few seconds, I can't imagine it can be good for us to breathe this stuff in.