OPI Suzi Says Da!

4.6

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I passed this up so many times because, in the bottle, it looks so blah and like nothing special at all. By now, I've learned to heed the advice of MUA so I went by the rave reviews here and picked up a bottle. This is just uber-beautiful. Perfect, luscious vampy creme. The brown isn't really obvious at all, just gives it some warmth and makes it not black. If you are a vamp lover or a creme lover, you must, must add Suzi Says Da! to your collection. It is a must-have. It has a dumba$$ name, though. Whatever ;)

on 12/24/2008 12:56:00 AM

Such a pretty dark brown, doesn't look muddy and applies very well. A must have alternate to black!

on 10/25/2008 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This is a rich, deep, gorgeous chocolate/coffee creme, a lovely dark brown with red tones. Perfect application and wear. I never would have gotten this if I hadn't heard all the raves - and I'm so glad I finally did get it. It's lovely! Not boring at all, and not on the verge to a black shade (which I personally am quite tired of).

No shimmer, just cream. Two coats pictured:

continued >>

on 10/25/2008 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

** Click for pic **
Suzi Says Da is such a beautiful, stunning shade of rich, dark fudge chocolate with a slight hint of red to prevent it from looking muddy. The application was smooth and easy, just the barest hint of streaks, but so easy to even out. I wear two coats for the best opacity and colour. This is my go-to when I need a classic, dark shade that will look great on any occasion; so classy and sophisticated. Fabulous OPI quality; no chipping for days! I use their Start to Finish under and above this and it provides lovely shine and wear. This is the perfect alternative to black or deep eggplant (which looks just about black in most lighting), whereas you can tell that this is a rich chocolate in just about any lighting. I just can't stop staring at my nails when I have this on; so beautifully rich and stunning. It pops in sunlight; it looks all rich and glossy, the colour reminding me of rich roasted coffee beans. I used to be a shimmery polish type of person, but now I adore cremes because of this and Malaga Wine, the most gorgeous creme colours. This is a no-fuss, rich roasted coffee bean creme with loads of shine for beautiful nails.
Direct sunlight

continued >>

on 10/22/2008 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great chocolate color with a hint of brick red that keeps it from being "doo doo" brown. My go to dark color for fall versus straight black because this seems to go better with my warm toned light skin.

on 10/21/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice color. To me it's a dark chocolate color with reddish tinge. Kind of the color of dried blood...hope that isn't too gross of a comparison! Anyhoo...it's got a slight shimmer to it and is very pretty. It's dark, but not too dark. I can wear it to the office and still look professional. It looks nice on long or short nails and is great for a mani or pedi. I have medium olive skin for reference...but I think it would look great on many skintones.

on 10/17/2008 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This took a little more work than I thought it should, but that could be do to user error rather than the polish itself. :) When I did finally get a nice opaque color on my nails, it's a dark brown with slightly purple hues. Others have said red, which may be truer, as many red tones tend to turn purple or pink on me. It's a nice alternative to black and a good addition to my fall/winter rotation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this polish. I got it in Aug. 07 when it came out for the fall 07 collection. I'd worn it initially as a manicure color and today I'm wearing it as a pedicure color.

It is deceiving in the bottle. It looks like a dark chocolate brown creme and truly matte in the bottle. I did have to make it a 3 thin coat application to get a non-streaky result. Instead of it looking brown like it did in the bottle, it comes out to be a vampy dark fudgy brown with a touch of red. It's reasonably shiny without topcoat, but a topcoat makes it shine.

I would recommend this color for those who want a dark nail color without getting a black polish. It's somewhat softer and still looks "pulled together". While it's a nice color, I wouldn't repurchase. I have other colors in my collection that look similar.

on 8/23/2008 5:11:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet...nice dark chocolate brown with a slight red tint to it...it is a matte and application goes on smoothly...very nice fall/winter color...I would buy again...beautiful shade, very classy, slightly vampy but not "gothy". Would recommend.

on 8/20/2008 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't know why I bought this....I don't like brown. I agree with the other reviewers: this is a gorgeous, deep and rich chocolate brown. The first coat went on sheer and streaky. The second coat covered most of the streaks, but it was the third that gave it its rich chocolate colour. It has lots of shine and is a good alternative to black or eggplant shades. Having said all that I don't like the way it looks on my nails.

Popular Polishes