July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Mascara - Ready To Wear - Lash Extensions

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:29:00 AM More reviews by pasdetrois

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very thin, spare, short lashes. This product gave me moderate improvement, but what a mess during the application! Having read the warnings about fibers landing everywhere, I was very careful in application. But still the dark fibers landed on my eyelids, so I had to do my eye shadow again. I am going to experiment with doing mascara first, then shadow, then liner. But I'm not sure I'd buy this again (including paying expensive S&H).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

Made this product a part of my daily routine. Truly a foolproof way to extend my lashes without the glue. Takes a bit of time to get used to applying but once you get the hang of it, you cant go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by msclaudia

First of all, this stuff gets EVERYWHERE from the moment you pull the applicator out of the bottle, on your hands, on your eyes, cheeks, makeup table, everywhere! The container for it was a horrible choice because when you pull out the applicator all the product goes flying all over the place. If you get this in your eye, it will hurt like a bitch and will also be hard to get out cause the fibers are so tiny and numerous.

After trying and failing the first few times, I now really like this stuff. It does what it claims, lengthens like crazy and thickens but you have to use a mascara that doesn't dry out fast or else it doesn't work as well. I tried using kiss me tube mascara but it didn't work well with that, it also didn't work with almay nourishing waterproof mascara. I got success with Maybelline XXL Volume (it's the double ended one with primer) and I'm gonna buy Great Lash to try it with as well.

DO NOT use a heated curler after you put this stuff on because it will melt away your mascara and whisk off all of the fibers with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Well, I purchased this product based solely on the good reviews here at MUA and it did not disappoint! I've only used it once, but it did exactly what it was supposed to...make my eyelashes look way long and lush! It was easy to apply (use your mascara first, then brush on the Ready To Wear Extensions, then apply your mascara again) and took about 2 minutes from start to finish. One thing to note; as other posters have advised, there will be fallout fibers on your face (mostly under your eye area). They are teensy and hard to notice, but sweep a Q-tip over the area anyway to get them off or they could get into your eyes. Good stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by deebee959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so I read on the boards about this Ready to Wear Lash Extensions. Since I entered my late forties, my lashes have gotten very sparse and stubby. Let's not even talk about the dollars I have spent and the wands of half used mascara I have piled up, all in hopes that I'll find something that will give me lashes. And I've done the fake eyelash thing (individual and strip) as well. So the reviews are mixed---people either love it or hate it. But I figure, what the hey...so I order it and it arrived three days ago. Well, I don't regret the $20+ I spent on it. The instructions could be better. Like, I ran to Wal-Mart and bought some cheap waterproof mascara that stays moist a little longer so I can apply the RTW LE per instructions. And, as people complained and the instructions warn, I end up with a dusting of tiny black fibers under my eyes. But a long time ago a make-up artist told me the last thing I should put on is my foundation, to correct mistakes. So with the RTW LE, I finish up with a sealing coat of mascara, then I give a quick swipe with a clean powder brush and then apply my foundation. It's not that big of a deal. RTW LE lasts pretty much all day, and trust me, with my dry skin, I am moisturized to the max, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wore off. No, it doesn't give me the outrageously long lashes I got with the fakies---this kind of looks natural. I notice if I do two coats, my lashes get way thicker and maybe a smidge longer, but I'm not really going for the Betty Boop look. (Google that, you teenagers!) So yeah, I highly recommend this for those who really want to visibly enhance their lashes, but pay attention to what everyone has posted:
1) DO apply a coating of mascara first
2) DO apply RTW LE immediately after the mascara
3) DO seal RTW LE with another coating of mascara
4) If you want to make your lashes even bigger and longer, just keep applying LE and mascara, but try not to go overboard

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dry fibers in bottle with brush applicator. You use between two coats of mascara. This works to thicken and lengthen if you have short sparse lashes and don't want to wear falsies. In order to keep the fibers from drifting onto my cheeks, I apply the product while looking down into a mirror on my counter. Any stray fibers fall onto the mirror. I wear contact lenses and the fibers did not irritate my eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by honeylocs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I came across reviews here. I ordered 2 just in case I liked it. I love it!! My lashes are short, and since I've gotten older, more sparse. This thickens them up and lengthens them. I use my good ol' Great Lash mascara before I apply, apply the Lash Extensions, then add another coat of mascara. I take my time, have not been bothered with the fibers falling onto my face. I use a makeup mirror, put a tissue on my table to catch any that may fall (planned to put them back into the tube). However, since I put it on so slowly, I didn't have enough fallout to put back in the tube. Since I received my 2, I have ordered 2 more, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I would have read the reviews more carefully before applying this for the first time. Definitely put a coat of mascara on first to give the fibers something to stick to, otherwise they will fall in your eyes and all over your face. So, mascara followed by the fibers followed by another coat of mascara. Even with this technique I still got some fibers under my eyes, but they were easily brushed away with a makeup brush.
It does take time and patience to get it right, but the result? Outrageously long lucious "are those fake?" lashes. I've tried many primers, and this was by far the best results I've ever gotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by muddlepup

this is really an awesome product......and so simple! It adds an extra step to your mascara, but if you use primer then no problem. I wear contacts but found by applying this looking down onto a mirror, the fibers fall down instead of into your eye or onto your cheek. I purchased this at HSN, don't know of availability elsewhere. If you're into your mascara, this is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a self proclaimed mascara junkie. I admit it. I buy every new one that comes out, hoping for the thick, long lush lashes they proclaim. So, after reading the reviews for this on here and HSN, there was no way I didn't snatch this up. I placed my order and not so patiently awited it's arrival. When it arrived, I stared at it's aweing mascara goodness as it I had just been given the secret of life. So I tried it. On one eye I used The Colassal and on the other eye I used my cheapie CG Super Thick. WOWZA, KA-ZAAM, OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I had lashes! And not puny, if you don't stare, you'll miss em lashes. I mean thick, long, in your face, THIS GIRL HAS LASHES!! lashes. It does take a bit of time to get used to it. It's not a throw it on kind of product. But if you have the time, and you want lush, long, thick man catcher lashes, this is worth the time!
*Update* I did a bit of expirementingand found out that a thickening mascara doesn't do as well with this as a normal ole' run of the mill one does. I think a volumizing mascara is too thick for this, which in turn makes your end result clumpy. But I tried it with Maybelline Great lash and got phenomenal results! It's just thin enought to seperate your lashes, and then when you add the lash extensions, you get volume and length, not clumps! ;)