July 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks... Seriously...go out and get yourself a tube of this baby. It's my go to hot pink...perfect with neutral eyes and winged out black eyeliner. Beet or Magenta lip pencils work beautifully with this. I love the slight purple/blueish sheen this has to it.... stunning, and great lasting power too... if you pair this with Funtabulous Dazzleglass...it's just bananas! Not for the timid ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

MAC Show Orchid is currently one of my beauty staples! This is a show-stopper of a lipstick shade that earns me compliments every time I wear it. It's a great match for a smokey and/or cat eye look. I also wouldn't be afraid to pair it with a purple shadow on the lid and a glossy, voluminous mascara, as Show Orchid has a tiny bit of a neon purple to it in some lights.

For a while, my favorite MAC lipstick was Girl About Town, and when I looked at photos of Show Orchid, I thought I couldn't justify owning both colors. They can look very similar, but in person, the differences become more obvious than the similarities. Girl About Town has a bit of a berry-ish tinge to it. It's a gorgeous magenta that is perfectly paired with MAC's Pink Poodle LipGlass. Show Orchid, on the other hand, is in the Barbie family of colors; it's fuschia, or a neon bubblegum pink. When paired with MAC's Extra Amps DazzleGlass, all of the pink comes out even more amplified. When I layer Funtabulous DG over it instead, the effect is an electric purple-pink that makes every girl in the vicinity ask me what's on my lips.

I know some MAC lipsticks can be drying, however this one is fine. It's not moisturizing, but it doesn't feather or make my lips feel too tight either. I almost always pair this shade with a gloss, and I never have any problems. The color really sticks to your lips.

Show Orchid would easily flatter a variety of women with different skin, hair, and eye colors! However, if you're a fair-skinned brunette who looks good in jewel tones and blue-based shades, this color is a must-have in your cosmetics arsenal! The shade is permanent at MAC Pro stores, but MAC is doing a repromote of it very soon. Snatch it up now and try it for the fall season!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This is such a hot lipstick. The fact that it's pro makes it less easy to find and a bit VIP-ish. :P IMO, this is wonderful if you want to do a cat-eye look. It is very pigmented so a little goes a long way, unless I'm going crazy and want to make the world see my lips. I will probably never use it up seeing I'm more into the natural kind of look, but in a pinch, this makes a great lipstain and cream blusher.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by VintageDisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first visited the MAC Pro Store in Montreal, I absolutely fell in love with Show Orchid. I was automatically attracted to it, as it reminded me of my dearest ''Girl About Town''.

The colour is gorgeous, texture feels great... One of my staples!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my absolute favorite lippies. Actually, this color has quickly become my trademark look as i've been wearing it every single weekend out. It is a shocking blue based fuschia and yet is very wearable. My only qualm with this is that it doesn't seem to last as long as other MAC lippies and I constantly have to reapply but it doesn't change my love for the color. It is a unique shade and I haven't been able to find a close dupe anywhere. It makes my lips truly stand out and look very sexy. I like to pair it with a nice cool toned pink blush and very netural eye makeup and big lashes for a Barbie look on a night out on the town. Love it!

p.s. This is a pro item only.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by feen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is. Wow gorgeous color 2 bad its L.E I pair it with soft brown cuz I'm golden tan...and ricepaper to highlight with liquid eyeliner to do a cat eye

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

An exact dupe for this lipstick is Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Wild Orchid. I actually like Revlon's formulation better, very moisturizing yet long lasting, much longer lasting than MAC lipsticks. When I compared these two together, they are identical and Wild Orchid is a lot less expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a color. My boyfriend always tell me that l should wear more bright or darker colors because I have such fair skin. For a reference, in MAC I'm an nc 20. This is a fantastic shade for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jackdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't been more into MAC lipsticks before now, having being a Guerlain girl for the longest time. I'm so glad a friend persuaded me to try MAC and I now have several! Show Orchid is a Pro Colour and i was convinced to buy from the reviews on MUA. So glad I did, perfect shocking pink colour, wore out today and received several compliments. Don't hesitate buy this now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful blue hot pink. This is an out there color, I would just let this be the show piece on my face, and not wear anything else except for eyeliner and some cute soft lashes.