Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

Talc , Mica , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Dimethicone , Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides , PTFE , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Propylparaben , Lecithin , Methicone , Methylparaben , Iron Oxides - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide

on 5/30/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this is a pressed powder, which means you're supposed to use it over a foundation, I use it as a foundation. It worked okay but tends to be a bit cakey. There's obviously no coverage with this but the lightest color matches my skin tone (pale olive skin) nicely.

on 5/12/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I just love this stuff. I usually don't buy Cover Girl products but I picked this up because I wanted a powder compact to keep in my purse for touch ups. I use this after my foundation and my face looks amazing. It doesn't settle into my pores or lines it just makes me look flawless. I am really impressed with this and I've already picked up a back up.

on 4/30/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great find for me. I have this in #105 Ivory, and it's almost a perfect match for my skin. Like another reviewer, I use this over the Simply Ageless foundation and these two products work wonderfully together. I buff this on lightly with a soft brush and it gives me a very nice glow. It doesn't keep me completely matte but as oily as my skin is I don't expect it to. Overall I'm very pleased with this powder and I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have found my HG powder! For years I used Revlon Colorstay but found it starting to flake on my skin- not pretty.
I was looking to buy Trublend but they didn't have my shade so I went with Advanced Radiance and am so glad I did. Like other reviewers have said it does run light. I am nw20 and I bought Creamy Natural. It's fine for winter but with summer coming I will have to repurchase in Natural Beige.
This stuff is great. My skin is combo with flaky patches on cheeks and oily t-zone and this doesn't dry my skin out nor does it make it oily. My face stays matte for a whole evening out. There is no shimmer in this powder but it does seem to give a natural glow and hide fine lines.
Great stuff and will repurchase!!

UPDATE:
I had wanted to get this in Natural Beige for the summer. According to CG website this shade should be available in Canada but I can't find it anywhere. I've only seen three shades here.
I am still loving this and will continue to use just wish more colours were available.

on 4/14/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what it is with powders, but this didn't work for me - the color was all off, and I bought it based on covergirl.com's color match results (I am very fair skinned w/ freckles). Does not provide very much coverage if worn alone. This product works for some but personally I would not repurchase.

on 4/3/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just ok for me and I would not buy again. I apply this with a soft kabuki, over foundation. The product itself is extremely soft and silky - that is one thing I love about it. It also doesn't have a lot of fallout in the compact and is not messy at all. The finish is matte - kind of flat, but not really chalky. I noticed it kept my t-zone matte a lot longer than other powders Ive used which was nice, but my face looked powdery after application. Another major downfall is that the color selection is HORRIBLE. Three colours only! There is one that is very light, one that is a little darker (peach toned) but still too light for my NC 25/30 skin and another that looked orange..and is too dark for me. I am using 110 creamy natural and it is ok, but just ok. I would probably have rated it a little higher but it costs $15.50 CAD where I live so in my opinion, I would spend a few more bucks and get something much higher quality.

on 3/1/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few powders that I can wear without making my skin look older. I just turned 36, and I am definitely noticing that when I wear mineral makeup, my fine lines are "highlighted" to say the least...for those of you who have had this problem, you know where I am coming from, and it is not the look we're going after! Anyway, this powder is light, has a soft finish, and doesn't enhance the aging process...it is also oil free, so I don't have to worry about breakouts!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well...color me impressed. I grabbed this product on an impulse when I was in the grocery store. I'm finding lately that my beloved mineral makeup is making my maturing skin look dry and emphasizing wrinkles, so I've been experimenting with different liquid foundations.

The problem is, I definitely need powder to set it, as I have extremely oily skin. But powder, like the mineral makeup, is also becoming a problem. Powder that it is too heavy, too matte or too chalky causes all the same issues with my maturing skin that that I'm trying to avoid with mineral makeup.

But this is powder that doesn't behave like conventional powder. The finish is sort of...satiny. And the texture is almost...creamy. Make no mistake...it's definitely powder, but a super smooth one that doesn't look chalky or flat at all. There's no sparkle or shimmer, but it still seems to provide a radiance that is very flattering to my aging skin.

The coverage is pretty versatile, I think. Someone with very good skin could probably use this as a light foundation. But it's perfect with a light dusting over liquid foundation as well.

Also, it's so pretty and flattering, that I can even use it to set my concealer. It seems to help with the coverage, but also blurs those fine lines. If I'm careful with how much I use, it doesn't cake or settle into them at all.

I think this a great little find. It definitely performs like a high end product, but the price is incredibly reasonable. I hope they don't discontinue the advanced radiance line! Maybe I should purchase a few backups in case. It's that good.

on 2/2/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used Cover Girl's fragrance-free pressed powder in the green tortoise-style shell for years and was peeved when they discontinued it. I tried the newer powders that were meant to replace it (the dark green one and the blue one) and hated both. I left CG for a while, but just had to go back because every other powder on the planet seems to break me out. Off all the ones they offer now, this is my favorite. I've even bought a couple back-ups, just in case. The coverage is great for a pressed powder, but not cakey-looking at all. I find that this provides adequate coverage to replace my everyday foundation with just a bit of concealer underneath. It's not drying, yet it controls oil well. The best part is the color. CG has the best shades for PPP skin tones. I found the lightest shade just perfect for my NC10-15 skin. Will repurchase until/unless they discontinue!

on 12/30/2010 10:38:00 PM

I used this in transluscent fair (i think that was the shade's name). At first I hated this product because it was chalky and jaundiced looking, but it grew on me. It worked best when using with a kibuki brush. It was rather chunky but applied ok on the skin. The packaging was a little odd and I think the mirror should have been bigger. All in all, it worked pretty well. Will not buy again because of animal testing.