October 21, 2014 | 937 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

I adore this eyebrow kit. I constantly have struggles with finding a nice eyebrow product that isn't too warm. Many products I try are too warm n m brows. I was debating between this shade and the dark brown/Brown and chose the taupe/ash because it looked cooler. I have dark brown hair and the two colors are perfect. I use the lighter color on the inside part of my brown and the darker one through the arch. it looks great! I actually do use the tools it comes with. The brush is a bit rough, but works fine to apply the powder. the spoolie is nice and good to blend the brows. I have only used the wax once and it works quite well. I only use it when I have stray hairs. I love this kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the Taupe/Ash shade. My hair is a medium golden-brown, but my eyebrows are a bit darker and quite ashy-toned.

I have only recently started applying anything other than clear gel to my brows. My brows are a decent shape, but years of overplucking in my teens have led to some sparse areas that have not filled in on their own even after growing them out for a long time. My previous brow product forays have included a brow pencil from WnW and a powder set similar to this one but by ELF. I was not satisfied with either product.

This one, however, I like. I'm not entirely sure which shade is "Taupe" and which shade is "Ash." I only use one color, and if you were holding the product so that the little circle of wax was at your left hand, the color I use would be all the way to the right. (I'm assuming this one is "Ash," as the other color seems warmer/more yellow.) The ashier shade is a good match for my brows, both depth- and tone-wise.

I've used the included wax once, and it worked okay, but I already have a clear brow gel I use and like (Bonnie Bell's clear mascara), so I normally skip the wax. My routine is: 1. Apply BB clear mascara to bare brows, using wand to shape the brows as much as possible. Allow to dry. 2. Use the "Ash" (?) shade from the Nyx set to fill in. I don't fill in heavily all over; I just put it in the areas where I really need the extra color to define my brow shape. I do use the small angled brush that came with it to apply. 3. After I'm done, I go back with the little spoolie they included to blend the color out through my brows, so there are no stark patches of powder. The result is natural-looking definition that lasts all day, but washes off easily when I wash my face at night.

I expect this to last quite a while since I don't use much, but I will most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This eyebrow kit is ah-mazing! I bought this in the Auburn shade because I have red hair and blonde eyebrows that do not match. I was kind of turned off by the name being 'cake' powder since that is probably the most feared word in makeup other than pimple- no one wants a cake face. Anyways, it comes with 2 nice shades- one lighter toned more neutrally auburn and a deeper, warmer auburn and I mix the two together to get my perfect shade. I first brush my eyebrows in to place with the spooly, then apply the paste with the little brush and then use my own brush to fill them in. Lastly, I'll brush through my brows again with the spooly to soften the colour and then voila! My eyebrows are set and look absolutely amazing for as long as I keep my makeup on for. I'm so happy that this kit is so amazing and well priced at $7- that is hard to find in Canada! Beats my last Chanel eyebrow kit which was $70 and the colours didn't apply well or last. Never going back :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by seev

Packaging: It's in a little plastic rectangle; it comes with 2 shades, a wax, and 2 mini brushes (spooly and angled brush). The brushes aren't the greatest but they're honestly not that bad and convenient.
Product: The colors and wax are long lasting, the color is still there by the end of the day. There are a lot of shades available. It makes my brows look full but natural, not harsh at all.
Likes:
- pigmented powders
- long lasting power
- cheap (I got mine for $5 at Target)
- looks natural
Dislikes:
- short brushes (hard to get a good grip sometimes)

Overall: This is a great drugstore eyebrow product, it's very cheap and makes my eyebrows look amazing. I seriously cannot find anything wrong with this product! Regarding the 2 little brushes that come with this kit, they're pretty decent but it can be hard to get a good grip on the tiny handles, so I'd recommend just using your own brushes to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

I love this stuff! I bought this in the shade dark brown/brown and the two colors together match my color perfectly. Ive gotten so many compliments on my eyebrows and what i use for them. It lasts all day and I use the clear gel it comes with to keep my eyebrows in place all day

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by PrincessJude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product because it's so cheap and convenient, BUT this stuff made me break out on my eye brows! My skin is pretty resilient, so if this can break me out then definitely be careful! I'm not too upset that I trashed it because it's so inexpensive, so give it a go! I hope it works for you better than it did for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I actually bought the blonde version of this, even though I have dark brown hair. It seemed more ashy than the brunette one. It came with 2 powders, a wax (which holds the brows in place but can look a little wet if you apply too much) and a brush & spoolie. The brush looked a bit flimsy but the spoolie was fine. I wanted this so I don't have to mix eyeshadows from different palettes to get the right colour.. having it all in one kit is really nice. So far I'm really liking this & it seems to match me well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by puffadori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a natural redhead with blonde highlights. Let me tell you, I have practically non-existent eyebrows, especially the tail part. They're sparse, too. This taupe shade is perfect for the brows that I do have, being a light ashy brown. The darker color shades the tail nicely without looking fake. Brushes are junk- use an angled eyebrow brush- my MAC one does the job. I don't really need the wax, but it does add a little staying power to the color and defines the color a bit more.
Had a few problems opening the tab on the package. They could improve that a bit. Would really be fantastic if they'd add a brow highlighter to the collection, too.
I'm impressed- 1st impression with NYX and I plan on investigating more.
If you want eyebrows, try this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by koralam

This is perfect for anyone with dark brown or black hair. You get the choice of two colours and a wax, which ive never used but hear works great. I picked this up for $8.99 a couple months ago and havent looked back. I use it everyday and it lasts from when i put it on at 8am until i get home at 6pm. I usually find that with some powders they fade throughout the day, but not with this! Its also a bonus it comes with a travel size brush and pair of tweezers. Nice work nyx!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I love this eyebrow kit! -comes with wax and 2 colors -looks extremely natural -cheap -a little goes a long way I would recommend getting a different brush since the brushes it comes with are very small.