July 25, 2014 | 1719 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

I love this stuff! I bought this in the shade dark brown/brown and the two colors together match my color perfectly. Ive gotten so many compliments on my eyebrows and what i use for them. It lasts all day and I use the clear gel it comes with to keep my eyebrows in place all day

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by PrincessJude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product because it's so cheap and convenient, BUT this stuff made me break out on my eye brows! My skin is pretty resilient, so if this can break me out then definitely be careful! I'm not too upset that I trashed it because it's so inexpensive, so give it a go! I hope it works for you better than it did for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I actually bought the blonde version of this, even though I have dark brown hair. It seemed more ashy than the brunette one. It came with 2 powders, a wax (which holds the brows in place but can look a little wet if you apply too much) and a brush & spoolie. The brush looked a bit flimsy but the spoolie was fine. I wanted this so I don't have to mix eyeshadows from different palettes to get the right colour.. having it all in one kit is really nice. So far I'm really liking this & it seems to match me well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by puffadori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a natural redhead with blonde highlights. Let me tell you, I have practically non-existent eyebrows, especially the tail part. They're sparse, too. This taupe shade is perfect for the brows that I do have, being a light ashy brown. The darker color shades the tail nicely without looking fake. Brushes are junk- use an angled eyebrow brush- my MAC one does the job. I don't really need the wax, but it does add a little staying power to the color and defines the color a bit more.
Had a few problems opening the tab on the package. They could improve that a bit. Would really be fantastic if they'd add a brow highlighter to the collection, too.
I'm impressed- 1st impression with NYX and I plan on investigating more.
If you want eyebrows, try this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by koralam

This is perfect for anyone with dark brown or black hair. You get the choice of two colours and a wax, which ive never used but hear works great. I picked this up for $8.99 a couple months ago and havent looked back. I use it everyday and it lasts from when i put it on at 8am until i get home at 6pm. I usually find that with some powders they fade throughout the day, but not with this! Its also a bonus it comes with a travel size brush and pair of tweezers. Nice work nyx!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I love this eyebrow kit! -comes with wax and 2 colors -looks extremely natural -cheap -a little goes a long way I would recommend getting a different brush since the brushes it comes with are very small.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I'll make this short and sweet, this is my HG eyebrow powder and I use it everyday and it looks very natural and matches my brows well

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Use it daily! Looks very natural I outline my brows with the darker color, fill them in with the lighter color and then use a mascara spoolie to blend it together! I am just not a fan of the brush that came with it. The tip is not fine e bought to create a perfect outline. Other than that it's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Bungayuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Look so natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for two reasons, the reviews are good and it's a bargain! I recently finished up my SmashBox cake brow powder, before that I used Laura Mercier. I'm tired of spending big bucks on brow color so I decided to research on a cheaper option. Thanks to the many great reviews I found the perfect one!

I have (dyed) dark brown hair with caramel highlights, sparse black eyebrows and my skin is medium with yellow undertones. About eight years ago, I switched from black brow pencil to dark taupe powder which works better for me. This NYX is easier to apply than the SmashBox cake. The SB cake is sort of pasty which I found somewhat difficult at times to apply evenly, I would get empty spots in my brow for some reason. I use my Sephora brow powder brush which I really like and it's lasted me about 4-5 years so far. The brush that comes in the set is pretty useless because it's so short to comfortably apply the product. I use the darker taupe color, or if I want a bit more softness I use both colors and blend them in, beautiful! The color lasts all day, including through my two hour workout sessions! Another thing I noticed is the SM brand rubbed off fairly easily, if I lightly scratched my brow the color would come off leaving me with a spot! Not with the NYX, I have to scratch harder in order for it to leave a bald spot. But yet it comes off so easily with face wash! No scrubbing at all!

I'm so happy the NYX brand works so well for me! No more spending $$$ on brow color!