April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre - mineral powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by shoeaholicanon

I started using Bella Pierre Mineral Foundation 3 years ago.
I was skeptical because I needed medium coverage as I breakout from time to time.
You can control the amount of coverage by layering so this is a bonus. It feels great on my skin considering I have combination oily. Traditional liquid foundations would easily start to cake and separate on my skin by end of day and not look so fresh anymore.
It's been 3 years now and I recently found a 'starter' kit at Winners for $30 (normally priced at $100) which includes two shades of foundation for mixing, bronzer and blush. How perfect! I find the quality of it to be superior - the finish is beautiful and I've found that the texture of my skin has improved since I've made the switch. I also haven't been breaking out as badly AND it's so much better for my skin!
It has SPF of 15 which is a bonus. And as small as these containers of foundation look, it really lasts such a long time. The smaller packages not as much but when I first bought the standard size off Bella Pierre's website (around $45) it lasted me almost a year. That was in conjunction with using regular foundation for days I needed more coverage. But now, I don't use anything else unless I want a solid coverage for photos or a special event.
I would continue to buy this foundation probably as long as they're selling it. It's really worth the money and your face will thank you for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Bexalicious

I can't believe I actually let those girls at the mall stop me! But I am happy that I did! I have been suffering a severe acne outbreak due to a medication I stopped taking (the side effects began to outweigh the actual benefits). The girls sat me down, removed my liquid foundation and began the lecture on how good Bella Pierre mineral foundation is. But what is my opinion? I LOVE it! It really does feel like you have nothing on your face, my skin can breathe and the natural ingredients do not inflame my acne. My acne is starting to fade away, but I found I still had to use a concealer to hide my red inflamed pimples, because, let’s face it, it is far too expensive to use too much Bella Pierre just to cover pimples, when you can use less if you apply a concealer to your imperfections first. I paid $300AU for a starter pack (Foundation, blush, bronzer, lip balm, and 5 brushes). I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for something light but flawless, and who is willing to splurge.

Ingredients:
Mica, Zinc Oxides, Iron Oxides and Titanium Dioxide

Does NOT contain Bismuth Oxychloride, talc, oil, preservatives, dye and fragrances (all known irritants of the skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by dogpurple123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used! I thought that mineral powder foundation wasn't for me because I bought some dud ones that made me look very dry and caky... but I'm so glad the Bella Pierre sales girl stopped me and asked whether I'd like to try this. It provides much better coverage than my liquid foundation which is really surprising. My dark eye circles easily fade away if I use a small brush to add more powder on. A little bit seems to go a long way and it looks like I have no make up on!

The colour I use, Cinnamon, seems like a very good match for my asian skin even in photographs. Any Asian will tell you how hard it is to find the right colour foundation!

After making some dud purchases on foundations, I'm happy I've found something that makes my skin look almost flawless (and I really don't have flawless skin - dull, freckles, acne, dark eye circles etc.).

Only thing is how expensive this is... I paid AUD $80... which the girl says lasts for a year, but I'm not sure. We'll see...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sofi786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the colour nutmeg, and I LOVE this MMU, its great. I have BE i bought after my BP, but it did not match its standards one bit! so sold my BE on ebay for dirt cheap

It gives the best coverage.

I was wearing the BE one day and playing with my baby nephew, and he was wearing a white baby grow, and it was all dirty, like a foundation colour and asked my sis why is he wearing dirty cloths, and she said she just changed him and that was odd.

I then realised, its BE foundation I am wearing!!!

But that does not happen with this MMU

Also with everyone having problems with the product going everywhere when you open it, when you first get your MMU rather than peeling off that white sticker seal, just make tiny hole with a pin, as many as you need. And if you have already pealed it off, then clean it up, take the tray out, and clean everything, and stick a sticker over the top, I did this to all my loose powders and just used wrapping stickers I got from WHSmiths.

It keeps everything clean

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my opinion this is one of the more better quality mineral powders out there esp in comparison to bare esentuals or even prescriptives mineral foundations. I was able to find a great color match, and like most mineral powders it feels light on your skin and gives you a very refined flawless finish. I didnt experience any problems with skin irritation but what did irritate me was the everchanging price!! when i first bought it they gave me a "deal" at 50$, the next time i went to buy it the said it was more expensive but agreed to give it to me at 60 always as long as i had my receipt showing i bought it at that price. The next time i came to purchase i brought my receipt showing i purchased it at 60 but they said unfortunately they have to sell it at 70$....well that was a bit much for me...also, i found the pot realy messy esp when trying to reapply throughout the day, which goes to show that it doesnt have the best longevity as touchups were necessary. Anyway, i moved on from this foundation (although it was nice) once i found prescriptives anywhere compact powder which trumped the mineral veil in coverage and lasting power and convenience while looking equaly nice

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by heeji16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I first tried this product as I was working at the counter. At the time I was brainwashed to know the product was great and later I did have to quit for my school. But I started using the powder again after freeing myself of the brainwashing and found that I really like it. I have tried many different powders before this one and found all to be chalky or not very "natural" looking. I have been using this powder for about eight months and am very happy with it. I am still on my first pot and still have about half of the pot left. I found that while working with the product it can be chalky or cakey if you apply it wrong. The SA's normally recommend their Anti-wrinkle or Facial moisturizer before applying the powder and it is because both of the moisturizers are very moisturizing (thick). This can be bad for the oily skin people, but in combination with the Mineral Powder the oil balances out. You don't need much powder for your face as long as your face is primed either with moisturizer or a primer. Any moisturizer would do but their line works best. I use this powder after a liquid foundation as a setting powder during the summer time to keep my natural, "dewy" look, and during the winter time I use it right after moisturizer or a primer for a more matte, winter look. I recommend this product to all skin types, but please watch tutorials or get a demonstration done before giving up on the product. It is quite expensive, but I feel it is worth it since you do get all of the skin benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by beenu

I bought this product around 3 months ago.
I'm currently using the Mineral foundation in Nutmeg shade. I've become absolutely obsessed with mineral makeup since then. I agree that it is kind of pricey. I bought mine for around $50 because of a student promotion price. But i must say, i wouldn't mind paying so much, because it gives awesome results. You look so natural and it requires minimal effort.
I use it daily to school, and its part of my makeup regime.
I will definitely look forward to trying other mineral makeup products from this line.
cheers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Yewly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased the Bella Pierre Foundation. While on the more expensive side, I’ve always paid good money for concealer/foundation so I was comfortable with the price range of the cosmetics. After expertly being “made-up” at a kiosk I was pleasantly surprised. They were no visible signs of wearing a foundation, not under my eyes nor around the mouth area. I was quickly convinced to buy the foundation and give it a shot .

Once I got home, I tried the process myself. It didn’t quite come out as it did at the mall and I was just about ready to let it go. A couple of google searches though provided me with the proper application techniques: let the primer sit for a minute of 2 before adding the powder. And the powder: when they say “buff gently but go around the face a few times” – it does really mean just that: small amounts, and buff the area a few times to get your desired type of coverage (I recommend you do a youtube search to see the techniques). While I’ve always been a huge fan of the Dior products, for the last 3 weeks the application of my foundation has become:

- faster,
- more coverage (I would say flawless comes to mind),
- no mask look,
- natural look

This past weekend I went for a 50K bike ride on a humid day, topped off with a rain shower and 1 hour beach volleyball game. I was beyond amazed to see my foundation looked as if it was applied only an hour ago. I can’t say enough good things about the foundation. While the packaging is very averge it's not a real factor for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was curious about this product since I always walk by it on my way out of Nordstrom straight to Sephora.

I finally decided to try it and I am ever so glad I did. I have been a BE user for years but I always disliked that “sheen” it gives and how thick the powder feels. To me BE is a thicker powder that can easily cake and look shiny if overdone-but not with this one it gives good coverage without being or feeling heavy.

When the SA applied this I was blown away at how even, bright, and smooth my skin looked. It gives from light to heavier coverage without looking cakey.

I had a mmu disaster while tapping this mmu into the cap-the sifter came loose and you can only imagine it from there. I used my Sephora brand Professional Bronzer Brush #44 (which is what I use to apply my m/u) and picked up as much of it as I could…yes, even with the brush packed full of m/u I used it and got beautiful coverage without looking cakey at all.

After my disaster I decided that I liked this mmu so much I went back and bought another one. My color is cinnamon mixed with ivory (which is a yellow toned color) really helps with the redness. For reference I’m a MAC NC30, Dior Nude mmu in Medium Beige 030, BE in golden medium.

Yes, the price can be high but the SA’s at the kiosk usually give good deals which if you’re looking for a great mmu that really works you won’t mind paying.

I really wish more companies would come out with those sifters that twist to open or close.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using BE mineral foundation after finding that liquid foundations contained too many ingredients that make me break out such as mineral oil, glycols, 'siloxanes, 'cones. BE seemed to make my skin itch, so I researched bismuth oxychloride and thought that might be the culprit. Then I went on a search for a mineral foundation that didn't contain: BOC, talc, preservatives, aloe, dyes, fragrance, oil. And that search led to many, many compromises, all of which made me break out. It's such a losing battle when the thing you're using to cover imperfections causes its own imperfections!

I was accosted one day in a shopping centre before Xmas when my skin was suffering from Perioral Dermatitis/Rosacea (I didn't know it at the time, I thought it was just the cold weather). The sign on the kiosk stated that this mineral foundation was 100% minerals with no fillers: no oil, BOC, talc, preservatives, dyes or fragrance. I was shocked! The SA typed my skin and applied it and I spent the rest of the day smiling because I LOOKED GREAT for the 1st time in about 2 months. I continued to have the PD/Rosacea because I didn't know what it was until about 3 weeks ago, but this MF has covered it up beautifully all along.

It was £20, which is quite expensive but I bought BE only once and never used it up - not even close. A little goes very, very far, so it's worth it. It's also worth it because this doesn't make its own imperfections. My skin doesn't itch, either. It's comfortable, beautiful and lasts all day to the point that if I go out after work, I don't even have to touch up. Also, it stays in place if I mist with LRP water or witch hazel. Great stuff! Finally, someone got MF right!