Bella Pierre - mineral powder

4.4

on 4/19/2011 1:10:00 PM

I love the BellaPierre shimmer pigments, and I've been wanting to try their foundation for a while, but it's very expensive.

However, I've started to see their kits in Winners running from $15-30.

I purchased the All Over Eye and Face Kit in Fair. This kit comes with Ivory Foundation (9g), Desert Rose Blush (9g), a makeup base, two shimmer pigments, a foundation brush and an eyeshadow brush.

I love this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly and gives great coverage. I find to get it on nicely I stiple first, then buff it in.

The only downside is the crappy packaging. It can be a bit messy (and wasteful if you've got powder in the lid that falls out).

Still, well worth it for $30. I would pay more for this now that I know it's good, but not their online prices. The mall kiosks are usually a bit better.

UPDATE:
I find that through the day this tends to come off in patches on my skin. It also sinks into my pores and emphasizes them.

on 4/14/2011 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many minerals foundations before and liked most of them. I have oily skin so, am very partial to powder foundations.
I never realized before all of the added ingredients that companies throw in there products to make it cheaper for them. These added ingredients are what cause most people to have some sort of reaction, whether it be just redness, dryness or breakouts etc.
I love the fact that BP is all natural and hypo-allergenic. It is perfect for any skin type. I fell in love with the pigments first, which are absolutely amazing- Ive never seen anything like them. Then I tried the foundation, I will never use anything else now. I even got my sister to try it, who has extremely dry, sensitive skin (with eczema) and it has improved the look and feel of her skin as well!
I feel like this is a revolution in the world of cosmetics :)

On a side note- I also love the "makeup base" which is basically an eyeshadow primer but can also be used as a concealer. I use it as an under eye concealer, it also makes your makeup water proof. so if my eyes water (which they do a lot) my makeup wont run! If you like a full coverage for foundation, it would save a lot of foundation to use this as a concealer first, then use your powder :) I have done this before and I guess because of the natural ingredients it doesnt cause you to breakout either. LOVE this stuff!!!

on 2/9/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first mineral makeup foundation I've tried. I got the Get Started Kit (Medium) which includes 2 small size (4g) foundation (Ivory, Cinnamon), 1 small size blush (Suede), 1 small size bronzer (Starshine) and 3 brushes (mix of goat and sable hair, concealer brush, blush brush & foundation brush) for AUD$60.

Foundation,
Colour Match: My light Asian skin tone is between Ivory (straight application looks like a geisha mask on me) & Cinnamon (straight applicaiton makes me look really yellow), so I mix them in a swirl bowl to get the correct shade.
Texture: The powder is fine and the ingredient is simple! However, I found this quite dry on my skin (my skin is normal to dry), some toner spray after helps to set the powder and the dryness.
Coverage: It's buildible and can be used as concealer (I use Ivory straight for my hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek, a little frekle is cute but when it's a whole cluster...). Matt finish.

Blush & Bronzer,
The blush & bronzer medium colour kit included is too dark for my skintone, they're not something I could wear everyday and somehow makes my skin looks yellow (especially the bronzer).

Brushes,
The brushes hair is soft and full! Doesn't irritate delicate skin around face/neck. The hair fall out a little initially but settle within days.

I think this is a reasonable product (very simple ingredient, unless you have super sensitive skin that reacts to mica), but I probably won't purchase it again as I prefer a more dewy foundation finish and Bella Pierre only have 1 formulation of foundation at this stage.

on 11/25/2010 6:13:00 AM

I was looking for a light/medium coverage liquid foundation and decided to give this brand a go. The consultant took less than 5 minutes to prime my face and apply the foundation. It is an instant glow, medium coverage and feels very breathable and light on my face. I am asian with combination skin and my skin felt like it wasn't wearing any make up at all.

Luckily, I have good skin to begin with and this mineral powder served to remove my need for a light concealer for undereyes and redness around the nose.

It is quite pricey, but when you consider how much time it saves you overall, on top of removing the cost of a concealer and setting powder I feel it's justified.

on 10/7/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation and will keep buying it for as long as they keep making it :)

Pros
- Good coverage (I don't have any pimples so I'm not sure if it would work for covering them, but it covers my freckles without concealer which I love)
- The lady I bought it from matched it to my skin perfectly (I'm very fair and usually I'm given something too dark)
- I've been using it for about 3 months now and it hasn't made me break out or given me a rash, and I have VERY sensitive skin.
- Easily washes off with a makeup wipe.
- Only contains 4 ingredients (mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides)

Cons
- A little expensive, but when you realize how little product you use, and that it expires after 36 months, it does seem worth it.
- The packaging is really crappy, I'm sure if you're not careful you could loose a lot of product. I have been putting a folded up tissue inside the lid to stop the powder escaping but it is annoying to have to do so.

I started using Bella Pierre Mineral Foundation 3 years ago.
I was skeptical because I needed medium coverage as I breakout from time to time.
You can control the amount of coverage by layering so this is a bonus. It feels great on my skin considering I have combination oily. Traditional liquid foundations would easily start to cake and separate on my skin by end of day and not look so fresh anymore.
It's been 3 years now and I recently found a 'starter' kit at Winners for $30 (normally priced at $100) which includes two shades of foundation for mixing, bronzer and blush. How perfect! I find the quality of it to be superior - the finish is beautiful and I've found that the texture of my skin has improved since I've made the switch. I also haven't been breaking out as badly AND it's so much better for my skin!
It has SPF of 15 which is a bonus. And as small as these containers of foundation look, it really lasts such a long time. The smaller packages not as much but when I first bought the standard size off Bella Pierre's website (around $45) it lasted me almost a year. That was in conjunction with using regular foundation for days I needed more coverage. But now, I don't use anything else unless I want a solid coverage for photos or a special event.
I would continue to buy this foundation probably as long as they're selling it. It's really worth the money and your face will thank you for it!

on 2/19/2010 12:49:00 AM

I can't believe I actually let those girls at the mall stop me! But I am happy that I did! I have been suffering a severe acne outbreak due to a medication I stopped taking (the side effects began to outweigh the actual benefits). The girls sat me down, removed my liquid foundation and began the lecture on how good Bella Pierre mineral foundation is. But what is my opinion? I LOVE it! It really does feel like you have nothing on your face, my skin can breathe and the natural ingredients do not inflame my acne. My acne is starting to fade away, but I found I still had to use a concealer to hide my red inflamed pimples, because, letís face it, it is far too expensive to use too much Bella Pierre just to cover pimples, when you can use less if you apply a concealer to your imperfections first. I paid $300AU for a starter pack (Foundation, blush, bronzer, lip balm, and 5 brushes). I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for something light but flawless, and who is willing to splurge.

Ingredients:
Mica, Zinc Oxides, Iron Oxides and Titanium Dioxide

Does NOT contain Bismuth Oxychloride, talc, oil, preservatives, dye and fragrances (all known irritants of the skin).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever used! I thought that mineral powder foundation wasn't for me because I bought some dud ones that made me look very dry and caky... but I'm so glad the Bella Pierre sales girl stopped me and asked whether I'd like to try this. It provides much better coverage than my liquid foundation which is really surprising. My dark eye circles easily fade away if I use a small brush to add more powder on. A little bit seems to go a long way and it looks like I have no make up on!

The colour I use, Cinnamon, seems like a very good match for my asian skin even in photographs. Any Asian will tell you how hard it is to find the right colour foundation!

After making some dud purchases on foundations, I'm happy I've found something that makes my skin look almost flawless (and I really don't have flawless skin - dull, freckles, acne, dark eye circles etc.).

Only thing is how expensive this is... I paid AUD $80... which the girl says lasts for a year, but I'm not sure. We'll see...

on 1/20/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the colour nutmeg, and I LOVE this MMU, its great. I have BE i bought after my BP, but it did not match its standards one bit! so sold my BE on ebay for dirt cheap

It gives the best coverage.

I was wearing the BE one day and playing with my baby nephew, and he was wearing a white baby grow, and it was all dirty, like a foundation colour and asked my sis why is he wearing dirty cloths, and she said she just changed him and that was odd.

I then realised, its BE foundation I am wearing!!!

But that does not happen with this MMU

Also with everyone having problems with the product going everywhere when you open it, when you first get your MMU rather than peeling off that white sticker seal, just make tiny hole with a pin, as many as you need. And if you have already pealed it off, then clean it up, take the tray out, and clean everything, and stick a sticker over the top, I did this to all my loose powders and just used wrapping stickers I got from WHSmiths.

It keeps everything clean

on 1/2/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

In my opinion this is one of the more better quality mineral powders out there esp in comparison to bare esentuals or even prescriptives mineral foundations. I was able to find a great color match, and like most mineral powders it feels light on your skin and gives you a very refined flawless finish. I didnt experience any problems with skin irritation but what did irritate me was the everchanging price!! when i first bought it they gave me a "deal" at 50$, the next time i went to buy it the said it was more expensive but agreed to give it to me at 60 always as long as i had my receipt showing i bought it at that price. The next time i came to purchase i brought my receipt showing i purchased it at 60 but they said unfortunately they have to sell it at 70$....well that was a bit much for me...also, i found the pot realy messy esp when trying to reapply throughout the day, which goes to show that it doesnt have the best longevity as touchups were necessary. Anyway, i moved on from this foundation (although it was nice) once i found prescriptives anywhere compact powder which trumped the mineral veil in coverage and lasting power and convenience while looking equaly nice

Recommended for Normal Skin