July 23, 2014 | 2132 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use this every day, I have quite red veiny eyelids so always need something more than the usual 'tinted' eye primers and this is the baby for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Brilliant little product, I use it a few ways. I use it on it's own sort of like a concealer for the top lid, evens out discolouration and looks like I naturally have lovely eyelids. It's a great base for eyeshadow and I find it looks smoother and lasts longer. I also use it to tidy up any mistakes with either eyeliner or if I go to far up with the eyeshadow.

I really really love this product and it would be a staple that I would re-purchase over and over and over but I am worried that MAC are testing on animals so I'm not sure I will be re-purchasing anything by them unless this changes :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by LuccaL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can have quite red eyelids or a few obvious veins, so I went to MAC and bought Painterly a while ago, because of the hype. I applied it with my fingertip, and it was really smooth. I absolutely loved it, because it looked natural, and covered up my 'discolouration' without looking cakey. And the packaging is really chic, simple and modern.

However... my eyeshadow did crease within an hour. I have normal skin but oily eyelids, and it annoys me so much, since I can't find anything to make my eyeshadow stay.

I asked my friend, also with oily eyelids, to try it out with the Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, since I don't own it myself. It did last a whole lot longer, but you could definitely tell that it creased after about 4-5 hours I think.

In the end, it's not a 'love or hate product', it's a 'love but hate product'. I wouldn't purchase it again, even though I absolutely love the colour and the way it makes my eyelid look for a while. But a while just isn't enough. It's an okay product, and I bet it works perfectly on persons without oily eyelids (jealous!) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by roziebabe

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It makes my eye make up stay put all day and is the perfect base if you are like a natural looking eye. It stops that shinny/greasy looking effect that you get at the end of a long day. I even use this product with out eye shadows on top some days because it really brightens and open your eye area up! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow bases. It helps even out the color on my eyelids before I apply any eyeshadow. If I apply it thinly enough, the eyeshadows don't crease until late at night. I don't have oily eyelids, so I do need a good eye cream before I apply this product. That being said, I use this more in the warmer days; in the cold weather, I need to warm up the product, but once applied, it's still difficult to blend, especially the edges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Perfect neutral base for all!!
It's a light peachy beige with a creme finish and it is so buttery. Dries in a minute or so you do have some time to blend it out unlike with Maybelline Color Tattoos. Medium coverage so that's awesome as it cancels out any discolorations. Keep the eyeshadows from creasing and all that jazz.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've used this as an eye shadow base for the past year. I'm nc45 so it's much lighter than my skintone, so it works well making my shadows pop. My shadows last all day without creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use my UDPP first, then I apply this and I get no creasing or fading of my shadows. I tend to have oily lids so this is the best way for me. It blends well, I just warm it up with my finger and apply. Perfect, I think everyone needs this in their makeup collection. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

So after using UDPP for a long time, I decided to switch it up a bit and try a MAC paint pot in Painterly. My goal was to use this as a neutralizer for my eyelids especially because I have veins that are not so subtle. It does the job better than anything else out there and it also extends the life of my eye look. Great base for any look. I was at the MAC counter yesterday and saw all of the different colors for different looks. Definitely HG. Side note. I will also use this on days with no makeup and it is beautiful. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has so far been my HG primer! It makes my eyeshadows look so beautiful. I never have a problem with creasing and my shadows last all day long! I'm also able to get true pigmentation out of my colors. LOVE IT!

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo