MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Love this product for an eye shadow base that is more golden than taupe (creates different looks than my HG eye shadow base, UD primer in Sin). Beautiful for both dramatic and subtle looks. Makes blue eyes sing!

EDIT: lowered my score to a 2. It is still a lovely product. Rubenesque is too reddish to be as flattering as this product. However, it creases on me : ( After a few hours of wear, it's all smeary and creased up. Womp womp. This was one of two paint pots I've ever owned, and I probably won't buy anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Indianwood is a beautiful, antiqued bronze gold very similar to the powder e/s Woodwinked. I have slightly oily lids, and this PP lasts all day on me- once it sets, it does not budge at all. This shows up very nicely on my NC35 lids. I love this color for an all over wash, or as a base for summery/fall MU looks. The texture is amazing, very creamy and easy to spread. There is TONS of product in these jars, and a little goes a long way so these will last forever!

This is almost like a cream form of MAC Woodwinked. Fairly smooth texture and works well layered under any color in the coral/bronze/gold family. You can use this in the crease or as an overall wash on the weekends or for work. I think this color would work on most people, especially those with warm undertones.

One of the cons is it's bit pricey considering how quickly they dry up. I wouldn't repurchase because of this and I've also come to prefer more neutral eye looks and this is too orangey for me.

I am not a MAC girl - usually too pricey for my budget - but my sister is, and she got me a paint pot for my birthday, which I loved. She had bought one of the more nude ones for me to use as a base, and I finally caved and spent the $18.50 to get Indianwood because I wanted a pretty, bronze eyeshadow I could apply quickly for every day.
I really like the formula of the paint pots because they are easy to apply, last well and have a nice dewy finish without all the usual problems of a cream eyeshadow (creasing, fading, greasiness, etc). These are the only "creams" I will even bother with as far as eye shadows go.
Indianwood is certainly pretty. I had hoped, based on the swatch I did in store, that it would be darker and more shimmery, but of course I was pretty generous with the product when I did that swatch. The color of Indianwood is like a slightly lighter UD Smog. Smog is one of my favorite eye shadows (I pretty much wear it and Half Baked every day) so that is a complimentary comparison. However, the pigmentation is not quite as intense as Smog is, and so it looks very natural on me - like I'm wearing barely any color. It's also not as shimmery on as it looks in the jar.
While I appreciate the ease of application and the overall color, I had somewhat higher expectations for the pigmentation and finish of Indianwood. I will be using it alone when I'm in a rush but don't want to go bare faced, but most of the time I will probably use it as a primer to deepen Smog, or another favorite, Flirt Chocoholic. I will probably look for another, darker paint pot to achieve the look I had in mind.
I only say I will not buy again because I'm pretty sure this little pot will last me forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I think I would try out different paint pots though. I throw this on as a quick makeup fix when i'm running out the door. It's a nice burnt brown/golden color and looks really natural. I can use it as a base and also turn it into something more dramatic. If I were travelling, I think I would bring paint pots along just cause of the ease of usage. I'm just not a fan of the pots, I mean I like the glass packaging because it looks fancy .... but it's a bit bulky. I'd rather it came in a tube really. (seems more sanitary then dipping your finger in)

This does crease on me, but I do have oily skin. I can live without, but it's a nice product. Nice smooth texture and daily usage for a couple months has only put a little dent.

** I hear that these things dry out (even with a tight lid)...I've had mine for half a year now and it's okay still.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Indianwood is a very warm bronze color, almost metallic looking in the pot. I've owned this for a few years and I literally remember using it maybe 5x. I thought I really liked it but after using it this morning, I'm just not sure it's for me. It pulled way too orange and right now I'm in between NC20 & NC25. I used the left bronze side of my Nars Kalahari duo on top and added brown liner & black mascara and it looked nice but it's a little too warm for my liking. I remember specifically wearing this the summer before last with the same eye look and it didn't look orange, it was a nice bronze shade. I am thinking it just doesn't work for me when I'm this pale, maybe in the summer I'll bring it back out. I really love paint pots, I use one everyday. They are so creamy and easy to apply with no creasing and for me I have had no issues with any drying out but as of right now, I'm sure I would not repurchase.

This products is Meh.
I bought this thinking it was going to be brown goldy color. Which it sort of is. This product came off more as a bronzy orange. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty colour. Just in the pot. I personally think that MAC isn't all that. I think MAC is an over-hyped brand.

PROS:
-Smooth. It glides smoothly onto your skin.
-It's buildable

CONS:
-It comes off as an orange colour. (However, it will really make green eyes pop! Just not my colour!!!!!)
-It settles into your skins natural crease.

My advice, if you want to buy a paint pot from mac, Don't. But, if you have your heart set on them, Get either Soft Ochre or Painterly. If you want a little bit of a shimmer on your lids, get Bare Study.

Great product! Soft shimmery undertones and it makes a great primer. Its so versatile. I use this across my lids, then smoke it out with Black Tied from MAC or Machine from Illamasqua at the corners. So easy to get a smokey look with it. Also use it as a primer then apply Amber Lights MAC over it and get a really sparkly, shimmery look. Gives warmer hues to greens and lasts all day! Looks amazing with Greensmoke and Humid from MAC. Totally swear by this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Love this! :) Swatched it on my arm...its like a cross between Half-Baked and Smog from the UD Naked Palette. Its a bronze eyeshadow base which makes all the other eyeshadows i own escalate to a new bronze-goddess dimension! When the light hits it, its a shiny bronze...when in a shadow it looks lyk a matte brown...just gorgeous! U can wear this on its own too, to make for a lovely bold gold look! I would repurchase if they toned it down even more but that's just me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Loooveeee it!!! This is what I thought Constructivist would be. This PP warms up my face and looks absolutely gorgeous on my eyelids. On me it look like an orangy gold and I can't express how much I like it

Top Rated MAC Products