GOSH X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

3.5

water, cyclopentasiloxane, CI77891, glycerin, nylon-12, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, C11-12 isoparaffin, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, diethylhexyl adipate, titanium dioxide, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, CI 77492, hydroxyethylcellulose, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, disteardimonium hectorite, dimethiconol, alumino, CI77491, methylparaben, talc, CI77499, alcohol denat, simethicone, benzoic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, dehydroocetic acid, citric acid, isobutylparaben, propylparaben.

on 1/1/2012 9:46:00 AM

This is the only foundation I have ever found that matches my very pale skin tone (Shade 11) and gives fantastic coverage. However, it is not like any other foundation I have ever tried. If you have dry skin, I would not advise using this as dry patches will show up
The foundation itself is quite thick and a little goes a long way. To apply, I find the results are best when I first prime my skin before applying it with a foundation brush to the centre of my face and then blending out. Then to ensure that it is even, I use a damp cosmetic sponge to "dab it". The result? Even skin, with no orange lines and it dries to a semi matt finish. I find it usually lasts about eight hours looking fresh without powder, but with powder it lasts me all day and night (16 hours from application to removal). I couldn't praise this product enough, although it is not suitable for many skin types and there are limited shades available. If you have very pale skin like me this product in shade 11 is perfect. And it doesnt break the bank at £8 for 35mls. Score!

on 12/28/2011 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been curious about this foundation for a couple of years. My regular Colorstay was almost out, so I thought I'd give this a try. In my neck of the woods, both foundations are $20 CAD, but GOSH gives you 5ml more! First off, 11 Porcelain is actually pale enough for my NW15 skin! The coverage is a bit lighter than colorstay, less obvious looking. Because of its thick consistency, I find I have to really buff this into my skin, but the result is worth it. I really like how nice this makes my skin look. Make sure you moisturize your skin before applying, or any dry patches will show up. I find that an oil-based cleanser works quite well for removal.
I'll need to use this more to see if it will replace my beloved colorstay, but for now at least, I'm happy to have a nice foundation that actually matches my skin :)

First when I applied it, it looked quite alright; the shade was perfect, consistency was good, coverage was great...I was ready to consider this as my HG foundation.

But after three hours, my chin started to itch a bit. I paid no attention to that at first but later on when I removed my makeup I noticed a zit there. However I continued using, thinking that maybe the pimple hadn't came from this product.

What a mistake that was! Now, few weeks later my forehead and chin are full of cystic bumps, so thank you Gosh.

Ps. If I mix it up with Loreal True Match, I get no breakouts. Don't know why..

on 12/1/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually quite like this foundation, its very runny and seeps out the minute you remove the lid, but you have to work quickly to apply as it sets quickly and is a little sticky. Doesn't oxidise like many foundations I've tried. 12 Natural is a perfect match for me, normally I have to mix the two palest shades together to match my skin tone! Great budget foundation!

on 11/15/2011 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like this foundation. I have quite fair skin and this suits it pretty well. It's got pretty good coverage as well. I'd say medium coverage. I'd recommend it. It looks very natural on the skin as well.

on 11/11/2011 7:42:00 AM

I have to give this fondation a bad review.....and this is not for me, but two of my friends (couldn't use the foundation for myself since there was no color matching).

Both were first very happy with this foundation since they liked coverage and lasting power but after about a week BOTH broke out terribly and still coulnd't get rid of it, although already two weeks have passed since they stopped using the foundation.
For reference: They both have combination but no sensitive skin at all.

I'm really glad there was no colormatch for me...I'm sure my sensitive skin would have gone crazy with that stuff *_*

on 10/31/2011 5:23:00 AM

I have very pale skin with a small amount of pink in my cheeks so i bought the palest colour, as i was testing foundations on my hand in a shop and was suprised at how pale the porcelain shade in this foundation was.
I have found most foundations do not make pale enough colours which is really annoying unless you like the umpa loompa look.
Im nineteen and I used to suffer with acne however now I only get the odd breakouts which tend to be mild, but weither my skin is clear, or im having a breakout i find this to have a very nice coverage. It dosen't look caked yet if its enough to cover any minor breakouts which is essential for me as i dont use conceraler with foundation.
I dont wear makeup all the time but when I do I like to feel and look as if im not wearing a lot of foundation so the amazingly pale colour and nice coverage of this one is perfect for me.

on 9/25/2011 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this product for a very long time :) As I am Über white, I use the Porcelain colour and I set it with powder. It lasts for ages and the price you pay is good for the amount you get. I have acne prone skin and I can tell you that some mornings I have got up with the most horrific looking skin, I put this on and it's all covered! :D Oh and one other thing, I have been on nights out where I have been quite inebriated and have done the cardinal sin of climbing into bed with my face still on (Ooops!) And have woken up with it still on! I have been to many music festivals too and scrambled into my tent after a hard day of rocking with the foundation intact. It's a keeper ;)

on 8/29/2011 11:32:00 AM

I purchased this foundation in Golden to get me though the summer when I have a little colour and my faves are too light. I wanted something long wearing to use only on days when I want my makeup to last longer than the work day. I really like this product, the coverage and it's staying power. I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender sponge.
First off I like the inverted tube packaging. Perfect for dispensing just the right amount. The texture is creamy, but I do not find it heavy on my skin and it blends really well with the sponge. It gives me a natural finish and I can build it up if I need to. For me this product has great staying power. I have an oily t-zone and I find after many hours I get a little oily break through on my forehead, but the rest of my face looks great. Example: I wore this on a very humid day when I was attending an outdoor concert. I applied it at 2 pm and was outside from 4pm until past midnight. When I checked my makeup at the end of the night it still looked good with just a little shine on my forehead. This is a great long wearing foundation.

on 8/20/2011 3:17:00 PM

This was one of the first foundations I used after searching for ages to find a brand that carried a colour light enough for me. It lasts all day, provides excellent coverage and leaves no pores behind. It should be used sparingly though or else it can look a little caked on and looks best with a powder to set it (I use GOSH's brand of that, too) I've never used it with a primer because it doesn't really need any. Packaging is great, you can get every last drop of it out. It's a little pricey but lasts forever. I've been wearing it for around three years and I'm just finishing up on my third bottle. (and I wear it just about every day) When you wear it, you must pair with a blush or bronzer! All in all, it's worth it!