April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this and I am impressed with it. This is the best mascara I have ever had... Separates, curls and has a really clean and volumized effect. I really love it, the brush is also really nice but it is way soo expensive so I don't think I would buy it, maybe when I used up all my other mascaras and if I save some money for it... :(

EDIT: I realized that at the end of the day the color of it kinda disappears and flakes a bit too. After a couple of days started to irritate my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've got rather long eyelashes on my own, but I need mascara to give me those long, black, full lashes. This mascara truly delivers. Four people have asked me if I'm wearing false eyelashes while wearing this mascara. One friend, two SA and my boyfriends father(!). If you can get your boyfriends father to notice your lashes, to me, that means that I've done something right. Despite this, my favorite thing about this mascara is that it actually curls my lashes. I'm not a frequent user of eyelash curlers, but this makes me wonder what I need them for. If I could make a single wish, it would be that it would give my lashes a tiny bit more volume. Other than that, this is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sherya45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying many mascaras highly rated on Makeup Alley (Cover Girl Blast (orange tube) & Max Factor 1000 Calorie - I find this one to be the best! Although it's more pricey than I would like, it'll be a repeat purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

I LOVE this product!! By far one of my most favorite mascaras!!! I make sure to use the Lancome primer under it or it tends to clump. The only negative I would say it is does seem to dry a little faster than other mascaras. I'm not sure why.
But it works wonderfully!! It gives me a TON of volume and curl!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by xdahlia

Please note that I have short, sparse lashes, and any kind of thickening mascara weighs down my lashes and looks clumpy. My lashes are hard to curl without a eye lash curler, so this did not curl my lashes at all.

This mascara adds enough volume to make it look natural. It lengthens my lashes a tad. And it looks really nice for everyday wear. Nothing too dramatic. I only apply about one or two coats. Anything more will look clumpy.

The mascara is a somewhat dry compared to other mascaras I've used before. But it still applies well. The wand is curved, so it takes a bit of getting used too, and applying it on the lower lashes is kinda hard.

Overall, this is my favorite everyday mascara but when I run out, I'm going to look for a cheaper alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yvonne89

My HG mascara in a heartbeat - the only thing I've tried that gives me long, curled, defined, separated and clean lashes. Nothing else ever comes close to how it fans out my lashes and really make them pop. Love it that it comes off really easily when a simple make-up remover as well.

Only thing is that it dries fairly quickly and starts to flake after a while. But for me, it's still tolerable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by faon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product, curled, darkened and lengthened as promised. However as with all Lancome mascaras I've tried, it dries really quickly making it too expensive to buy again despite being a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by lexileven

This is the nearest I have to an HG mascara. It gives me some curl, but more importantly lengthens, thickens and does not ever smudge! The colour is a good black on me and makes my eyes stand out - I've had good compliments using this mascara.
The curved wand is easy to use and gives a good effect.

I have knocked one lippy off though as I find this lasts a maximum of 10 weeks before drying up so much it starts to flake - and at this price that's disappointing. I will repurchase but right now I can't afford it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by persianprincess00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, overall, I really liked this mascara. Not only did it separate my lashes, but it lengthened them...A LOT. I'd say the only con about it was the formula; I found it to be very drying. The tube will dry up if you leave it open for too long, and you have to apply the mascara quickly because it drys fast. Other than that though, great amscara! Everyone asks me if I'm wearing fake eyelashes when I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iíve got this in Lancome GWP when I was buying their cleanser.
I have to say that Iíve never used curved brush mascara because I donít find them easy to maneouvre, so I wasnít sure what to expect of it. This is advertised as a curving and lenghtening mascara so Iíve never felt the need to check it before.
Mine is in the colour noir sensuel. In spite of the curved brush, it applies easily. It doesnít clumps. Since my lashes are naturally curved, I cannot say much about the curving effect, except that it didnít straighten my lashes like some mascares (primarily Max Factor False Lash) had. It also gives a decent lengh and volume, but nothing dramatic. I love it, but it still doesnít come close to YSL EFC.
It is difficult to remove, but then it doesnít smudge nor flake.
Iíd be glad to get this mascara sometimes in another GWP, but I wouldnít purchase it. I expect much more from a high end mascara for that price. The results Iíve gotten from this could measure with the results of an excellent drugstore mascara like 2000 Calories or Voluminous.