Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

OMG I LOVE THIS IRON!
I have the european version, which looks the same but is a steel gray colour, and has 5 temp settings that go up to 230degrees C, and is also called "The Straightener". I have uploaded a pic next to the main image for this.
I prefer it over my Sedu, GHD and CHI! Yes I own all 3 because I'm such an iron freak but this is by far the best one, it made my hair look so shiny! The box says to slide down the hair only once, and it's really true, it works that well!
I use it at the second highest setting, 210degrees C, because I'm worried about burning my hair :)
The price is reasonable, it's still cheaper than Sedu and GHD and CHI here in Dubai, by about 200dhs ($60 American)
Doesnt snag my hair, heats up very fast, and feels very sturdy! <3
The european one can be found here:

I love this straightener! I had a Chi for 7 years and would have to go over each piece of hair at least 6 times and by lunch time my hair would be frizzy again. I have really thick wavy hair. I can go over each piece with this 2 or 3 times and my hair stays super straight and shiny all day. I can straighten my entire head of hair in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend this straightener!

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This product is a dream!!! It's is the best iron I have ever used. I have super curly, course, thick, and frizzy hair and this iron gives me smooth pin straight hair. I've owned a chi which sucked and damaged my hair, and I've had the crappy iron bought from a kiosk in the mall (ISO beauty), and my hair would curl in humid weather. This iron is amazing!!!!! My hair stays shiny, smooth and straight in humid weather and looks great. I highly recommend it!!!!!!

on 3/26/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am in love with this iron! I can't believe it took me so long to find it. I have thick, wavy, long hair and this thing does wonders! I use to have a chi that I used for years and my hair always seemed to be missing something. I got this flat iron and it takes me 15-20 minutes max to do my hair (and I have a lot of hair!) It use to take me about an hour--and I use to dread it! I am not sure if it is the iron or not but I always get told how gorgeous and silky my hair looks now. I don't feel the need to stray to a sedu or GHD because this iron is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just got this flat iron in the mail yesterday. I used it this morning and my hair looks fantastic! I literally only had to do one swipe with each little section of hair. My hair feels soft and shiny - and soooo straight. I love my new straightening iron!!

7/29/12 - update - I've been using this for months now and it is still the best flat iron that I've ever used!

on 2/13/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

BEST STRAIGHTENER!!! I owned a Chi for 3 years, until it broke down. I'm so glad it did because I was introduced to Babyliss. It straightens hair really fast because of its large plates. I can honestly say that it cut my straightening process in half, from 20 to 10 min. I have long wavy hair. Leaves my hair extra shiny, and smooth, which my Chi didn't do. When I wake up my hair is still stick straight! Don't even need to use it to fix a few areas. I didn't really notice much of a difference once I got the straightener. I definitely thought the Babyliss was better because it is larger, but recently I had to use a Chi and I finally realized how BIG of a difference there is between the 2. My hair doesn't get stuck in the plates, and I only need to go over the strands once or twice. I am NEVER going back to a CHI again!!!!!!

UPDATE: (May 24/12) For about 2 months now, my Babyliss straightener has been breaking down. I am sooo disappointed. I didn't think I was going to experience problems with it. The straightener doesn't seem to heat properly anymore even when on the highest setting. There are times when it works perfectly, and other times it doesn't produce any steam and seems to heat as if it is on the lowest possible setting. I need to unplug it, let it cool off, and then try again in order for it to work again. Sometimes it starts working properly when left unattended for 30 minutes, but this is such a waste of my time... If I own a straightener I want it to work perfect every time without any issues and stress. Because of this I am dropping my rating. Hope the same doesn't happen to you girls. I've only owned this straightener for 4 months.

on 1/18/2012 10:44:00 AM

I have the Babyliss, Sedu, & the Chi irons. Babyliss comes in 2nd place to my Sedu (& it's not the Revolution, it's the original Sedu). No straightening irons are healthy for your hair, but the Sedu is healthier for my hair than the Babyliss. & the Chi is just the worst one, I just saved it for backup just in case. What I like about the Babyliss is that it has adjustable heat settings, it heats up fast & gets hot...up to 450 degrees..& stays hot. It does straighten my hair well don't get me wrong, but I do notice more damage & split ends with the Babyliss than my Sedu leaves me with. I think this is due to the plates, since these are titanium. The way the plates are thickly shaped on the Babyliss makes it harder to get to the roots (which is how hair ultimately stays straight). I work in a salon, so what i've noticed from talking to stylists & people is that the Babyliss works better on ethnic hair & people with very fine/thin hair. The Sedu works better for thick, curly, medium hair, & the Sedu leaves hair with more of a shine. It's honestly kind of 50/50 on both irons, it's more of just a preference type of thing. If you're on a budget, the Babyliss is cheaper than the Sedu. It's still expensive, but it's usually about an $80-$100 difference, depending on where you buy it from. Babyliss is still a good iron though:)...& has a 3-4 yr warranty

on 12/9/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love , love this flat iron!!!!!! It's practically life changing. Lol. Really though, this iron is super lightweight, heats up fast, adds shine, reduces frizz and glides amazingly through hair. I previously had a Revlon ceramic and then had a Sedu Revolution, but I chucked my Revlon and returned the Sedu to try the Babyliss nano. And I am so glad I did. I have thick, slight wavy hair to the middle of my back and the longer plates on this iron are awesome!!!. You can do bigger chunks of hair with each pass. Also, the titanium plates have a much better glide through hair so I dont hear any tearing or breaking at my end anymore! Crappy flat irons cause split ends, ladies! I learned this the hard way. But thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore. After I bought this, I went to my hair stylist and mentioned my new Babyliss and she pointed out that all the girls at the salon use them too cause it's the best flat iron especially for hair that just had the keratin treatments. Bottom line is while it's a bit pricey it's cheaper than some other brand names but super high quality. Would def buy again if I had too but looks like it will last a while :)

on 10/17/2011 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this flat iron! I had previously owned a Chi for over three years when it finally gave out. I had no idea what a horrible job it was doing until I got this flat iron. Before, my hair was still frizzy and took multiple passes to get it "straight". I was always frustrated that my hair was never as smooth at home as it was at the salon. However, I couldn't bring myself to spend the cash for a new iron while my Chi was still functioning. When my Chi finally broke, I bought the Babyliss iron after reading reviews here on MUA and talking with my hairstylist (it's what she uses). It was money well spent! From the first use, the Babyliss iron got my hair perfectly straight, smooth, and shiny - with significantly less frizz. It was amazing! I couldn't stop touching my hair and have gotten so many compliments since I began using it. One friend said I had "model hair". This iron is a great investment and I highly recommend it!

on 6/19/2011 7:39:00 PM

For years, I used the original Chi for my hair. Then, about two years ago, at the suggestion of my hair stylist (after she noticed my lovely split ends), I decided to purchase the BaByliss straightener. And I can say... I'm SO happy I did.

The Chi was beyond damaging to my hair. There were times I would actually hear strands of hair screaming in surrender as they were being separated mid-strand. Granted, with any type of hair tool that heats your hair, you're going to have damage. The damage with this, however, has been greatly reduced. It literally glides over my hair.

I have baby-fine hair that can tend to get a little unruly (sexy, I know), so I really just use this on its lowest setting (of which there are five), in order to smooth out my frizzies.

Also, it's pretty durable. When it's on the bathroom counter and in my husband's way, I mysteriously find it on the floor later that evening in some awkward position. When I question the hubster, I'm met with a shoulder shrug and mumble of "I dunno." I can, however, tell it hasn't been gently and lovingly placed on the ground. There are a few areas of paint missing, but the plates haven't popped out as they did with my Chi. Due to its durability, I think my husband has turned its destruction into a personal challenge. (If he breaks it, his shake-weight is history).

The only down-side is the location of the power button. I can't tell you the number of times I've been happily straightening my hair, when, what the??... I find myself just running unheated titanium plates down my hair. On the bright side, even then it doesn't rip my hair from my tender scalp.

Anyhoo, if you have a Chi, toss it in the trash and try your hand at this li'l guy.

Top Rated Babyliss Products