April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I have the Babyliss, Sedu, & the Chi irons. Babyliss comes in 2nd place to my Sedu (& it's not the Revolution, it's the original Sedu). No straightening irons are healthy for your hair, but the Sedu is healthier for my hair than the Babyliss. & the Chi is just the worst one, I just saved it for backup just in case. What I like about the Babyliss is that it has adjustable heat settings, it heats up fast & gets hot...up to 450 degrees..& stays hot. It does straighten my hair well don't get me wrong, but I do notice more damage & split ends with the Babyliss than my Sedu leaves me with. I think this is due to the plates, since these are titanium. The way the plates are thickly shaped on the Babyliss makes it harder to get to the roots (which is how hair ultimately stays straight). I work in a salon, so what i've noticed from talking to stylists & people is that the Babyliss works better on ethnic hair & people with very fine/thin hair. The Sedu works better for thick, curly, medium hair, & the Sedu leaves hair with more of a shine. It's honestly kind of 50/50 on both irons, it's more of just a preference type of thing. If you're on a budget, the Babyliss is cheaper than the Sedu. It's still expensive, but it's usually about an $80-$100 difference, depending on where you buy it from. Babyliss is still a good iron though:)...& has a 3-4 yr warranty

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love , love this flat iron!!!!!! It's practically life changing. Lol. Really though, this iron is super lightweight, heats up fast, adds shine, reduces frizz and glides amazingly through hair. I previously had a Revlon ceramic and then had a Sedu Revolution, but I chucked my Revlon and returned the Sedu to try the Babyliss nano. And I am so glad I did. I have thick, slight wavy hair to the middle of my back and the longer plates on this iron are awesome!!!. You can do bigger chunks of hair with each pass. Also, the titanium plates have a much better glide through hair so I dont hear any tearing or breaking at my end anymore! Crappy flat irons cause split ends, ladies! I learned this the hard way. But thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore. After I bought this, I went to my hair stylist and mentioned my new Babyliss and she pointed out that all the girls at the salon use them too cause it's the best flat iron especially for hair that just had the keratin treatments. Bottom line is while it's a bit pricey it's cheaper than some other brand names but super high quality. Would def buy again if I had too but looks like it will last a while :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mrsJY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this flat iron! I had previously owned a Chi for over three years when it finally gave out. I had no idea what a horrible job it was doing until I got this flat iron. Before, my hair was still frizzy and took multiple passes to get it "straight". I was always frustrated that my hair was never as smooth at home as it was at the salon. However, I couldn't bring myself to spend the cash for a new iron while my Chi was still functioning. When my Chi finally broke, I bought the Babyliss iron after reading reviews here on MUA and talking with my hairstylist (it's what she uses). It was money well spent! From the first use, the Babyliss iron got my hair perfectly straight, smooth, and shiny - with significantly less frizz. It was amazing! I couldn't stop touching my hair and have gotten so many compliments since I began using it. One friend said I had "model hair". This iron is a great investment and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jones1106

For years, I used the original Chi for my hair. Then, about two years ago, at the suggestion of my hair stylist (after she noticed my lovely split ends), I decided to purchase the BaByliss straightener. And I can say... I'm SO happy I did.

The Chi was beyond damaging to my hair. There were times I would actually hear strands of hair screaming in surrender as they were being separated mid-strand. Granted, with any type of hair tool that heats your hair, you're going to have damage. The damage with this, however, has been greatly reduced. It literally glides over my hair.

I have baby-fine hair that can tend to get a little unruly (sexy, I know), so I really just use this on its lowest setting (of which there are five), in order to smooth out my frizzies.

Also, it's pretty durable. When it's on the bathroom counter and in my husband's way, I mysteriously find it on the floor later that evening in some awkward position. When I question the hubster, I'm met with a shoulder shrug and mumble of "I dunno." I can, however, tell it hasn't been gently and lovingly placed on the ground. There are a few areas of paint missing, but the plates haven't popped out as they did with my Chi. Due to its durability, I think my husband has turned its destruction into a personal challenge. (If he breaks it, his shake-weight is history).

The only down-side is the location of the power button. I can't tell you the number of times I've been happily straightening my hair, when, what the??... I find myself just running unheated titanium plates down my hair. On the bright side, even then it doesn't rip my hair from my tender scalp.

Anyhoo, if you have a Chi, toss it in the trash and try your hand at this li'l guy.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by krakes4107

this is legit the best straightener ive ever used. my moms boss got her one for her birthday about a year ago and i love it. ive never owned a chi, but my friends who do say that it works better than any chi theyve ever used. i really like the titanium plates & i wish other brands would try it, i havent been able to find a decent brand with titatium plated irons. i dont have my own, but i was at tjmaxx today & i bought a babyliss ceramic straightener & it works just as well. overall this brand is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by samanthamiller

LOVE this straightener! I have thick, wavy, long hair and can straigten my whole head in 10-15 minutes with this. It seems to give my hair a nice shine, too. I've tried tons of other (more expensive) straighteners, and the babyliss nano titanium pro is by far my favorite. I bought it on Amazon.com for around $75, which isn't cheap, but I find it to be a really great value, considering it works just as well if not better than the Chi, which is double the price.

One word of warning: it gets super hot, so be careful, and also be sure to move it quickly through your hair so you don't create crease lines in your hair.

Happy straightening!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick, coarse, brittle Asian hair that this difficult to style. I bought this per a Youtuber's suggestion, and found it on Amazon.com for $60 (no way was I dropping hundreds of dollars). For what I paid and the product I got, I am definitely pleased. It does the job of straightening, and with the right technique and practice, I can also do any kind of curl that a normal curling iron can do. It's basically my all-in-one heat styling tool. I wouldn't be able to live without this! I especially like the extra-long plates because I have such dense hair. I tried my mom's Sedu iron and I would have to do painfully small sections because when I would clamp down, the hair would spread out past the plates. Not so with my Babyliss. I can do the job in half the time. It's lightweight and very thin, so my arms don't tire easily from styling.

Also, it has adjustable heat settings to accomodate different hair types. Higher heat for dense hair (like mine - I keep it at 325-350) or lower for finer hair. The power button is on the side of the iron, so you might accidentally turn it off once or twice, but the button is sort of depressed into the iron so it doesn't happen terribly often. It would've been smarter to put it on the inside of the iron though.

Oh, and it heats up in about 15-30 seconds, which is a huge plus.

The only reason I knocked off a lippie was because the outside of the iron where the plates are gets VERY hot - to the point where I could never touch it. This makes some styles a little more difficult, but I've worked around it and it's not a huge deal to me, but if you're kind of clumsy, you might want to pick another iron. Overall, a great iron for half the price of CHI and Sedu. I'll be using it until it straightens/curls its last and I absolutely must buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by venpaca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this straightener. I was using CHI straightening irons for a while and bought this Babyliss one and it's far superior. Heats very fast, very hot, and does a good job straightening. It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth the money if you want your hair looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by narshallow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best flat iron I've ever owned. Of course, it's also the most expensive. I've had a Revlon one (was pretty good), a little one from Avon(sucked), And my very first one was by a company whose name I can't remember but the plates started crumbling.

It gets my hair really smooth and straight and a lot faster than any of the other ones did. And I have naturally curly, coarse hair. I've also had it for about 2 years and it's still great. I haven't been rough with it or dropped it, either, though.

I might buy it again. But if it ever craps out on me, I might like to try a GHD.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by wasjame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is probably a good straightening tool for curly or coarse hair - considering the high rating it has received. However I think it's not that great for fine or processed or even just normal hair. I bought this a couple of months ago, and have decided to give it away. I find that even after descending the heat scale progressively in my use of this iron, it is still extremely damaging to my hair. I do not let it linger in my hair, but just smooth it quickly down the length, but it has still caused extensive damage. ( I do color my hair, but no highlights, or even any lightening - just covering grays. And I do not do any other processes at all - except deep conditioning.) I find that it also makes my hair very static-prone and flyaway. But the worst is the breaking and the constant need to trim off fried ends. ( I know what you're thinking, but I am not using this iron incorrectly. I have previously used the Chi and Conair Infiniti without this kind of damage.) I kept trying to make this thing work for me since I had spent so much money on it, and kept lowering the heat until it finally just was not hot enough to do the job at all. But now I just give up on it. It is just entirely too damaging compared with other irons. I would not recommend it - unless your hair is extremely coarse or unruly and stands up well to damage.