Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

on 7/23/2010 12:54:00 PM

I rarely use sprays or perfumes but this spray is about 3/4 used within 7 months. I have sniffed plenty of fragrances but I've never come across anything like this parfum spray. In addition to the flower scent, it does hint a luxurious smell (people will know it's not cheap if they smell it). Occasionally when I sit down at a place, some people would walk past me a couple of time to get another sniff.

on 7/13/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate gardenia in perfumes. It's always so chemical and overpowering, and usually gives me a sick stomach ache. This is smoother and much creamier. If I hadn't known it was gargenia I might have guessed it was honeysuckle. What I love about most Estee Lauder perfumes is the way you can smell them wafting up off your own body, so nice if it's a scent you love. And they last. One blast of this and you can smell it on yourself for hours. While there is still that sickeningly sweet cloying gardenia in this it is not nearly as fake and chemical as most gardenia scents. It's pretty nice actually, if you don't mind gargenia's sweet-sour, over ripe rotting flowers quality. This would surely attract the bees to you outdoors. I can almost like this and am pretty impressed. It's a natural smell, not one from the laboratory which is one quality I look for in perfume. That combined with the staying power and sillage makes this a winner. Gardenia lovers, this is the one.

on 5/17/2010 9:50:00 AM

Absolutely Beautiful White Floral on me. I just love this scent, I find Gardenia either Fake or Screamingly hard to wear but this one works perfectly for me. Just love it in the Spring on a Rainy day...

on 4/4/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is, in my opinion, Estee Lauder's best fragrance ever. It is indeed a tuberose softened by gardenia. The gardenia makes it more wearable than say, Fracas. It has lots of sillage and is not for the meek. It draws lots of compliments. Great staying power. I loved this and was ready to purchase the night I tried it; however I'm glad I waited and got a sample on ebay. It turn out it unfortunately it sets off migraines for my husband (darn!),

on 3/7/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I agree. It would be perfect w/o the sour note, which I assume is the tuberose.

on 12/15/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty, buttery white floral. Unfortunately, something in this turns sour on me. The "off" note eventually subsides, but it's not worth the wait, especailly since this sort of fragrance isn't really "me."

on 8/12/2009 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Exquisite! Love at first whiff. I've always loved the scent of gardenias and this delivers. Too bad it's so darn expensive.

on 7/21/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've owned and worn this scent for quite some years now. At first, all I noticed was the lovely tuberose-gardenia loveliness. Others mentioned a plastic-y note, but at the time I honestly didn't experience that at all.

I was perfectly happy with it for a long time, but the last few times I've worn it, I've noticed the plastic quality, and find it hugely distracting and not lovely.

Is it a matter of my own skin chemistry? the scent itself? the age of the bottle? I have no idea what might be going on.

I've even wondered if the liquid in the spray tube might have aged badly, so the last few times I've worn it, I've sprayed the scent just to clear the tube before I apply it to myself, and still I get the plastic note.

I pull it out to try again from time to time, but this one's turned out to be a disappointment that makes me sad.

on 6/19/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Lovely fragrance. At first it was a magic carpet ride of scent. Tuberose mostly. Very tropical. Loved it. Wanted to buy it right then and there, but due to allergies went into test first mode.

It continued full blast, and I began to have a headache.

Much as I love some Estee Lauder perfumes, the ones I like, this and Beyond Paradise give me a sick headache after an hour or so.

Otherwise I'd buy this. Fortunately I used a tester on two separate occaisions, and took a small tester vial home with me.

For anyone with perfume headaches, watch out for this one, and test well before buying.

One last warning-----Don't spritz this one on if you are going to be in an enclosed space (office, church, elevator, bus, long car rides) for the sake of others--it is heavy and sweet and very very powerful.

on 6/3/2009 5:03:00 PM

This really is a wonderfully blended fragrance. The gardenia and tuberose scents smell like they should and are not cloying. The fragrance starts off with a blend of lilac and rosewood on me. Then it becomes strong with gardenia and a hint of tuberose and jasmine. The drydown on me is lushious tuberose. Scent lasts about 4 hours on me. When you first spritz this on, the scent is very powerful but give it 15 minutes or so and it will settle down.

Popular Fragrances