April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kimlitt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Salt and Pepper hair that I love. It just seems REALLY white/bright in the summer when I have a tan. I thought I'd try something different and put in a brown color.
Well, it turned our REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DARK - almost black. I tried the dandruff shampoo, the vitamin C tablets - nothing worked. Tried this as a last resort. Well, its not brown/black anymore - it is a DARK AUBURN like color.
Tried it again today and this time there was no change at all. Pissed @ myself for even trying to dye it. Luckily I have a short, naturally curly do - I can cut it shorter and grow out the rest.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by imjmarquez

In my experience, this product worked wonderful! I've been dying my hair Black for the past three years! I bought it hoping it at least go back to my natural color Dark Brown. So when the twenty minutes were done i looked at it and i could see a little bit of fading. I though nothing if it. I really didn't think it was going to work anyways. So after I got out of the shower i was stunned! My hair was actually lighter then my natural hair color! This product is freaking amazing! The smell is bad but some people here exaggerated. And the smell does linger a little bit after you rinse your hair. But its all worth it. I am totally buying this again!... By the way i used the EXTRA STRENGTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Dustylove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Girls, this is a fantastic product. I dyed my hair "Dark Blonde" permanent color two weeks ago in an attempt to even out my past-shoulder length, fine hair, which was 1) dark brown/greyish roots, and 2) the rest an overbleached and many-colored blondes and light browns, all dull.
The result was too dark and very ashy. Also no shine.
I bought the Color Oops after reading all reviews and cautions (thanks everyone!).
I did exactly as instructed, including rinsing the full 20 minutes, 2nd shampoo, and rinsing another 5.
Then I deep conditioned, put on shower cap and towel, and waited 1 hour.
Rinsed out and air-dried.

My hair has NEVER LOOKED BETTER! It is a beautiful light golden blonde, curly and shiny. I feel like Taylor Swift!!! :+)

Altthough I plan to get that protein filler others recommended for next time I wash my hair just to strengthen it, I will leave it alone. It is glorious! I highly recommend Color Oops.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarieee

This product saved my hair! I dyed it with natural instincts semi permanent dark brown and it came out JET BLACK. I looked like a witch. My hair was literally dark as night. I tried hot oil treatments and all that jazz and it barely faded. So I decided to use color oops and I'm so thankful I did. It left me with a natural chestnut color. I was worried it was gonna be orange but it's not! The product doesn't even smell bad like people say.. at first I was like hey this smells good! Because it smelled very fruity.. but once I started applying it the smell kicked in. It doesn't smell like rotten eggs, more like car exhaust fumes. The smell does linger a tiny bit but it'll go away after you shower. It left my hair drier than usual obviously but it's not damaged. Overall I'm very pleased with this product and i'm so glad my hair isn't ugly black anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LikeABeast

I don't know if I got an outdated product or something but when my friends and I first started mixing it it kept bubbling up in the bottle. When we finally got around to putting it in my hair it smelt like dead whale ass, i'm not exaggerating this either, IT FUCKING SMELT SO BAD. I would have rather stuck my nose in a pile of dog shit than smell this again, it was the worst 20 minutes of my life or how ever long it was in my hair, even my dog was covering her nose from the stench. The product didn't even work it didn't lighten my hair at all. I sat there for 10 minutes washing my hair, I ended up using the entire bottle of shampoo and my hair still smelled like shit. My hair smelled horrid for about 2 weeks. I will never buy this product again. good day sirs.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

This really does work, in my experience. I bought it when I first started dying my hair black - The very first black dye I used did not turn out very pretty, and my hair looked very inky and dull. I bought a box of this, which was very inexpensive at the drugstore, and used it to remove the original black color. Let me tell you that it does smell absolutely disgusting. I was coughing and gagging in my bathroom and had to go outside for some of the process. It lifted the black right off my hair. My natural color is a dark auburn, but by the time the Color Oops was done setting, my roots were a yellow-blonde color and my roots were red-orange. Freaky! You then have to stand in the shower and wash your hair for forty-five minutes, no exaggeration. I will be honest and say that the process was miserable. However, once I had washed it out of my hair, I waited a few hours for it to dry and then applied the new color. It came out beautifully in the end, and my hair didn't feel too damaged even after being dyed, stripped, and dyed again within two days. I didn't have a problem with the dark color returning, but then again, I was dying my hair black. Not a fun thing to do, but if you ever find yourself hating the new color on your hair, this is an effective product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by asj6459

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A little history on my hair. I'm 52 with heavy white around my face and dark blonde/white mix throughout the rest of my head. It hits a bit below my shoulder blades and I've been having highlights (bleached) and lowlights professionally done for a number of years. This past fall, on a whim, I decided to go red. I used a permanent drugstore brand hair dye. I stayed red, going to my stylist until last month. Then I decided I wanted to go back to blonde for the summer. My stylist was less than enthusiastic, and actually started tearing up when I told her. She was afraid my hair would melt when she did highlights on top of "hidden" highlights. So, I decided to fix it myself. LOL!! I started by using a green based light blonde Clairol permanent dye. The highlighted portions of my hair, though hidden under red, sucked up that dye and I was left with warm brown hair with hideously dark, almost black streaks all around my face! Yikes! I read up on Color Oops and decided to give it a try. I bought the extra strength. I fully expected to be bowled over by the noxious smell, based upon what I had read here, but I have to say the smell was not nearly as bad as I expected. Yeah, it wasn't roses, but it didn't bother me and didn't linger in my hair past a couple of shampoos. I DID the strand test and the 24 hour skin patch test, to be sure A) my hair wouldn't melt and B) I wasn't allergic to the chemicals. The strand test didn't lighten as much as I would like, but my hair seemed in decent condition afterwards, so I proceeded. I left it on for the recommended 20 minutes and then shampooed twice and rinsed for 25 minutes. I then shampooed again and rinsed another 5. While it definitely lightened my hair overall, it certainly did not remove all the color. The previously black streaks were now a darker brown, and the rest of my hair lightened to a light reddish brown. I then applied Joico Kpak Reconstructive Conditioner to my towel dried hair and covered with a plastic cap. I slept in it overnight. The next morning, my hair felt soft and healthy. I don't believe the Color Oops did any damage at all. The next weekend, I went to a new stylist (my old one still doesn't want to touch my hair, LOL) and she did heavy highlights. She said my hair seemed to be in great condition. While Color Oops did not remove all of the layers of hair color, it did lighten the most recent color quite a bit. All in all I was pretty happy with it and would definitely use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by xXkristinagraceXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful. Just ridiculously awful. It was about 5 bucks. So not a bad price. But it smells so bad. Like a sewer or a nasty fart. I thought it was lightening my hair. Through the cap i could see it was blonde again. After getting out of the shower and letting it dry, it went straight back to dark brown. Half a shade lighter at the most. Not pleased at all. I would never recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by alexxkayy

Okay so I had black hair, and i wanted a normal lighter brown color. I used this product because I saw everyone raving about it on utube saying its better for your hair blah blah. SO I decide to buy it, 12 bucks so I'm thinking "I could buy stripper at the beauty supply across the street for less.." but everyone said it was good so I got it. Read the directions carefully did everything it said THE SMELL OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! It smells like sewage and hardboiled eggs and farts. Its horrendous. Had my mom put it on my hair left it there for 20 minutes like the box said. Rinsed it out shampooed my hair literally 6 times. IT STILL SMELT LIKE CRAP!!!! My hair is now a very dark brown almost black still. This product hardly did anything and FRIED MY HAIR. the ends are SO dry I might as well have bleached it and gotten the same amount of damage with a lighter color like I wanted. Its been 3 days and Iv washed my hair twice and it STILL SMELLS LIKE A ROASTED FART!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by vlullyot

first off, i got this at shoppers and it was suuuper pricey! (45 dollars for two boxes!!!) but all in all it was worth it. my hair used to be bright red, until i dyed over it with "dark brown" hair colour that actually turned my hair JET black. it looked terrible! i was desperate to fix it so i decided to try this (bleach probably would have killed my hair). i followed the directions perfectly and rinsed for around 35 minutes. my hair is now a lovely dark/medium brown with some red undertones!! sadly i do have a few weird reddish/orange streaks but that was my own fault in the first place for not covering all my hair with the brown dye. altogether though, this saved my hair!! it is not damaged AT ALL, and i know a lot of people complain about the smell but seriously, suck it up. it does linger and it does smell rotten, but it's really not that bad. THANK YOUU COLOR OOPS!