April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Beach Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by oysterriver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift with purchase -- luckily for me, as I never would have chosen this. I never wear cream shadows as they just don't last. What a surprise! This is great, great stuff. It's nowhere near as shimmery on as it is in the container. It's just a subtle shimmer. The color is very soft and looks great with just about any of the BB gel eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beach Honey color wise is very similar to BB's Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow powder in Champagne. A soft beigey gold with a hint of peach, rather neutral without too much yellow. This is very important to me as I have a cool/neutral complexion so yellow does not look good on me. I use Beach Honey on my lids to lighten up the eye area and it makes the color of my grey green eyes stand out nicely. I apply the BB cream e/s with my fingers and it applies very evenly that way, whereas I experienced some crepiness after using the BB Cream e/s brush. Beach Honey looks great with a variety of eyeliners, I especially like the combo with BB's Ivy Shimmer. Staying power is terrific on my medium oily lids, just like the other BB Cream e/s I have tried so far. I find this product to be a real time saver for super busy mornings when I only have minutes for applying makeup. I just dab it on, line with a gel e/l and I'm done with my eyes, BB Brow Shaper, some BB Pot Rouge and lipstick - and I'm out the door in less than 10 minutes. But most of all, I can rest assured that everything stays on until I'm ready to take it off before bedtime. Fabulous! Price: $22 and I won't run out anytime soon because a little goes a long way. Elegant packaging as expected with BB, I also had no problems so far with product drying out in the little glass pot. If I do run out, a definite repurchase for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by covetous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrific staying power, this is a lovely neutral peachy gold that looks great with a tan. I am a bit suspicious about the packaging though - the little glass pot is really dinky and gratifyingly heavy, but I think it's going to get annoying once I get towards the bottom...
It's a fab holiday product because you can use it as a highlighter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:34:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

this is my second creamy, my first was sand dollar. was searching for a eye lightning color which complement my eyecolor. on my lids it looks more peach, but doesnt matter, wanted a color which is similar to Artdeco No.372. Beach Honey is a tad darker. Its a very nice highlighting color and a perfect eye shadow base. Stayes on and on and one... Perfect. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting this forever and finally was able to swap for it. It didn't disappoint. It's currently my favorite cream shadow! Colorwise it's similar to Stila Honey shadow pot and Clinique Touch Tint in Nude Sparkle, but definitely more of a true champagne than either, making it an excellent goes-with-anything color on my NC20 skin. Texturewise it's pretty much identical to Shiseido's Hydropowders, which I love - sheer but long-lasting and easy to blend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

*sigh* I hate to be the lone dissenter, but I found that this product did not work for me. Although it showed up a bit better for me over the Bellini shade from the same line, It was a tad too silvery for my NW 25-27 skin tone and a bit too shimmery for my sheer-sheen-seeking tastes. It also creased on me a few hours into the wearing. Other attributes/cons: the packaging is simple and tasteful, the texture is creamy and luxe feeling, the price expensive (but no more so than anything else I'd consider). Although I love the feel of it on (non-greasy) I still haven't found the perfect color match for me in these. I would still recommend them to be tried as they are a good (not great, not terrible) formula, they just haven't worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Lutskis1

LOVE. I have been searching for quite a while for the perfect natural eye shadow to give my eyes a kick...or shall I say glow, that most of us seek. This is hands down simply amazing. It glides on easily and smoothly (I just use my finger...just make sure it's clean going into the pot!) and put it right on my eyelid. Last power is great...sometimes at the end of the day there is some slight creasing, but certainly nothing to complain about. I also bought the same cream shadow in beach bronze, which I am loving as a touch on the outer part of my lids...adds some depth but still not too noticeable. I use this along with Bobbi's gel eyeliner in violet ink and it's a great look. For reference, I have lightly tanned olive skin, green eyes and brown hair with golden highlights. Great product that I will definitely buy again...I can see wearing this year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by AbbyDodson

Love this! I can wear it alone or under my Beach Bronze shadow-both ways are beautiful! I apply it with my finger, not the brush, tho I will prolly buy a brush to try it out. I highly reccommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bewestrich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great new summer color of BB's cream shadows. Gorgeous beige-golden-peach color.
Looks very shimmery in the container, but absolutely great on lids.
Brightens up immediately and looks great with a tan. Easy to apply, can be used for a quick, natural and polished look.
I like the glass container of the creamies very much, they do look very elegant and expensive.
Applies best with the cream blending brush (originally made for her eye brightener).
One single complaint: it does crease a little bit at the end of the day, I think it shouldn't as it is supposed to be "long-wearing".
Definitely would buy again.