December 18, 2014 | 1740 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bravenewworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo just didn't work for me. I have very thin, wavy hair so it's difficult to find products that don't weigh it down and while this stuff was fairly light and smells great, it did horrible things to my hair. After one use, my hair was falling out far more than usual and even after giving it several days to adjust, it was still coming out it clumps. Furthermore, it made my hair really, really dry and super flyaway. After about two weeks, I had to stop using it entirely (which is annoying, considering how expensive such a little bottle is). I'm sure this product works for some people but if your hair starts falling out, then don't bother to keep using it - it probably won't get better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by flyingwings

I have been using this shampoo for several months. I have horrible dermatitis on my scalp that is made worse by most shampoos (think chemical burn). Since Avalon Organics changed their ingredients, I had to look for a new shampoo that kept my scalp cleared up. This is much less irritating than the vast majority of shampoos, but it isn't perfect as I still get a bit scaly on my scalp. I have noticed that this shampoo with prolonged use has brought the waves in my hair out and made them pleasantly tame. It smells awesome when you are in the shower, but the smell fades fairly quickly as it dries. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. (It doesn't lather the same way as a regular shampoo. I kind of put some in, partially rinse my hair to work it through and put a little more in.) It does dry out your hair, so be sure to use conditioner (if you can, I can't). It also makes my hair look a little dull (not a lot duller, but noticeably not as shiny). I didn't notice it volumizing my hair at first, but after a couple of weeks of use, my hair is definitely fluffier. Several people have told me that my hair looks nice since I started using this, and that wasn't a compliment that I got much before, so it must be doing something right.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i bought this because i liked the fact it was sulphate free - but that means it doesn't lather as easily so its a bit more difficult to clean your hair though properly. i also thought it was a bit pricey - but smells great! wouldn't buy it again mostly because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by biometal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry but I was super disappointed with this! It smells beautiful, but is extremely drying. I used it about 3 times in a row, trying to be fair. I think I should have stopped the very first time because I have damaged my hair as a result.

Other users have had a positive experience, so I don't want to change anyone's mind but I can't say it did me any good.I do have very chemically treated hair, which may be a type that doesn't benefit from the ingredients - who knows. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by debzel

The best thing about this shampoo is the smell. I have used organic silica free shampoos before but this is the first time my hair has ended up dry, limp and dull as a result. It was clean but it didn't look great. The instant I changed back to my regular organic DeLorenzo shampoo, my hair was bouncy and shiny again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! My hair type is Asian, healthy, long, lacking in volume, straight, and often a bit oily at the scalp. For me, this shampoo lathers fairly well--it's just that the bubbles are tiny--but lack of lathering doesn't bother me. A lot of other reviewers said this dries out their hair but I actually don't even need to use a conditioner and it's winter so the weather is dry and windy! It makes my hair feel very clean with absolutely no build up so my hair has some body. Also, this shampoo has made my scalp the healthiest it has ever been! As long as I can remember, I've been prone to a few tiny pimples on my scalp but I think it's been conquered. As a note, I've been using all natural products for a year and, up until now, none of them solved the issue.

I wish the fragrance was 100% natural but the actual scent doesn't smell bad.......or particularly great. It smells like fresh pomegranate plus something slightly off. If only they used this formula with natural jasmine! Anyway, the scent doesn't linger in your hair so it doesn't matter toooo much.

The packaging could also be classier. I wish it were a more sophisticated minimalist bottle - maybe a rectangular prism with a pump. I'm not saying it's currently bad but updated packaging would make Burt's Bees so much more luxe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo!
The smell is unreal (in a good way, haha), and it definitely has put some good bounce and shine into my locks.
I would agree with others in that it can be drying, but since I use spray in conditioner after I wash, I find it balances out nicely.
I have not yet used the conditioner, but so far the shampoo is holding up nicely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for my daughter who has eczema and we thought this might work as it is suppossed to be great for skin. Since it did not work for her, I moved it to my bathroom thinking it would be great for my hair.

Nothing, nada,....It does not rinse easily and feels like there is some kind of film still on my hair. Disappointed. It does nothing and worse makes me feel like I still need to wash my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

I've used this product a few times now and with a normal conditioner. I don't feel that it has put any extra volume in my hair. It smells better in the bottle than when squeezed out too. Disappointed and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product as the most heavenly smell in the world! i have no idea why someone wouldn't absoluotly love it!! when i first got i would just sit there smelling it, and a more subtle version remains in your hair long after washing. it leaves my hair so naturaly soft and light with healthy body, nothing weighing it down. would and deffinatly will repurchase. :)