August 22, 2014 | 1059 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These brushes are amazing for a dollar and worth every penny. Great for smaller eyelids and also can be used to smudge in a pinch. I have a few of these and the studio "c" brush and I love both equally, they each have their place and can easily be cleaned. If you don't wear eyeshadow a lot you can easily buy a few of these and not need much else, but even if you wear only HE makeup these are great. My only complaint is that they are so popular that they are never in stock in the few local stores that sell them, I have tried to buy extras to give as gifts and they are never there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OH YEAH.

THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING.

It works well with a bunch of different brands of eyeshadows. If you clean it regularly like you should, it's simple enough to clean. The bristles are soft, though I did bump down the score a bit because there is some shedding. However, it's not that bad, even if I wanted to get a new one anyway it'd be a dollar out of my pocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hanknelmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush works well, but is so scratchy I would almost call it painful to use on the eyelid. I have not noticed shedding, but will end up throwing this away because I can't tolerate the scratchy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I did not think there was any way I'd like this better than Elf's Studio "C" Brush, but I do. I have hooded eyes, so I need smaller brushes. This is noticeably shorter and narrower than the "C", which is great for me. Other than fitting into the tighter space of my eyelid, it acts exactly as the "C" does: picks up just enough product, packs color on well, dense but not stiff, soft but not too floppy.

This sounds crazy, but I've never had an Elf brush shed on me, and this one's no exception. (What's weird is that I've pretty much NEVER had a brush shed more than 2 hairs or so. It makes wonder, Am I doing something wrong or do I have really awesome brush karma?) It's a simple tool with no bells and whistles and it does exactly what it's supposed to do and does it well. And it's $1.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe it's because I ordered it online instead of going to my Target or something, but this brush... holy cow does it shed.

Every elf brush I actually bought at a store? Amazing. No shedding, super soft, etc etc. This one I ordered online? Sheds like mad. As soon as I opened it out of the package, it started shedding. I also noticed a powder-like thing that flew off every time I passed my finger through the brush. Of course, probably dust from production or something, but I never notice this kind of things at the store itself. Doesn't matter either way, I always wash my brushes before using them because who knows who has been handling them... I don't want any of that stuff on my eyes! BUT, on the bright side, it still is incredibly soft and picks up product really well.

I'm not going to complain much about the brush shedding, because it was $1. For that price, I'll get another one once this one seems to run out of bristles... Which it will probably stop shedding soon either way.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by khrmyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good brush, densely packed bristles, has a soft feel, picks up a good amount of product, packs on color on the eyelid well, the handle is a nice pearly white & the ferrule is stable. Would suggest to anyone who wants a good basic eye shadow brush. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a fine brush. Especially for the price as it's only $1! It packs on color pretty well, isn't scratchy, and seems to wash well. However, I find it's too small, and I even have small eyelids. I like the Studio "C" eyeshadow brush better and that one is only $3. But this is a good back-up one because I didn't really want to spend $3 for a back-up (I'm a college student...)
P.S.- As it's so small and flat, you can pretty easily smudge eyeshadow on the lower lashline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is great! It's gets the job done! I've had my Elf eyeshadow brush for at least 5 years & it's still going strong! I use it every single day and it's never broke or shed at all. I use this brush for a number of different things. I really like it for packing the color on! I actually read a review down below where someone complained that its to stiff..lol. It's slightly stiff but just probably more dense, which is perfect for packing on color! I love this brush! I have no complaints and it was so worth the dollar I paid for it! This brush does exactly what my Sigma & Mac brushes do but better IMO. Five years and counting.. It's my lucky brush! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I have 2 of these brushes. One was bought about 3 years ago (still in great condition), and one I got in a kit this Christmas. The older one is much denser and has a shorter handle. Regardless, both of them work wonderfully, especially for only being one dollar! Everyone needs one (or more) of these. Don't waste your money on expensive eyeshadow brushes when you can get this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nothing but good things to say about e.l.f.'s eyeshadow brushes. They work well to apply shadows and they get the job done. Plus, the brush only costs a dollar!!! For that reason I have many of them. Go get 10!!!