October 31, 2014 | 1693 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion Light/Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

used to use and love bb self tanners for years, but then suddenly they were too hard to find and i began using gradual st's. this summer i wanted less work than applying something almost daily with little color payoff. i went and got lancome's flash bronzer cause it was what i would buy when i wanted to splurge on something high end. something in it has changed and all that money wasted, its horrible in every way on me now.
week later i saw a bunch of bb st's at a dollar store, mousse and lotion. they have the older orangey packaging, not the newer brown but they didn't smell funky so i got them. they are everything flash bronzer no longer is! just nice tan color without streaking, wears off evenly and should you want to remove it before it fades, just scrub with coconut oil and it will be gone. no taking off patches of skin with ya! also, very hard for me to get nice even color on my
decolletage area. for some reason its always splotchy with st but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by shebabe84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this @ Wal-Mart for like $6 I was so excited to try it! I applied it evenly all over my body and within a few hours it did look like I had a nice tan, when you first put it on the smell isnít too bad but once the tan sets in the smell gets stronger but not overwhelming. The color was a nice brownish/gold not orange at all to me. The only thing I hate about this product is that it washes off way to easily! Whenever I would wash my hands I would get streaks on my arms where the water took off the product! I have only used this once so far, I did exfoliate when I showered so I had no streaking after showering although if I didnít exfoliate I know I would have streaks after seeing what happens when I wash my hands. Im gonna give it another go and see what happens when I apply it on a regular bascis and I will write a update when I do.

Overall Proís & Cons

Proís
*nice natural golden brown color
*I can handle the smell
*with one application it was a pretty even color

Conís
*washes off very easily! Tip: when washing ur hands try not to get your wrist or top of hands wet.
*you have to exfoliate while in the shower or you Will get STREAKS!!!
*the smell intensifies once tan appears in 2-3 hours
*Tan dosnt last long because you have to take a shower @ some point then it comes off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

****UPDATE****
This is very splotchy for the face. Unless I have make up on to even it out, it's very splotchy in color. I really do like it though, but it's not amazing. I just need color in my face. Unless you wear make up every day I don't suggest this for girls who go bare faced - you'll be able to tell it's self tanner. :/ Decent product, and it doesn't have that nasty self tanning odor. it smells good like most banana boat products - but it's definitely a $6 product. I haven't applied it on my body so I don't know how it would look if I did but as a facial tanner this is just OK. I'll use it as a pick me up until I purchase St Tropez, which I will expect better results.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just purchased this at Wal Mart for $6. I've been a bit pasty since it's wintertime and normally I go tanning at the tanning salon, but I refuse to use anything but the most expensive bed (it has less than 1% UVA/UVB rays) and it gives you the deepest, darkest most natural looking tan. It's $80 a month and I can't afford it right now. I'm Native American & Mexican so I tan very easily and get very dark. But I'm also French and German so I also am fair skinned, but I grew up in California and have olive/yellow golden undertones and normally I am very tan. I moved to Seattle 2 years ago and since then I've been pretty pasty haha cause there isn't much sunshine here.

I've really been dying to try St Tropez Tanning Mousse but it's $40 and I'm a student who doesn't make much money. So as an alternative to St Tropez I've been using this. I don't really care about tanning my body because naturally my body is at least 2-3 shades darker than my face due to exfoliation/washing/etc. So I need a self tanner to even things out. I'm really impressed with this. Naturally, I don't really turn orange with self tanners and bronzers and this doesn't really do that. I've only used this once and it has really good results...but it fades within a couple of days (I exfoliate usually everyday or every other day) and my best friend noticed my face looked more bronze. This isn't completely an even tan - there is a tiny bit of splotchiness but for a $6 drugstore brand the results are very impressive. I wear make up everyday regardless, so it evens it out perfectly. I'm going to put it on tonight...I'll update with my results within a week or two, but so far so good. I'll probably use this until it runs out and save up some money for St Tropez. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by redhotmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lotion is tinted so it makes it easy to see where you missed on your body. It also gives you a natural looking tan that lasts for several days. The only problem I had with this lotion is that it comes off when you shower or bathe.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by atomicemmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm tossing out the rest of this. Yuck - my skin is covered in large tan patches now! I applied it really carefully and it IS tinted - that helps. I can't wait for the last of it to wear off now... I'm going back to Lancome or L'Oreal self-tanners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by settodestruct

I think this product does make me have really really nice tinted legs with just one coat however the smell is so horrible I can't stand it at all and need to take a bath right after I use it completely lessening the tan. if you can get over the smell then I can see this product working for some people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't stink - at least not with the first coat. Applying a 2nd coat, you get some of that icky self-tanner odor. That's a problem because you can't get color at all in one application. All I got was a yellow cast which was really unpleasant in sunlight. The 2nd coat helped a little but it took an application of Queen Helene Cocoa Glow to bring out a tan. UPDATE - After reading other Banana Boat reviews, I have to wonder if this is a new or different formula (it's in a yellow, red and orange tube) because I still can't get decent results without using another tanner with this one. BUT, I did get nice color when I used it over Fruit of the Earth self-tanner (which doesn't work by itself).