Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion Light/Medium

3.6

on 4/5/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this @ Wal-Mart for like $6 I was so excited to try it! I applied it evenly all over my body and within a few hours it did look like I had a nice tan, when you first put it on the smell isnít too bad but once the tan sets in the smell gets stronger but not overwhelming. The color was a nice brownish/gold not orange at all to me. The only thing I hate about this product is that it washes off way to easily! Whenever I would wash my hands I would get streaks on my arms where the water took off the product! I have only used this once so far, I did exfoliate when I showered so I had no streaking after showering although if I didnít exfoliate I know I would have streaks after seeing what happens when I wash my hands. Im gonna give it another go and see what happens when I apply it on a regular bascis and I will write a update when I do.

Overall Proís & Cons

Proís
*nice natural golden brown color
*I can handle the smell
*with one application it was a pretty even color

Conís
*washes off very easily! Tip: when washing ur hands try not to get your wrist or top of hands wet.
*you have to exfoliate while in the shower or you Will get STREAKS!!!
*the smell intensifies once tan appears in 2-3 hours
*Tan dosnt last long because you have to take a shower @ some point then it comes off.

on 10/24/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

****UPDATE****
This is very splotchy for the face. Unless I have make up on to even it out, it's very splotchy in color. I really do like it though, but it's not amazing. I just need color in my face. Unless you wear make up every day I don't suggest this for girls who go bare faced - you'll be able to tell it's self tanner. :/ Decent product, and it doesn't have that nasty self tanning odor. it smells good like most banana boat products - but it's definitely a $6 product. I haven't applied it on my body so I don't know how it would look if I did but as a facial tanner this is just OK. I'll use it as a pick me up until I purchase St Tropez, which I will expect better results.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just purchased this at Wal Mart for $6. I've been a bit pasty since it's wintertime and normally I go tanning at the tanning salon, but I refuse to use anything but the most expensive bed (it has less than 1% UVA/UVB rays) and it gives you the deepest, darkest most natural looking tan. It's $80 a month and I can't afford it right now. I'm Native American & Mexican so I tan very easily and get very dark. But I'm also French and German so I also am fair skinned, but I grew up in California and have olive/yellow golden undertones and normally I am very tan. I moved to Seattle 2 years ago and since then I've been pretty pasty haha cause there isn't much sunshine here.

I've really been dying to try St Tropez Tanning Mousse but it's $40 and I'm a student who doesn't make much money. So as an alternative to St Tropez I've been using this. I don't really care about tanning my body because naturally my body is at least 2-3 shades darker than my face due to exfoliation/washing/etc. So I need a self tanner to even things out. I'm really impressed with this. Naturally, I don't really turn orange with self tanners and bronzers and this doesn't really do that. I've only used this once and it has really good results...but it fades within a couple of days (I exfoliate usually everyday or every other day) and my best friend noticed my face looked more bronze. This isn't completely an even tan - there is a tiny bit of splotchiness but for a $6 drugstore brand the results are very impressive. I wear make up everyday regardless, so it evens it out perfectly. I'm going to put it on tonight...I'll update with my results within a week or two, but so far so good. I'll probably use this until it runs out and save up some money for St Tropez. :)

on 4/25/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lotion is tinted so it makes it easy to see where you missed on your body. It also gives you a natural looking tan that lasts for several days. The only problem I had with this lotion is that it comes off when you shower or bathe.

on 5/26/2008 12:45:00 AM

I'm tossing out the rest of this. Yuck - my skin is covered in large tan patches now! I applied it really carefully and it IS tinted - that helps. I can't wait for the last of it to wear off now... I'm going back to Lancome or L'Oreal self-tanners.

on 12/15/2007 2:37:00 AM

I think this product does make me have really really nice tinted legs with just one coat however the smell is so horrible I can't stand it at all and need to take a bath right after I use it completely lessening the tan. if you can get over the smell then I can see this product working for some people.

on 6/3/2007 5:18:00 PM

The best thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't stink - at least not with the first coat. Applying a 2nd coat, you get some of that icky self-tanner odor. That's a problem because you can't get color at all in one application. All I got was a yellow cast which was really unpleasant in sunlight. The 2nd coat helped a little but it took an application of Queen Helene Cocoa Glow to bring out a tan. UPDATE - After reading other Banana Boat reviews, I have to wonder if this is a new or different formula (it's in a yellow, red and orange tube) because I still can't get decent results without using another tanner with this one. BUT, I did get nice color when I used it over Fruit of the Earth self-tanner (which doesn't work by itself).