Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Espresso

4.5

on 9/28/2010 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this. Yes, it's expensive, but when I look at the shoebox full of drugstore eyeliners I've purchased over the years-- every one of which I ended up tossing in there, un-used -- it actually makes more sense to me to spend good money on a good product. I will definitely repurchase. The espresso color is definitely a black-brown, so if you're unsure whether to get this or the black, I'd say you don't need to worry that this will look too light. For me, it gives me the same look I'd get from my standard black eyeliner but without looking so harsh. Perfect! Most importantly, I bought this because I was having terrible issues with smudging and smearing by the end of the day with all other eyeliners (due to oily lids) and this WORKS. No, I don't look picture-perfect at the end of the day, but I can honestly say there are no dark smudges under my eyes. I'm a drugstore girl at heart, but I think I've just turned Chanel!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A really nice, very rich, dark brown. Simple and elegant. I have dark brown eyes, and some browns can look just kinda blah on me. This almost looks black, but adds a warmth that black never could.

I used to think that brown eyes shouldn't wear brown makeup. But I read an interview with Cindy Crawford who said brown can really bring out the warmth and richness of dark eyes and now I'm a total convert.

It's my go-to eyeliner every day, worn with Maybelline Great lash in dark brown. Also I love it with YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils in Burgundy.

The only con is its ridiculously expensive.

on 7/23/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a pricey eyeliner, but I have such a hard time finding good eyeliners that I feel itís worth the investment. I have oily skin and very oily eyelids. Midday, no matter what products Iím using, I have to use oil-blotting sheets on my eyes. I had been using Make Up For Everís Pearly Brown 2L for years, but was never 100% happy with the color Ė I wished it was a black-brown. I knew about Chanelís eyeliner and after testing the color at the counter I made the plunge and bought it. I love it! The color is richly-pigmented and it stays put! It doesnít smear with my oily lids, no does it smear underneath my eyes (my Asian eyes have folds underneath the eyes where typical eyeliner collects). I like that it winds up and down and has a built-in sharpener, which is easy to use. I am using this everyday and will have to replace it sooner than Iíd like, but it is worth it and Iíll buy it again!

on 7/18/2010 4:41:00 PM

Love it. Stays put on my oily eyelids, even in humid conditions. I'd describe the color as medium brown--not really expresso on me. Also, I can't get a super fine line with it, but I still love it because most eyeliners wind up smudged up mess on me.

on 7/4/2010 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PRODUCT. I've been using it for at least 5 years now and I couldn't imagine using anything else. I ran out and didn't have time to get new so I was using a cheap drugstore eyeliner for a while and nothing could compare. Black is a little too harsh for me but this color is perfect. My only negative comment is that it doesn't line the top very smoothly but I can easily work around that. BEST PRODUCT!!

on 3/22/2010 12:49:00 PM

This is my go-to eyeliner! It stays on great.

The other day I put it on at 8:00 AM, worked a full day, worked out, went to an appointment, went to the movies, and went grocery shopping. I got home at midnight and it still looked great! Amazing!

The color is really nice, too. It defines nicely and goes with everything.

on 11/22/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got tired of using gel eyeliners, but I didn't want to go back to pencils because they usually don't last on my eyes for more than a couple of hours. My friend told me about these pencils, so I thought I'd give them a try. They're easier to apply than the gels and they last all day! Espresso is a dark brown (almost black) with just a hint of shimmer. Perfect for my blue eyes!

on 8/22/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this eyeliner... I have extremely oily eyelids and this is the best long wearing eyeliner I have found yet -- and I have tried many... (lancome, MUFE, revlon colorstay, BB gel eyeliner). I use it in conjunction with my UDPP. I find it easy to use when I am half asleep in the morning, and the fact that it doesn't require sharpening is an added bonus. Although quite expensive - around $30 cdn., it is after all Chanel, but in this case you get what you pay for - which is an excellent, long wearing, no-fuss eyeliner. I will continue to re-purchase.

NOTE: If you find it tugging to much when you apply it, just warm the tip up between your fingers for a few seconds prior - it makes it glide a bit easier....:)

on 8/1/2009 9:21:00 PM

This is the eyeliner I use everyday! It's dark chocolate brown and looks less harsh than black eyeliners. It gives a soft definition to your eyes and is quite pretty for all skin types. It is extremely easy to use, although the staying power isn't as great as the Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Celadon for some reason ....

After almost daily use for 8 months I am nearly out of this product, I'll be making a visit to my Chanel counter very soon :)

on 6/14/2009 7:00:00 PM

I love this liner. I've tried soooo many different eyeliners and all smudged/burned/didn't last. This liner is great! Well worth the money, just repurchased. =)