September 30, 2014 | 1928 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Mntgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Laura Mercier for the last 2 years, got this after reading reviews on this site and not wanting to spend another $30 on TM....well I'm a believer, I will never go back. Got it on Amazon for $12, med. color and I love it. It's perfect in every way, It's a heavier cream than LM which is not a bad thing....I feel I get great coverage without having to use a foundation. Love the tube, if you were fair I would think the med. would be too dark. Give it a try for the price you can't beat it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by NicMurray85

Love this product, it goes on easy, lasts for ages and is undetectable. My only problem is the shades, im quite fair but I feel the light gives me a pale look and Ive had comments that I look pale which isnt great for a tinted product. However I still give this a 4/5 because everything else is superb and I havent tried other colours so I cant complain too much. I shall be trying the light/medium next time tho.
This did break me out when I first started using it but I gave it rest and tried it a few more times and its stopped breaking me out so my skin must be used to it now.
If anyone has any tips on the best shade please message me. Top product

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this TM very much! It's probably the best one I've tried yet. It is lightweight, so you don't feel it on your skin at all. It's also somewhat opaque, therefore it lends a little more coverage than your average TM. The consistency is perfect as it's not too watery nor is it too thick. It gives me a healthy glow without making me look like a greaseball. I have pretty good skin overall, but I get the occasional hormonal pimple. While this won't cover up blemishes, it certainly covers up any minor discolorations. The packaging is a squeeze tube, so it stays sanitary. I use my fingers to apply, as I do with all TM's simply b/c they tend to be thinner and brushes seem to eat up most of your product. I love the end result! The only con is the smell. I can't describe it, but I do not like it at all! This is my first tube, so I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what. I took a lippie off for that. If my next bottle smells better, I will change my review. Good news is, the smell dissipates quickly.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really hate this. Plus it's a drugstore product so it can't be returned. Huge waste of money.

I had a really bad reaction to this tm. Thought it would be fine, that the Canadian version would be different since the SPF is blacked out on the packaging but it's not. Keep in mind that I'm horrifically sensitive to chemical sunscreen and this is loaded with it. My skin's reaction is not typical.

I could go ahead and describe the near suffocating, blistering dermatitic reaction but enough said really. If you're sensitive to sunscreen, avoid this like the freaking plague.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have super dry skin and all types of foundation turn to make my skin look cakey, even bb cream and TM. The first TM I bought was from Laura Mercier and it was cakey and highlights all the dry patches on my face, it was horrible and made me terrified from all TMs. So I was skipping all the foundation steps and only do some touchups using my bobbi brown foundation stick which I also find too dry for me. I had great experience using the balm and after reading all the glory reviews about this TM I thought to give it a try. After putting it on at the counter I immediately fell in love with my skin. This feels like a layer of silk on top of skin, makes my skin feels super luxurious! I also love the adorable packagings from Thebalm, they just light up my day when I'm doing my makeup. BalmShelter is hands down another HD product from thebalm!

PS: It is tinted moisturizer so it doesn't provide much of coverage, I won't recommend it for problem skins.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many, many TMs and this one is the best without a doubt. It covers well, but is light. I'm between an NC25 and an NC30 with an olive-warm undertone. The light shade is a great match. This stuff wears well, isn't greasy, and doesn't cause breakouts. Unlike Laura Mercier's TM, this one protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. I'm on my 3rd tube already this year. It's part of my daily routine. HG status, for sure.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jessmarie215015

Highly recommended. I was sold on Laura Mercier and then decided to give this a try. This is better quality, more product, half of the price. This line will grow! Love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

4.5 stars

I used to have to wear full coverage foundation everywhere but now my skin is starting to improve i wanted something lighter to wear when going to the gym/running errands etc. This have a lovely dewey finish and actually has a really nice coverage. i put a thin layer all over and do a spot treatment on my cheeks for some acne scarring. It looks like your own skin but better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by icefemme

This is a good product, I use it during the day and into the evening my face still looks healthy, this will be my favorite product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It's light, weightless, leaves my skin feeling almost as though no product is on it, and helps to reduce how large my pores look and cover minor blemishes. Unlike foundation, TM does not cling to dry patches of skin, and actually helps to soften skin through the moisturising properties. I do wear moisturiser under this as I don't feel it's quite moisturising enough to wear on its own.
It's almost a one stop product, though I do like to use a light dusting of mineral makeup over the top to set it and provide extra coverage if I need it.
It blends well into my skin. Most foundation I've tried turns my skin yellow or orange, fake looking. The coverage on this is so light it doesn't leave my skin looking fake or made up, which is important to me.
The price was fair, $34AUD and seems reasonable for the product, cheaper than high end products but performing closer to those than to the lower end products.
I would recommend to anyone looking to even out skin tone but who don't want very much coverage, but want to cover pores. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No