December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really glad I found this tinted moisturizer because it's exactly what I've been looking for.

To start off with I have super dry cheeks that can't handle foundation without looking flakey and unnatural upon closer inspection. Because of this the first thing I look at is how natural a product looks on my face. I've only used one other tinted moisturizer before this one and it was Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer (not the oil free one) and the coverage wasn't heavy enough and it made my skin look drier, not to mention the price of it, so I ended swapping that one out of my collection.

With TheBalm's tinted moisturizer I'm just so happy. The coverage is sheer to light. I have red cheeks with spots and it covers a lot of the redness but the spots are still there (I expect this from a tinted moisturizer). The key thing is it looks so darn natural! I can pat it in and nothing will flake up on my face. With this and some concealer I'm good to go.

My colour's around nc25 and I use a mixture of light and light/medium, but lean more towards light.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product, love love love!!! I have in medium, and it's perfectly match my skin (lucky me, I bought it online btw). I love the texture, very easy to blend (using hand or brush), and make my face looks great whereas it's light/sheer coverage with a lil' bit dewy. You can also make it looks matte, just apply matte powder and done, just perfect! Repurchase? Sure!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

I recently bought this TM from Hautelook for about $12,so it was comparable in price to drugstore foundation that I usually wear. This product is fantastic. Easy and quick to apply with your fingers and turns silky smooth. I top it with powder and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by springbeautyy

LOOOOVE this product! Creamy texture, yellow toned (i got the shade light) and gets rid of any discolorations or redness on my cheeks. Doesn't look cakey at all, honetly it looks like your skin but better. I would have lived the packaging if it had a pump cuz it's difficult to put the lid back on if you have product on your hands. But so far I love it, although it doesn't cover up scars or blemishes that well, I find that any concealer on top is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Mntgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Laura Mercier for the last 2 years, got this after reading reviews on this site and not wanting to spend another $30 on TM....well I'm a believer, I will never go back. Got it on Amazon for $12, med. color and I love it. It's perfect in every way, It's a heavier cream than LM which is not a bad thing....I feel I get great coverage without having to use a foundation. Love the tube, if you were fair I would think the med. would be too dark. Give it a try for the price you can't beat it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by NicMurray85

Love this product, it goes on easy, lasts for ages and is undetectable. My only problem is the shades, im quite fair but I feel the light gives me a pale look and Ive had comments that I look pale which isnt great for a tinted product. However I still give this a 4/5 because everything else is superb and I havent tried other colours so I cant complain too much. I shall be trying the light/medium next time tho.
This did break me out when I first started using it but I gave it rest and tried it a few more times and its stopped breaking me out so my skin must be used to it now.
If anyone has any tips on the best shade please message me. Top product

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this TM very much! It's probably the best one I've tried yet. It is lightweight, so you don't feel it on your skin at all. It's also somewhat opaque, therefore it lends a little more coverage than your average TM. The consistency is perfect as it's not too watery nor is it too thick. It gives me a healthy glow without making me look like a greaseball. I have pretty good skin overall, but I get the occasional hormonal pimple. While this won't cover up blemishes, it certainly covers up any minor discolorations. The packaging is a squeeze tube, so it stays sanitary. I use my fingers to apply, as I do with all TM's simply b/c they tend to be thinner and brushes seem to eat up most of your product. I love the end result! The only con is the smell. I can't describe it, but I do not like it at all! This is my first tube, so I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what. I took a lippie off for that. If my next bottle smells better, I will change my review. Good news is, the smell dissipates quickly.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really hate this. Plus it's a drugstore product so it can't be returned. Huge waste of money.

I had a really bad reaction to this tm. Thought it would be fine, that the Canadian version would be different since the SPF is blacked out on the packaging but it's not. Keep in mind that I'm horrifically sensitive to chemical sunscreen and this is loaded with it. My skin's reaction is not typical.

I could go ahead and describe the near suffocating, blistering dermatitic reaction but enough said really. If you're sensitive to sunscreen, avoid this like the freaking plague.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have super dry skin and all types of foundation turn to make my skin look cakey, even bb cream and TM. The first TM I bought was from Laura Mercier and it was cakey and highlights all the dry patches on my face, it was horrible and made me terrified from all TMs. So I was skipping all the foundation steps and only do some touchups using my bobbi brown foundation stick which I also find too dry for me. I had great experience using the balm and after reading all the glory reviews about this TM I thought to give it a try. After putting it on at the counter I immediately fell in love with my skin. This feels like a layer of silk on top of skin, makes my skin feels super luxurious! I also love the adorable packagings from Thebalm, they just light up my day when I'm doing my makeup. BalmShelter is hands down another HD product from thebalm!

PS: It is tinted moisturizer so it doesn't provide much of coverage, I won't recommend it for problem skins.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many, many TMs and this one is the best without a doubt. It covers well, but is light. I'm between an NC25 and an NC30 with an olive-warm undertone. The light shade is a great match. This stuff wears well, isn't greasy, and doesn't cause breakouts. Unlike Laura Mercier's TM, this one protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. I'm on my 3rd tube already this year. It's part of my daily routine. HG status, for sure.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No