September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really hate this. Plus it's a drugstore product so it can't be returned. Huge waste of money.

I had a really bad reaction to this tm. Thought it would be fine, that the Canadian version would be different since the SPF is blacked out on the packaging but it's not. Keep in mind that I'm horrifically sensitive to chemical sunscreen and this is loaded with it. My skin's reaction is not typical.

I could go ahead and describe the near suffocating, blistering dermatitic reaction but enough said really. If you're sensitive to sunscreen, avoid this like the freaking plague.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have super dry skin and all types of foundation turn to make my skin look cakey, even bb cream and TM. The first TM I bought was from Laura Mercier and it was cakey and highlights all the dry patches on my face, it was horrible and made me terrified from all TMs. So I was skipping all the foundation steps and only do some touchups using my bobbi brown foundation stick which I also find too dry for me. I had great experience using the balm and after reading all the glory reviews about this TM I thought to give it a try. After putting it on at the counter I immediately fell in love with my skin. This feels like a layer of silk on top of skin, makes my skin feels super luxurious! I also love the adorable packagings from Thebalm, they just light up my day when I'm doing my makeup. BalmShelter is hands down another HD product from thebalm!

PS: It is tinted moisturizer so it doesn't provide much of coverage, I won't recommend it for problem skins.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many, many TMs and this one is the best without a doubt. It covers well, but is light. I'm between an NC25 and an NC30 with an olive-warm undertone. The light shade is a great match. This stuff wears well, isn't greasy, and doesn't cause breakouts. Unlike Laura Mercier's TM, this one protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. I'm on my 3rd tube already this year. It's part of my daily routine. HG status, for sure.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jessmarie215015

Highly recommended. I was sold on Laura Mercier and then decided to give this a try. This is better quality, more product, half of the price. This line will grow! Love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

4.5 stars

I used to have to wear full coverage foundation everywhere but now my skin is starting to improve i wanted something lighter to wear when going to the gym/running errands etc. This have a lovely dewey finish and actually has a really nice coverage. i put a thin layer all over and do a spot treatment on my cheeks for some acne scarring. It looks like your own skin but better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by icefemme

This is a good product, I use it during the day and into the evening my face still looks healthy, this will be my favorite product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It's light, weightless, leaves my skin feeling almost as though no product is on it, and helps to reduce how large my pores look and cover minor blemishes. Unlike foundation, TM does not cling to dry patches of skin, and actually helps to soften skin through the moisturising properties. I do wear moisturiser under this as I don't feel it's quite moisturising enough to wear on its own.
It's almost a one stop product, though I do like to use a light dusting of mineral makeup over the top to set it and provide extra coverage if I need it.
It blends well into my skin. Most foundation I've tried turns my skin yellow or orange, fake looking. The coverage on this is so light it doesn't leave my skin looking fake or made up, which is important to me.
The price was fair, $34AUD and seems reasonable for the product, cheaper than high end products but performing closer to those than to the lower end products.
I would recommend to anyone looking to even out skin tone but who don't want very much coverage, but want to cover pores. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
I have awarded this a 5/5, because I have come to love this product even more. Its practically perfect in every way (as Mary Poppins would say)! It never makes my face oily, never breaks me out, looks so natural and lovely, blush and bronzer go great over it, the coverage is just perfect. Really, best TM out there.
***************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I purchased mine from Amazon for $20
COVERAGE: For a tinted moisturizer, the coverage on this is fantastic! Light to a light-medium coverage. It evens out my skintone and makes my larger blemishes a lot less noticeable.
FINISH: The finish on this is not as dewy as most TM's, but it is not completely matte either. Its just a very natural, skin-like finish. I would say those with dry skin should wear moisturizer under this, and girls with very oily skin can skip moisturizer. I have combo, and wear just a bit of moisturizer under this.
TEXTURE: Creamy. Glides on the skin very easily
SPF: 18
LASTING POWER: This also has fantastic staying power for a TM. My skin can get oily in the T-zone area, I put this on at 10AM yesterday and it was still there when I took it off at 10PM and I only had to touch it up twice. Pretty impressive, eh?
SHADES: This is one of its downfalls. There is a light, light/medium (my shade), and a medium. The lightest shade is probably too orange for some porcelain girls, and the medium shade definitely is not deep enough for women with deeper skin tones. Light/Medium works great for me.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope
PACKAGING: Squeeze tube. Comes with 2.15 FL OZ., which is a lot given the fact that you only need a small amount of product for your entire face.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes!
FINAL VERDICT: I love this for the warmer months. I love my BB creams as well, but they are better suited for the winter.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by eeb01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am now using this instead of my Jane Iredale base. The Jane Iredale tended to look really cakey under my eyes, which is where I needed coverage b/c of discoloration. I can build Balm Shelter under my eyes without this happening. The light shade blends perfectly into my skin. I apply sunscreen, then Balm Shelter, then a quick dusting of powder. I've used fingers, foundation brush, and beauty blender to apply. Love the beauty blender best for applying this. Very happy with the coverage and no longer using base. What could be better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by zeyneperkal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Great!! I work sometimes 10 hours a day, it doesn't move or harm my skin!!! I love all the balm products and this is just wonderful. I have a fair skin (not blonde) it just works great, the coverage is good enough for me i don't like the porcelain look on my skin.