Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

4.5

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 3/4/2009 11:41:00 AM

I have switched over to all natural cosmetics, including my perfumes. I was drawn to Lavanila's products because they are phthalate and paraben-free.

I have to admit I am not a HUGE vanilla OR grapefruit fan, but I decided to test Lavanila's scents in Sephora. I absolutely fell in love with this scent and bought it after wearing it in the store for a little while. I have to say that honestly, I don't find it to have an overwhelming grapefruit scent. I don't usually go for citrusy perfumes (like Clinique Happy smells like a pile of grapefruits to me and I hate it), I am much more of a soft floral person.

But this scent is not citrusy (at least to me it isn't) and it has the right note of vanilla to make it soft but not cloyingly sweet. It also isn't overwhelmingly vanilla. It is like the perfect balance of vanilla and grapefruit. The scent is soft and elegant and I find it perfect for every day. It also lasts forever. I apply it in the morning and I smell it all day. I love the rollerball applicator, too. It applies the perfect amount and it was a good value at $18.

I would absolutely purchase this product again. I might even invest in the large spray bottle. I think I have found my new favorite perfume.

on 1/10/2009 7:45:00 PM

The Vanilla Coconut is my favorite, but I find that their sprays don't last on me as long as the body butters do. Since this was the only scent that Sephora had in rollerball, I decided to buy it since the smell was pretty good (I had originally bought it in the spray before i bought the Vanilla Coconut, but returned it because it didn't last long on my skin). I do like the scent...nice and subtle and warm. I still prefer the Vanilla Coconut and just found out that they just launched it in rollerball! Overall, yes, I'd buy it again...although I probably won't need to now that the VC is available. :) That's my all-time favorite scent.

on 12/23/2008 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not an expert on perfumes but here's my take on this: love the rollerball ... this one has enough strength that the rollerball gives just enough. This is one scent that does actually have some oomph lasting power...which is pretty rare these days! I love citrus smells so I thought I would love this and while I do like it, I don't love it. It is pretty strong and I really don't get a citrus kick at all - it's more like a vanilla-y almost like patchouli-ish smell. It has a potent kick to it that makes it kinda sexy. I guess the grapefruit is what livens up the vanilla. I wish I were better at describing scents. I would wear this on a date if it were "back in the day" ... bc it is potent but not really offensive. I can't see how anyone would hate it. Overall, I like it ok, I am not mad that I bought it, but I would not buy it again. I will say that it is a very unque smell. I can't say that I have ever smelled any scent quite like it.

on 12/23/2008 2:07:00 AM

My favorite! The rollerball is much better than the spray, IMO. Also a better deal. I usually prefer muskier vanillas, but this smells fresh without being foody. Whenever I wear this, my girlfriend comments that I smell good and won't stop sniffing me.

on 10/13/2008 9:00:00 PM

I've never been a big fan of Vanilla OR Grapefruit, but there is something so fresh and wonderful about LaVanila Grapefruit that keeps me coming back for more! What attracted me initially was the fact that this line was all natural, then the fact that they were coming out with rollerballs - which I love. This is a delicious, succulent scent with great sillage and lasting power - and the vanilla - grapefruit combination is a million times more interesting than any of the other LaVanila scents. Oh, and this combines amazingly well with Crazylibellule and the Poppies Vanilla Mocha solid perfume - makes it much more interesting!

this product is so unique! I can either smell the grapefruit or the vanilla when i smell it. I have never smelled anything like it. It smells so amazing. I wear this everyday since I got it...the lasting power is also great. A little goes a long long way!

on 9/21/2008 5:01:00 PM

I love it when they come out with rollerballs in my favorite scents! So great for travel and it's great to just keep in my bag. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of my favorite scents - the citrus grapefruit is very light and it adds just enough of a touch to make this Vanilla fragrance unique. It's like a fresh and clean vanilla.
I sprayed the EDT perfume spray on my right forearm and did the rollerball on my left and I have to say that my left arm still holds the scent perfectly while I smell nothing on my right arm. So I would pick this over the spray any day. I'm so happy I found this! YUM!

on 5/29/2008 2:31:00 PM

I wanted to love this ,but I didn't. When I opened it up it smelled like grapefruit ,fresh clean just like a grapefruit,then I rolled teh rollerball on my wrist and it smelled exactly like vanilla fields. I do like vanilla fields ,but sometimes it can be overwhelmingly sweet ,which this was. It did dry down to a vanilla cookie like scent ,but its not unique enough to keep so I am sending mine back and ,when I feel nostalgic I will open up my bottle of vanilla fields.

on 3/4/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm not an expert fragrance reviewer. Some people on MUA are so good at that. All I can really say is that this scent is really beautiful. I can't imagine anyone not liking it. The little roller-ball bottle is so pretty, too. I got this with a matching body butter from the Home Shopping Network. I'm interested in trying the other LaVanila fragrances now.

on 12/3/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

ORIGINAL REVIEW(05/17/2007)

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

Popular Fragrances