October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Brush Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

It takes a little bit of time, and can leave your brushes hard if you don't rinse well, but enough water and care should be fine. My brushes, even my smudge pot brush comes clean, and I really like the smell. The price isn't so bad, but the package can be better. I'd like something I can see into so I know how much is left, rather than guessing by weight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

This is an excellent brush cleaner. I don't know if I like it better than MAC's, but I do like it alot. The scent is tolerable, too. I am a little confused by the reviews I read that say that this is cheaper than MAC's brush cleanser, though. I paid $10 for a much smaller spray bottle of Sephora Brush Shampoo, while the one I got from MAC was only $9, and about twice the amount! Plus- I like that if I am in a hurry... I don't have to rinse out the MAC brush cleanser. This Sephora brand must be rinsed out, per the instructions on the bottle. Not a big deal, but worth noting. Still, it deserves 5 lippies from me, because it did clean my brushes thoroughly and rather quickly. If the price doesn't go up any more, I might buy it again. Otherwise, I will stick with MAC's, which is just as good and- from my experience- C*H*E*A*P*E*R!

PS ( I just checked both websites. Sephora & MAC both raised their prices on their brush cleansers. Sephora is $10 for 4 oz, MAC is also $10- but for 233 ml. or 7.9 oz. So for $10, MAC gives you almost twice as much. MAC is still cheaper when you compare the amount you get for the pricing.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by chibanivani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ive always used just plain ole conditioner to clean my brushes but I didnt realize how much gunk I was missing until this beauty came along. I bought it solely on price and use it about once a week (I know, I should probably do it more..) This thing is great, dirt cheap, and you'll be AMAZED at how much crap goes down your sink instead of onto your face! Deffffinetly repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by crimsoncurlzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so cheap! I've never used a brush shampoo before so decided to give this a go, based only on the price. It does a really awesome job of cleaning my brushes, particularly my blush brush. Definitely worth the price and def a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never used a brush cleaner before (just soap and water; bad!) but I figured this one was small and soo cheap ($6) and I would give it a try since my brushes were in dire need of a deep cleanse and I absolutely love this! Until proven wrong, I will stick with this cleanser. In two squirts and squeezes, all the makeup color in my brushes simply dripped off and left them clean -- the white brushes are finally white again! Cheap and effective, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush shampoo is WAYYYYY better than MAC! All you need is a few sprays, and the make-up ush effortlessly! Once dry, the brush is good as new!!!! And, it's only 75% the cost of MAC's!!!