April 19, 2014 | 1308 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Ageless Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have loved every Aveeno product that I have ever used. Aveeno offers gentle, effective, quality products for a fair price. Over the years, I have used numerous brands, ranging from drug store to higher-end. In my teens and 20's, my skin was normal to oily, so I never used anything too heavy. With the exception of one other favorite, Aveeno's Positively Radiant daily moisturizer with SPF 15 was my go-to moisturizer, day and night. About three months ago, I relocated to the desert and the climate is, of course, very dry. Around the same time, I began to wean myself off of a medication that I had been taking for several years. The medication wreaked havoc on my hormones and my skin has gone through spurts of cystic acne breakouts. So, with both environmental and internal changes, my skin has been much more dry and problematic. Since I am on a budget, I need something that can be used both morning and evening. I chose Aveeno's Positively Ageless Night Cream because Aveeno has never let me down, the price was right and most importantly, the formula is just perfect for me! It is rich and nourishing but it does not feel heavy or oily. The scent is very minimal. I have been using it, AM and PM, to great results! After cleansing and while my face is still damp, I apply one dollop on each cheek, my forehead and my chin. Then, I gently massage it all over my face and neck, (even across my closed eyes and I haven't had any irritation). This cream leaves my skin looking and feeling soft, smooth and glowy. This product is just what I was looking for. Another reviewer mentioned that she saw an improvement in her fine lines and scars. I can say the same! I really cannot say enough great things about this. I love that I found a moisturizer that is perfect for day and night use for about $16 dollars! I have been using this for over a month and I won't need to repurchase for at least two, possibly three months. Some women may not find this cream suitable for daytime, as there isn't any SPF protection. To be honest, I don't like SPF in my moisturizer and these days, it is incredibly difficult to find face lotions without SPF. SPF doesn't "get along" very well with my sensitive skin. I spend limited amounts of time in the sun and if I plan to be out for longer, I can always apply my Aveeno moisturizer with SPF on top of this. As women, our skin changes with age, hormonal and environmental factors. Having said that, this product may not be adequate for a woman with aging and/or very dry skin. Overall, I will purchase again and I would recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this instead of the Lifting and Firmin. Night cream because I bought the Lifting and Firming Day Cream and it's too overly fragranced. The regular Positively Ageless night cream still has added fragrance, but isn't as obnoxious and doesn't sting my eyes. But for a night cream, I wish it was richer. I'll use this up but I may try the ultra-calming night cream next and hope it doesn't have as heavy a fragrance. But this hadn't broken me out and my face looks good when I wake up in the morning, so I think it's helping.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have almost finished this jar of moisturizer and the ONLY reason I'm finishing it out is because I don't want to waste my money.

Pros: Scent (a bit strong, but at least it smelled nice IMO), texture (creamy and smooth)

Cons: Dried out my skin!

Every single time I put this on my skin it tingles, and not in a good way. At first I said that it was the active ingredients 'working', but now, I just think my skin didn't like this product. :-( It's weird. Immediately after applying it onto my face, my skin looked moisturized, but once it evaporated (or sank in), my skin still looked dull and felt dry. Still on the lookout for my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by krissy1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

had to purchase something new as i was told my olay regenerist night cream was going to be discontinued (is this true btw?)even though it feels great on my skin, i broke out really bad..probably the worse breakout in a long while (i shouldn't even be breaking out cause i've been on accutane)..anyways plan on giving this to my mom.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by tnyworld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this cream because I love Aveeno products but it makes my T-zone very oily after only about an hour. I am going to keep using it until I find a new night cream because it doesn't break me out or irritate my face but I will probably not purchase again. And I don't really like having to dip my fingers into a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by CaptivatesYou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge Aveeno fan since its by far one of a few brands that does not break me out or irritate my skin. I've just finished using a jar of this stuff and I absolutely love how soft, smooth and supple my skin feels the next morning. Some mentioned that it is overly scented but I happen to like it. I would prefer that it come in a pump instead of a jar since the product gets contaminated much more readily. Overall though I definitely will be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by be11e19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is part of my nighttime regimen. a little dab goes a long way, moisturizing my face and neck very well. i wake up to a fresh, soft face that doesn't need extra moisturizer before makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by oceansofgrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion was a mixed bag for me. It made my skin really soft but it didn't really feel like it was moist (if that makes sense). A pleasant surprise was when I noticed some of my acne scars started to fade when i started using this. they're still there but slightly lighter. However, it gave me a few ugly zits where I havent had ugly zits before. Lol.
I've been using it for about a month and it softened the wrinkles under my eyes. so that's super awesome.
I'm not sure if I'll buy this again. maybe i'll just use it as an eye cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by MichelleB2008

I had been an avid user of Olay's Regeneriste Night Cream, but lately been noticing dry, flaky spots (normally have combo/oily skin), and was just unhappy overall with my night cream. I also use RetinA, which probably is causing much of my dryness. Anyway, I gave Aveenos Positively Ageless night cream a shot and loved it right away. Not too heavy, but left my skin so soft, not greasy, and in the morning no flakiness! Pleasant scent. Not a fan of the jar, don't like the design, but the product is worth it! Good price, loving the results on my aging skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by nzf

This stuff is pretty good at moisturizing. It didn't make me break out or itch or anything, but my mom got the Lifting and Firming version and that one made my face burn. So it's definitely gentler, though possibly less effective if you are looking to...lift and firm. Anyway, it has a nice pleasant scent, applies smoothly, moisturizes very well. I think this was the first night moisturizer I started using after I realized that, now in my 20s, I'd inevitably start seeing aging signs faster than I'd like. It did significantly improve my skin texture for the few months that I used it, and a little jar does last a long time (plus is a relatively cheap price for night creams, at least in my world). The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I am always on the lookout for that perfect cream that improves my skintone and preserves my 20-year-old self forever (I'm currently using Origins' A Perfect World). But this is really a very good cream for night moisture.