Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream

3.1

on 9/20/2010 8:07:00 PM

Oh my goodness! I am 30 years old and I typically have flawless skin. Never a bump or pimple, never too dry or oily. Well, Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream sure changed that! I have used this product for 3 nights and now my skin is raw, peeling, and feels like I have a searing sunburn. I have red bumps everwhere and my face hurts! This is so unlike any other Aveeno product I have ever used. What a disappointment!

If your skin is at all sensitive, I urge you to think twice about using this product. At a minimum, test it in a small area for a few days first. Trust me, you don't want it to do to you what it has done to me--all over.

on 8/24/2010 6:22:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to purchase this because of the price, but I had to make up my mind quick. For being an Aveeno product, I thought it would be a LITTLE cheaper. This cream was pretty consistent for me. I'm reaching the last bit of the jar and I'm tempted to purchase another, but I want to try out different products as sticking with one for a long time isn't ideal for your skin.

This cream isn't thick and it is easy to apply. No need for excess rubbing and it soaks in nicely. Has a nice fragrant smell to it also.

I would buy this again.

on 1/2/2010 2:38:00 AM

I just finished my PX night moisturizer and I cannot afford to purchase another one. I use Aveeno products and thought I would try their night cream. It's not bad, and so far no breakouts (which is my main concern). It leaves my skin very soft ~ without the greasy feeling that some night time creams give you in the morning.

I purchased this product at Ulta for 20% off and another 20% off the total. So, I cannot beat the price. I will purchase this product again because I am on a budget...

on 11/22/2009 8:31:00 AM

I have loved every Aveeno product that I have ever used. Aveeno offers gentle, effective, quality products for a fair price. Over the years, I have used numerous brands, ranging from drug store to higher-end. In my teens and 20's, my skin was normal to oily, so I never used anything too heavy. With the exception of one other favorite, Aveeno's Positively Radiant daily moisturizer with SPF 15 was my go-to moisturizer, day and night. About three months ago, I relocated to the desert and the climate is, of course, very dry. Around the same time, I began to wean myself off of a medication that I had been taking for several years. The medication wreaked havoc on my hormones and my skin has gone through spurts of cystic acne breakouts. So, with both environmental and internal changes, my skin has been much more dry and problematic. Since I am on a budget, I need something that can be used both morning and evening. I chose Aveeno's Positively Ageless Night Cream because Aveeno has never let me down, the price was right and most importantly, the formula is just perfect for me! It is rich and nourishing but it does not feel heavy or oily. The scent is very minimal. I have been using it, AM and PM, to great results! After cleansing and while my face is still damp, I apply one dollop on each cheek, my forehead and my chin. Then, I gently massage it all over my face and neck, (even across my closed eyes and I haven't had any irritation). This cream leaves my skin looking and feeling soft, smooth and glowy. This product is just what I was looking for. Another reviewer mentioned that she saw an improvement in her fine lines and scars. I can say the same! I really cannot say enough great things about this. I love that I found a moisturizer that is perfect for day and night use for about $16 dollars! I have been using this for over a month and I won't need to repurchase for at least two, possibly three months. Some women may not find this cream suitable for daytime, as there isn't any SPF protection. To be honest, I don't like SPF in my moisturizer and these days, it is incredibly difficult to find face lotions without SPF. SPF doesn't "get along" very well with my sensitive skin. I spend limited amounts of time in the sun and if I plan to be out for longer, I can always apply my Aveeno moisturizer with SPF on top of this. As women, our skin changes with age, hormonal and environmental factors. Having said that, this product may not be adequate for a woman with aging and/or very dry skin. Overall, I will purchase again and I would recommend it!

on 10/22/2009 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this instead of the Lifting and Firmin. Night cream because I bought the Lifting and Firming Day Cream and it's too overly fragranced. The regular Positively Ageless night cream still has added fragrance, but isn't as obnoxious and doesn't sting my eyes. But for a night cream, I wish it was richer. I'll use this up but I may try the ultra-calming night cream next and hope it doesn't have as heavy a fragrance. But this hadn't broken me out and my face looks good when I wake up in the morning, so I think it's helping.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have almost finished this jar of moisturizer and the ONLY reason I'm finishing it out is because I don't want to waste my money.

Pros: Scent (a bit strong, but at least it smelled nice IMO), texture (creamy and smooth)

Cons: Dried out my skin!

Every single time I put this on my skin it tingles, and not in a good way. At first I said that it was the active ingredients 'working', but now, I just think my skin didn't like this product. :-( It's weird. Immediately after applying it onto my face, my skin looked moisturized, but once it evaporated (or sank in), my skin still looked dull and felt dry. Still on the lookout for my HG!

on 9/9/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

had to purchase something new as i was told my olay regenerist night cream was going to be discontinued (is this true btw?)even though it feels great on my skin, i broke out really bad..probably the worse breakout in a long while (i shouldn't even be breaking out cause i've been on accutane)..anyways plan on giving this to my mom.

on 5/15/2009 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this cream because I love Aveeno products but it makes my T-zone very oily after only about an hour. I am going to keep using it until I find a new night cream because it doesn't break me out or irritate my face but I will probably not purchase again. And I don't really like having to dip my fingers into a jar.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a huge Aveeno fan since its by far one of a few brands that does not break me out or irritate my skin. I've just finished using a jar of this stuff and I absolutely love how soft, smooth and supple my skin feels the next morning. Some mentioned that it is overly scented but I happen to like it. I would prefer that it come in a pump instead of a jar since the product gets contaminated much more readily. Overall though I definitely will be purchasing this again.

on 3/3/2009 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is part of my nighttime regimen. a little dab goes a long way, moisturizing my face and neck very well. i wake up to a fresh, soft face that doesn't need extra moisturizer before makeup.

Popular Moisturizers