December 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Angel Red is a lovely red lipstick...its blue red and has some shine to it....very nice for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by seryscarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Years ago, this was the first red lipstick I ever bought and it continues to be staple shade. I'm a blond NC15 and this looks absolutely elegant on me. A beautiful deep red!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Lovely color, but it isn't red. At least on me. It is a berry with strong pink. I can carry it off, but it isn't WOW on me. Berries are difficult for me. They don't have the oopmph that I'd like, but with the right tones, they can look terrific with my coloring. This isn't one of those berries. Too much pink for me. I like a *red* red and this isnt' it. Now, Apple Brandy from Clinique is a great red for me! I tried this 'cus of the reviews, but was disappointed by it's not actually being red on me. For reference: fair/medium w/ green/gold undertones, dark hair, dark eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ser1382

I just picked this lipstick up at the Clinique counter today. I am using it with the Deep Red liner (I didn't think I'd want liner, but you really do need it with red lips and the Deep Red is a great match). This is the best red that I have found for my complexion (LLL, blue eyes, blonde hair, sort of warm-ish skin tone). I found another one called "Lover" by Chanel, but I don't want to pay Chanel's prices for a lipstick that I will probably only wear once in a while. This is a great buy -- I love Clinique lipsticks because they have no scent or flavor and they go on nicely. Highly recommend if you're looking for a deep blue-red.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Beany

I wanted sooo much to love this product...it looked great on Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, but on her it actually looked red. On me, it turned into a horrid pinky burgundy. I am a MAC NW20, cool-toned with auburn hair and hazel green eyes, so maybe it is my coloring. I should have bought another HG Shy lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pipsqueakin

i am in love with this lipstick! i never used to wear red because i am so pale and the ones i had tried in the past made me look shallow as well...(ex. Revlon's Cherries in the Snow- not a good choice for pale ladies due to its fuscia like color). But i decided to buy this one beacuse of the great reviews it received and it looks amazing. i have green eyes, auburn hair, and freckles and my lips look wonderfully full and beautiful in an understated, not trying too hard, kind of way.
i definitely recommed this product to people with light/pale skin, not for darker skinned ladies though. hope this helped!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Ugh! I hate this color. Too bluish for my tastes. Have many reds already that blow this away. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sjsharkslover

So it seems that I have found my HG red. This looks so perfect on me and is beyond moisturizing. I absolutely love it! When you top it off with the new Bath and Body Works Frosty light pink shimmer gloss (this is a CO Bigelow brand but marketed at BBW). This was so cheap too I mean $14.50. It is a nice brown red but blue red at the same time. I am so excited about this lippy as I usually avoid Clinique as I do not find it to be all that nice of a product but this has changed my mind. For the holidays this color is perfect and I recommend that you go out and give it a try. For reference I am a NW45 with brown hair and blonde highlights. I tan (tanning bed) daily and this not only shows off my tan but does not make me look orange or too ruddy a great product! EDIT: On me this looks red and I had two people today when I was shopping asking what lipstick I had on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, for one, am thrilled with this lipstick! I have tried so many reds trying to find one that could be wearable everyday. This is it! Trust me, this is red but not so over the top that you can't wear it with jeans to head over to the grocery store. This is a keeper and very moisturizing. I usually shy away from lipsticks because they are usually not moist enough and I end up licking them off. This feels like gloss and does need to be reapplied every so often but I'm so used to gloss that I don't care. I also picked this up in glazed berry which is another great color. When I use this up, I will go get another. *edit* After reading the previous review I went and tried New York Color's sheer red. It is much better than this lippie. Save some money and buy that one instead. It lasts much longer and is only a buck! I RAOKed this Clinique one. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am cool-toned PPP (VERY PPP) with dark blonde hair (almost brown) and brown eyes with a bit of green in them. I love Clinique Angel Red. On me, it is a soft sheer red...and unlike the reviewer below, it is DEFINITELY red on me. No hints of berry on this PPP skin! It is a great sheer red, and my only complaints are that I do need a liner with it (I don't like to wear liner and avoid it when I can simply because it's another step in my makeup routine), and it doesn't last very long (it's one of their "Different" lipsticks, which feel very comfortable but never seem to last long). Its name fits perfectly--it's a sweet, healthy, angelic red. If you are looking for a Hollywood, glam, or retro red, this is not it. If you are just entering the world of red lipsticks, you should definitely give this a try, but also try NYC's Retro Red and Sheer Red. It is my opinion that these 3 reds are a good introduction to the world of red l/s as none of them are going to be too shocking to your system. :)