Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

This is my one of my fave lipsticks ever. It especially looks great on women with dark hair and fair skin. I always get so many compliments when I wear this. It has slight violet/blue undertones, which could turn off some people, but it compliments my winter complexion. I am told I look better in this color than my true red lipsticks. This lipstick is perfect for fair-skinned ladies, however it compliments a whole range of skin tones. When applied lightly for an everyday look, it really just looks lovely!! This is exactly what I wanted countless lipsticks to be (including MAC Dubonnet), a sheer bitten deep red that is gorgeous!!

on 12/11/2008 4:09:00 PM

This is my HG red lipstick! After seeing it in like Teen magazine years ago I went to try it because I was looking for a red lipstick that didn't turn hot pink on me as most red lippies do. 8 years later and I've never looked back! This is a true blue-red lippie. I'm a PPP, strawberry-blond, brown eyes with cool undertones. I love wearing this with a light gold or champagne eye and liquid liner. So classic! The staying power on this is not great, but it stains my lips nicely enough, so I don't really mind. If you're looking for a perfect blue-red lippie, look no further than your local Clinique counter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Angel Red is a lovely red lipstick...its blue red and has some shine to it....very nice for me...

on 2/22/2008 5:00:00 PM

Years ago, this was the first red lipstick I ever bought and it continues to be staple shade. I'm a blond NC15 and this looks absolutely elegant on me. A beautiful deep red!

on 2/9/2008 2:04:00 PM

Lovely color, but it isn't red. At least on me. It is a berry with strong pink. I can carry it off, but it isn't WOW on me. Berries are difficult for me. They don't have the oopmph that I'd like, but with the right tones, they can look terrific with my coloring. This isn't one of those berries. Too much pink for me. I like a *red* red and this isnt' it. Now, Apple Brandy from Clinique is a great red for me! I tried this 'cus of the reviews, but was disappointed by it's not actually being red on me. For reference: fair/medium w/ green/gold undertones, dark hair, dark eyes.

on 1/19/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just picked this lipstick up at the Clinique counter today. I am using it with the Deep Red liner (I didn't think I'd want liner, but you really do need it with red lips and the Deep Red is a great match). This is the best red that I have found for my complexion (LLL, blue eyes, blonde hair, sort of warm-ish skin tone). I found another one called "Lover" by Chanel, but I don't want to pay Chanel's prices for a lipstick that I will probably only wear once in a while. This is a great buy -- I love Clinique lipsticks because they have no scent or flavor and they go on nicely. Highly recommend if you're looking for a deep blue-red.

on 1/13/2008 9:16:00 PM

I wanted sooo much to love this product...it looked great on Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, but on her it actually looked red. On me, it turned into a horrid pinky burgundy. I am a MAC NW20, cool-toned with auburn hair and hazel green eyes, so maybe it is my coloring. I should have bought another HG Shy lipstick.

on 12/8/2007 2:14:00 PM

i am in love with this lipstick! i never used to wear red because i am so pale and the ones i had tried in the past made me look shallow as well...(ex. Revlon's Cherries in the Snow- not a good choice for pale ladies due to its fuscia like color). But i decided to buy this one beacuse of the great reviews it received and it looks amazing. i have green eyes, auburn hair, and freckles and my lips look wonderfully full and beautiful in an understated, not trying too hard, kind of way.
i definitely recommed this product to people with light/pale skin, not for darker skinned ladies though. hope this helped!

on 12/6/2007 2:57:00 PM

Ugh! I hate this color. Too bluish for my tastes. Have many reds already that blow this away. No thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So it seems that I have found my HG red. This looks so perfect on me and is beyond moisturizing. I absolutely love it! When you top it off with the new Bath and Body Works Frosty light pink shimmer gloss (this is a CO Bigelow brand but marketed at BBW). This was so cheap too I mean $14.50. It is a nice brown red but blue red at the same time. I am so excited about this lippy as I usually avoid Clinique as I do not find it to be all that nice of a product but this has changed my mind. For the holidays this color is perfect and I recommend that you go out and give it a try. For reference I am a NW45 with brown hair and blonde highlights. I tan (tanning bed) daily and this not only shows off my tan but does not make me look orange or too ruddy a great product! EDIT: On me this looks red and I had two people today when I was shopping asking what lipstick I had on.

Recommended for Medium Skin