July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eyes - Make Up For Ever - EYE SEAL - Waterproof Liquid Converter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using cake eyeliners from Laura Mercier (Blue Marine) with their special tightlining brush. The MA told me I could use water, but I wanted to try this since its supposed to make liner last. Like another reviewer mentioned, it has a slightly oily consistency, but very surprisingly works as well as water for tightlining. I only need a drop or two and I apply my liner AFTER curling my eyelashes and applying mascara. I was doing the opposite and found that the sealer got onto my lashes and made them difficult to curl and separate. If it gets to your lashes it will make them stick together and make mascara application difficult, so use this after mascara. It lasts really well and prevents smudging. Totally better than SheLaq, which I tried ages ago and hated with a passion. This works as well as water and is really budge proof. Can be used ontop of cream liners for extra sealing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by dolly454

First let me say that if you are deciding between this product and the SheLaq from Benefit, definitely go with the Eye Seal. There is no gooey layer over your eye makeup, and I have been wearing shadows as liners ever since I got it. It has stayed on through my 12 hour shift which gives it the same staying power as the Lancome Artliner. Great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by mkaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It keeps your eye shadow on for the rest of the night and longer. It keeps your eye make up looking freshly applied, in place and looking strong.

i really like going with dark eye make up at night and i always find that it smudges off after a few hours. This product solved that problem.

The cons is that it takes a few seconds to dry but other than that its great

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 4:20:00 AM More reviews by jin1022000

I gave this product a 3 because of:

1) poor package (even though it's similar to MAC mixing medium's package, but still, not cute enough =P)

2) a lil bit oily (call me crazy, but i felt it a lil bit oily~)

3) turns my sparkling eye-shadow into matte based >..< continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not as versed in the art of makeup as the other reviewers, but I will say that this stuff is amazing! One drop is enough to convert any eyeshadow into perfect eyeliner and the stuff does not budge at all... I've had a major tearfest while wearing and it didn't run - I got caught in a major rainstorm on my way to work today and it still looks like I just put it on.
I am very, very impressed.
I have no issues with the packaging design as I store the bottle standing up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jostoli7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this with the cheap but great LaFemme Cake mascara and with various eyeshadows, it works fantastic. Non-irritating, long lasting and very nearly waterproof in my wearings. I tested several brands of fixative at Sephora- Benefit, Bare Minerals and another I cannot remember. When mixed with eyeshadow and drawn on my hand then wetted and rubbed once dry- most did nothing and washed right off, some smudged a bit- this stuff did not budge till I swiped it with alcohol to remove it! I have not had any problems with it leaking, and I consider it well worth the $20 for the tiny amount since one drop is more than enough to get the job done.. I use the tiniest amount from the end of the dropper for eyeliners and a full drop for cake mascara. This will last quite some time. Love being able to make my own long lasting eyeliners in any color from my eyeshadows and shimmers w/o them wearing off in an hour!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. I have used it a few times to convert pigments/star powder into liquid eyeliner.
I thought the bottle design rocked until I realized that storing it on it's side in my makeup drawer and it leaked and i had to fight with it to open again :( boo so i took a lippie off for that.

Besides the issue with the bottle design I think this stuff rocks. I have used too faced's liquif-eye and ben nye's liquiset and this is by far more budgeproof.(but then i must do extensive testing on all i am only going by sweating and wearing for a few hours)

I used this last night to make liner out of MUFE's 906 star powder and it was so pretty almost exactly like MAC's aqualine liquidlast (but without as much gold pearling)

a little does go a long way though the small bottle is well worth 20 dollars.