July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Flowerplay [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Bybs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC describes Flowerplay as a sheer tulip-pink with silver pearl (Lustre) In the tube Flowerplay looks like a fluorescent pink containing chunky silver glitter. However, once applied it evolves into a lovely, sheer pink with the tiniest amount of finely milled pearly, silver shimmer. MAC's Lustre formula is one of my all-time favourites. Lustre Lipsticks are smooth, moisturising, add a pretty but non sticky shine and have fantastic pigmentation. However, In saying all that I don't think that Flowerplay is a colour that I would repurchase. This is due to the fact that it's not something that I find myself reaching for over & over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not thrilled with this. The shimmer is odd, tiny but gritty. The color is pretty but the shimmer is actually quite annoying and Ive never left that way about MACs shimmery lipsticks before. *EDIT* I actually really like this quite a bit now; the neon pink is very bright but totally wearable. Its a fresh color thats super pretty and a bit unexpected against my pale skin in the winter. I wear balm under it and clear gloss over it so that take care of dryness and lubes up the big chunky shimmer. Too bad its LE....so so so flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lippie. I go one of two ways with lip color typically. Red red red, or natural. This is a ncie change for me because the formula is slightly glossy so the color os not too overwpowering, yet it has a lovely pop. Great for spring and summer! Total HG material.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 6:14:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really like this lipstick. I almost didn't get it at the store because it seemed a bit too bright, but it looked so good swatched that i got it anyway. It's a lovely summery medium pink with hints of fuschia (normally a colour i'ld never dare to wear) and some subtle gold shimmer. I find the colour quite similar to Aquamelon TLC, actually - i like wearing that on top for a more glossy feel. It's a Lustre, but applies more like a cross between a frost and a lustre. LE with Strange Hybrid.
    Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by monalisa_07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never thought this would work for my NC40 coloring; but it does! And beautifully! The MAC artist used this over "smoothberry" lipliner, and it's fabulous. Sheer shimmery watermelon pink with hints of fushcia. Doesn't even need lipgloss over it! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by xdianax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect summer color! This color looks bright in the tube but goes on a sheer beautiful pink with silver sparkles that really brightens up my NC25 skintone. I'm not too fond of the sparkles but love love love the color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I couldn't wait to get to the MAC store because someone on the boards said this was "chanelling Strawberry Blonde". Not. It's nothing like the corally-peachy Strawberry Blonde.. Flowerplay is a pinky pink, a little watermelon and even a tiny, tiny fuschia (which I can't normally wear). I would say this is a warm pink but going neutral, too. The most gorgeous, vibrant yet not too shocking pink (except in the tube, get ready!). So, I wasn't disappointed in the lovely Flowerplay. Great for summer and sundresses and shorts and sand and...well, you get the idea. :) Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An absolute nightmare looking color in the tube.. It looks insanely bright, especially for my GGG skin, but on the lips, I was pleasantly surprised this color turned out to be so pretty! MAC describes as a tulip pink and I'd have to agree. It's a warm soft pink with minimal amounts of shimmer (not overpowering at all and I usually abhor shimmer) because of the lustre formula. It's LE part of the Strange Hybrid line. Too bad, I would repurchase this color in a heartbeat! It really brightens up the face and brings a nice glow to my cheeks. For the record, NC40/C40, olive-yellow undertones, GGG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by xuelint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I knew I wanted this after I saw the swatches on specktra. MAC describes this as a "Sheer tulip-pink with silver pearl". It does look rather bright from the tube, but because of its lustre formula, it goes on sheerer with a glossy finish (a sweet warm pink) on my slightly pigmented lip, which is totally perfect for summer! I may consider getting a backup since it is LE.

(I'm an Asian, MAC NW20 / Chanel 20 Clair / Shu 575, dark brown hair and eyes) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:40:00 AM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never would have bought this if I hadn't seen pictures of other girls wearing it. The color in the tube is absolutely frightening to me, but it's REALLY cute on my lips. It brightens my entire face and it's perfect for summer. I've always wanted a pink lipstick like this, but all the others have looked ridiculous on me. Too bad it's LE! I'm an NW25, by the way.