Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice product does not burn my eyes I like it better than the Almay eye make up remover, it is a bit oily but if you shake it well before use it is great and moisturizes the eye area. I will repurchase this again.

I got this product off my nan because she saw how much makeup i wore, so i don't know where she bought it. It is AMAZING!!!! I can be wearing multiple mascaras, strong eyeliner, bold, thick eyeshadow, and it gets the majority off in one swipe. It doesn't leave my skin oily, and doesn't make me break out after use! It leaves your skin so smooth and clean :) I won't buy other makeup removers now because this one is so amazing, and i try to have two bottles at all times. BUY IT!!!!

this product is terrible! it's not only oily... but it's actually... GREASY! eww... - it's also terrible at removing eye make-up. regular (non waterproof) mascara's won't budge with this product (even when you soak your eyes with the cotton pad for 10+ seconds)... plain water does a better job. you're supposed to shake the solution up before use... but it tends to separate and settle ASAP -.- buy the target-brand make-up remover... it's so much better! and 1/3 the price~

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am almost through with my second bottle and I think this just maybe my HG eye makeup remover. I rarely label a product HG because I think that there are just way too many products out on the market that there has to be a better one. However, for the price ($5!) and convenience (Target), it can't be beat. Like several of the reviewers before, this product is very similar to Lancome's Bi Facil; without the steeper price tag. You have to shake it up before you pour it onto a cotton pad and then I just place it over my eyes, let it soak in for a minute and then gently sweep my mascara away. I always use waterproof mascara (holds the curl) and it cleans off my Diorshow, Full 'N Soft, MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash, all with no problem. Until I can get my hands on the Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio (it is just way too much of a hassle to acquire that remover), it's Botanics all the way.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been a Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover fan for years. But it's getting to be a little expensive so I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for removing waterproof eye make up.

After trying Almay Moisturizing pads (which I still love, great for travel since it's not liquid!) and Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (hate it, it burned my eyes, and did not remove my mascara at all), I was about to give up on my search and just go back to Bi Facil.

Then I saw someone on Youtube rave about this product and I went to get this from my local Target (which is a plus, since I visit Target once a week). And this works just like the Bi Facil, and larger bottle (4.2 oz vs. 5 oz) and 1/5 of the price! ($26 vs. $5)... Cant get better than this, I will be repurchasing my HG for the rest of my life... now let's hope they won't discontinue this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this today, so I used it once on my eye makeup. I usually need at least two cotton balls with remover to get my liner and shadow off. I used just one to test it, and it got most of it off. It didn't sting at all, and I don't notice very greasy skin. With a heavy oil remover you'll get it all over your lashes and cannot see, but this has a light weight oil and seems gentle. I think it's more gentle than my Lancome Bi-Facil.
The smell is light and just smells like plants to me. I think I paid about $6 for it at Target. Update: I know why this is so popular now. It's so gentle that it's like water on your face, but it removes everything. The light oil can get into every lash to remove makeup. It even took off mascara along with shadows in no time at all. I'm not going to write a whole page about it, like some have done, but keep in mind that most of the negative reviews are the minority or people who have other skin issues.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great make up remover. Effortlessly removes makeup, non irritating and is moisturizing. Love that its more on the natural side too.

Great product. Very gentle on your skin! Will clean up very niceI am very satisfied with this product since i have tried so many eye make up remover before and this is the best quality with the price under 10$!

It is effective of removing makeup on my face. It does not make my eyes unconfortable. I compared this with my other eye makeup removing products including MUF eye makeup, L'oreal make up remove. This is better than other two in terms of removing eye makeups.

The cons of this product is
1. shaking bottle before using it, so I have to keep shake it until I finish the cleaning.
2. very oil, I free it is so hard to wash off the oil residue.

I just converted to this eye makeup remover and now I am a die hard fan. I have to say that this is by far, the easiest eye make up remover to use. There is no rubbing or tugging necessary to remove even the most heavily made up eyes. Waterproof mascara, liner, even highly pigmented blue, purple and teal melts under this.

You just need a few good swipe to get the job done. It does have some kind of weird oily residue but that doesn't bother me much as I normally follow up with my Ponds Cold Cream to clean the rest of my makeup. I can even use it to clean my waterline since it is so gentle.

It is soothing to the eyes, non irritating and most of all, you can also use it as an instant tired eye relief. I am not sure how many reviewers make use of that but just pop a bottle in the fridge and whenever you have tired eyes, wet a cotton round with it, set it on to of your eyes and relax for a few minutes. It works like magic.

I am not going back or experimenting with any other remover. This is my HG right there.