November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Baboomtish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I've been wearing this product for years even though its made my skin, red, dry itchy and flakey. I buy it only because the color is a perfect match for my skin and it looks like I have no make up on at all, I can wear it all day, but come 5pm my face is itching like nothing else and I have to take it of.

If u apply it around or near ur eyes be prepared for it to settle into EVERY little cranny, making u look older, so go for a liquid concealer or apply a primer first around the eye.

I don't know why I still buy it, but I'm experimenting with other foundations because I just can't stand the itching anymore. Oh and the brush..more like a bristle, hate it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: *Excellent coverage! Covers redness, pigmentation, scarring. The best coverage I've found in any mineral foundation.
*Does not cause acne breakouts! And that's saying something as just about every foundation I've tried breaks me out. This is a huge plus. *Leaves a lovely dewy finish, making skin look healthy.
*You don't need to use a primer, works very well with or without a primer *i use it on top of 30+ sunscreen and it still looks fabulous *You can layer it so it looks light and natural for the day or it can look heavier for nights out. *i put a mineral veil powder in top if I want a more matte look

Cons: *Too expensive here in Australia $40 is ridiculous *Crappy brush: works much better if you use a good quality brush.*bad packaging. I'd much rather a lid that can be used to tip the powder into, and I'd rather they ditch the brush and give us more foundation instead as it only lasts a month or so if you use it daily. *not enough choice of skin shades *can make you look 'shiny' if you over-apply it.

I have tried Nude by Nature and Bare Minerals and this one is so much better. It is the best of both worlds as it looks very natural but has excellent coverage without causing acne and that's why I keep coming back to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by AJ1415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is rather oily and this makes me look really shiny. It's not bad mineral makeup but I have to mix ivory and beige to make it match my skin, it stays on for a good amount of time though so overall not good but not bad either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Grafkiukas

I have been using this regularly for a few years now. Once in a while i purchase something new, but always come back. It offers great coverage and doesn't clog my skin. During a long day i might have to retouch a couple of times, but i don't mind - it's cheap enough to have one for each purse

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Tessa1209

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in CVS looking for nail polish and saw this. I have been using Bare Minerals, but I decided to try something new. I LOVE it!!!! I have nice skin with a few tiny red lines, and it covered them beautifully!! Left a very even, soft, barely makeup on look, PERFECT!!! Found that I can purchase it at a much less prices at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Coff33Addict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATED this product. :) I only gave it two lippies because it looked good on my mom, who has no need for foundation anyway- her skin is perfect. But I digress.

When I first tried to apply the formula, both alone and over primer, it settled into my pores and refused to blend smoothly- the appearance with both was cakey. The formula faded quickly and transferred easily- after about an hour, this product covered my phone and my desk- not my face. The affect after about half an hour wasn't at all flattering- while the formula didn't oxidize, it settled into and around my pores due to oil production, and refused to reblend. I blotted, assuming that would help, and my skin took on a flaky, dry appearance.

I expected oil-control and a lasting, natural coverage from this foundation, and got neither. NOT impressed, especially considering that I paid fifteen dollars for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jgratton

Since this is a expensive product, in my opinion, I would have walked right by this BUT I bought it just a few weeks ago, figure ill try a new loose powder. I LOVE this powder. The coverage one is perfect and covers very good. A lot of product comes out onto the brush so tapping the excess off is a good idea. I find it stays on for a while, not as long as I want. It doesn't feel to cakey like some powders feel. This powder I find needs to be well blended into the skin. Overall I would buy this again and it's a good size to just grab and put into your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by natcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer this to any liquid foundation I've ever used. The colour is a perfect match, it blends extremely well and the coverage is superb.

I'm with a lot of people when they complain about the packaging. It's very messy and if you're not careful it will spill everywhere.

But it looks so good that I'm willing to overlook this. It stays put too - although I have no experience using primer underneath this, so I'm sure that would make it more long lasting.

Also, I have some minor dry patches that really show up when wearing liquid foundation, but when I wear this, they're invisible.

The attached brush is good, however I've recently started using the Real Techniques buffing mineral foundation brush and that makes it look even better!

I haven't tried Bare Essentials, so I can't compare but I'm doubtful I'll try them as this does a great job for £15.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by penn4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone who hates liquid foundation, I really like this mineral foundation. It works evenly on my skin and actually like the brush that comes with it. It does not cake and actually smooths out my skin perfectly. For me, I like it a whole lot better than Bare Minerals since I found out thru my dermatologist I was allergic to the product after having awful eczema reactions and it made my skin look blotchy.

I agree that the Loreal mineral makeup has terrible packaging but I just dab a bit on a kleenex and swirl the brush into it and I am good to go. I highly recommend the product and will plan to purchase it again. It really goes well with my True Match blush in the Rose color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ezzy321

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging for the mineral powder is terrible. As soon as you open the lid the powder falls out all over the place. What a mess ! My first purchase of this item and my last due to packaging.