Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 7/30/2011 10:27:00 PM

I love this sunscreen, i usually just use it on my face, i never get burnt wearing it because of the high spf, Its a tad pricey though but i can usually find a good deal on it in winners. My only complaints is its a bit difficult to rub in. And if you dont rub it in enough your skin turns white. So i recommend using a mirror applying this sunscreen.

on 7/1/2011 12:16:00 PM

I've purchased this last year and used it when I go out running in the morning then I wash it off in the shower. Everything was okay then, loved the "dry touch".

This year, I has a laser procedure done to remove my freakles so I've started using this every day to protect my skin. I've started noticing that my face became very dry and there's this permanent red dry patch on my face. Everything I've applied to my face to moisturize it just burned.

I then spent several gloomy days indoors and hence, no need for sunblock and the patch went away! But it came back within 2 days of using this.

I've read a lot of similar reviews online. Guess this is not good for long term use.

on 6/27/2011 2:07:00 AM

My aunt gave me this one time when we were going to the beach and i loved it.
The consistency is heavy but feels light on the skin and didn't turn oily later. I used it on my body and face and reapplied twice and it protected me well.
AND it didn't break me out, which most sunscreens do, especially those for the beach with high SPF.
Also, it's not that expensive considering it lasts a long time, even if used everyday!

on 6/22/2011 9:28:00 AM

So I have been looking around reviews about this product, and I wasn't sure whether I should get SPF 50 or 70, And the reason why I got this product was because i'm going to india soon, last time when I went, I had SPF 50, But in L'oreal, and I still got tanned which I hate.
so this time I was thinking about 'how about spf 70'
I tried it out, on my hand, and my lord it was dry touch!
it's excellent! it's not those type where it clogs your pores because it has such a high SPF, It's good, dry touch, and no white cast to it.
If your thinking about whether to buy it or not, I suggest you to buy it! and it's not expensive anyways! O:-)

on 6/3/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really had high hope for this product, 'cause i have seen people raves about this sunscreen. But it turned out not working for me. this sunblock has a very thick consistency, which i don't like, and I found it is hard to spread the product on my face. Also it made me EXTREMELY oily after 3-4 hrs. But the good thing is, it didn't make me break out or anything.

on 6/3/2011 7:54:00 AM

Run, don't walk, in the opposite direction to this sunscreen! I found this to be the worst $14 (AUD) I have ever spent. It caused tiny itchy bumps as well as red patches all over my face. Needles to say, not a good look! If I was the only person this happened to I would give it the benefit of the doubt, but after reading many other similar reviews I wonder why it is still even on the market.I'm just glad I didn't put this anywhere near my children. Straight to the bin it goes :(

on 4/24/2011 11:59:00 AM

I bought this sunscreen to use while on vacation. It offered excellent protection from the sun - i wore it everyday and reapplied often for seven days and barely got any color. As I was reading reviews, I noticed that many reviewers have mentioned this product gave them a rash. Both my husband and I got a bumpy rash on our upper back/neck after a few days of using this sunscreen, but it didn't really occur to me that it could be from the product until I read the other reviews. Maybe we were sensitive to it, or could have been coincidental...? In any case, definitely kept us protected from the sun and will likely use it again while keeping an eye out for rashes.

on 4/24/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's too thick. and broke me out horribly. my skin couldnt breathe..

on 3/12/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Neutrogena's SPF30 on my face but I wanted to increase it to SPF70 last summer, but this just doesn't work well on my face. Something about it goes chalky and thick and doesn't absorb as well as the SPF30 version of this product. I will have to see how the SPF45 holds up, but for now I use the 70 on my neck and chest every single day, even if only a little bit of skin is exposed.

I really like the oil control these products provide, and sometimes my laundry detergent will make my neck or chest break out if I am not super careful. This provides a sort of buffer between my skin and clothes so those areas are less pronte to break out, which I really like.

Sometimes I will add more sunscreen on my face when I am getting too shiny! It controls oil that well! I love Neutrogena sunscreens, although I imagine using them on the whole body would be prohibitively expensive (I Banana Boat Sheer for the body).

on 3/4/2011 9:19:00 PM

I am reaching the age where I need to be more conscientious about my skin care regimen and exercise more preventive measures. Although I live in a predominately sunny climate, I wasn't in the daily habit of wear sunblock on my face. Tsk, tsk, tsk.... When I started using the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, the Clinique counter salesperson at Macy's reminded me to make sure that I wear sunblock with the product. I figured that it was about time that I concentrated more on my skin care and bought the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF 70. SPF 70...sounds like over kill, but the SPF 45 and SPF 70 were the same price, so why not get the higher SPF? I realize that I am only kidding myself since I read that ultra high SPF levels do not necessarily mean more protection, but I wasn't losing money in the process. I apply this product every day after applying my moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) and the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and before applying my concealer and foundation. When applied without a moisturizer, my skin becomes really dry (probably due to the dry-touch formula). Thankfully, my skin has adjusted well to this product and I haven't had any breakouts. I find that some sunblocks have a strong scent, but this product's scent is very mild and hardly noticeable by me. The application is pretty smooth and doesn't leave a greasy or chalky feel, and my foundation applies smooth on top of the sunblock. Perhaps it is in conjunction with using the dark spot corrector, but I find that my face is brighter and more evenly toned. My face does tend to get a little shiny sooner now that I have more product on my face, but nothing that a little blotting and powder can't rectify. I recommend this product.