July 29, 2014 | 1239 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by swirlylover

So I have been looking around reviews about this product, and I wasn't sure whether I should get SPF 50 or 70, And the reason why I got this product was because i'm going to india soon, last time when I went, I had SPF 50, But in L'oreal, and I still got tanned which I hate.
so this time I was thinking about 'how about spf 70'
I tried it out, on my hand, and my lord it was dry touch!
it's excellent! it's not those type where it clogs your pores because it has such a high SPF, It's good, dry touch, and no white cast to it.
If your thinking about whether to buy it or not, I suggest you to buy it! and it's not expensive anyways! O:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by pearlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really had high hope for this product, 'cause i have seen people raves about this sunscreen. But it turned out not working for me. this sunblock has a very thick consistency, which i don't like, and I found it is hard to spread the product on my face. Also it made me EXTREMELY oily after 3-4 hrs. But the good thing is, it didn't make me break out or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jbcp

Run, don't walk, in the opposite direction to this sunscreen! I found this to be the worst $14 (AUD) I have ever spent. It caused tiny itchy bumps as well as red patches all over my face. Needles to say, not a good look! If I was the only person this happened to I would give it the benefit of the doubt, but after reading many other similar reviews I wonder why it is still even on the market.I'm just glad I didn't put this anywhere near my children. Straight to the bin it goes :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this sunscreen to use while on vacation. It offered excellent protection from the sun - i wore it everyday and reapplied often for seven days and barely got any color. As I was reading reviews, I noticed that many reviewers have mentioned this product gave them a rash. Both my husband and I got a bumpy rash on our upper back/neck after a few days of using this sunscreen, but it didn't really occur to me that it could be from the product until I read the other reviews. Maybe we were sensitive to it, or could have been coincidental...? In any case, definitely kept us protected from the sun and will likely use it again while keeping an eye out for rashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

it's too thick. and broke me out horribly. my skin couldnt breathe..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I use Neutrogena's SPF30 on my face but I wanted to increase it to SPF70 last summer, but this just doesn't work well on my face. Something about it goes chalky and thick and doesn't absorb as well as the SPF30 version of this product. I will have to see how the SPF45 holds up, but for now I use the 70 on my neck and chest every single day, even if only a little bit of skin is exposed.

I really like the oil control these products provide, and sometimes my laundry detergent will make my neck or chest break out if I am not super careful. This provides a sort of buffer between my skin and clothes so those areas are less pronte to break out, which I really like.

Sometimes I will add more sunscreen on my face when I am getting too shiny! It controls oil that well! I love Neutrogena sunscreens, although I imagine using them on the whole body would be prohibitively expensive (I Banana Boat Sheer for the body).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

I am reaching the age where I need to be more conscientious about my skin care regimen and exercise more preventive measures. Although I live in a predominately sunny climate, I wasn't in the daily habit of wear sunblock on my face. Tsk, tsk, tsk.... When I started using the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, the Clinique counter salesperson at Macy's reminded me to make sure that I wear sunblock with the product. I figured that it was about time that I concentrated more on my skin care and bought the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF 70. SPF 70...sounds like over kill, but the SPF 45 and SPF 70 were the same price, so why not get the higher SPF? I realize that I am only kidding myself since I read that ultra high SPF levels do not necessarily mean more protection, but I wasn't losing money in the process. I apply this product every day after applying my moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) and the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and before applying my concealer and foundation. When applied without a moisturizer, my skin becomes really dry (probably due to the dry-touch formula). Thankfully, my skin has adjusted well to this product and I haven't had any breakouts. I find that some sunblocks have a strong scent, but this product's scent is very mild and hardly noticeable by me. The application is pretty smooth and doesn't leave a greasy or chalky feel, and my foundation applies smooth on top of the sunblock. Perhaps it is in conjunction with using the dark spot corrector, but I find that my face is brighter and more evenly toned. My face does tend to get a little shiny sooner now that I have more product on my face, but nothing that a little blotting and powder can't rectify. I recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am extremely fair and generally stay out of the sun as much as I can, but you can't hide forever. So for the times where I do spend days outside in the sun, I want a very high SPF sunscreen. Many reviews mentioned a rash - I didn't get a rash but my skin started to burn moments after applying (not in the sun - it was a burning feeling). Test it if you can before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

Hmmm. I am somewhat confused by negative reviews on this. I am almost 30 so I wanted to start protecting my face. I am somewhat new to face sun screen. I have very fair skin and do not go in the sun that often. I wore this last sunday when going quad riding. I put my moisturizer on, then applied this on after. I was worried my foundation would not go on properly but it glided right on with no problems. No bunching up or none of that. I did not notice any overly strong smell, and it melted right into my skin without any issues. I was pleasantly surprised. I have worn this a few times since then and have nothing bad to say about this sunscreen. It did not feel heavy either. Worked great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunblock gave me a terrible rash on my neck that lasted 2 weeks!!! This was so unfortunate especially since this was so affordable and everyone seems to love it. :(