September 19, 2014 | 1743 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermale Cleansing Micellar Lotion for face and eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Typical Vichy packaging, very practical and hard to spill or pour too much product. Super effective in removing makeup (you can do your whole face in 10 seconds wiping with a cotton pad), makes your pores super clean and leaves your face completely oil and shine-free, does not dry your skin out. This will be amazing for traveling when you want to pack light. This product is definitely underated!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

A very good micellar water. I got it in a big bottle with a pump which I much prefer to the regular ones in a smaller bottle without it. But even without a pump it's good :) Pretty much like any other micellar water I have tried so far. I would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using La Roche Posay Micellar Physiological Solution up until they pull it out of Singapore. My LRP SA recommended this Vichy Thermale and with a 20% discount, I bought a bottle. Wrong move. I use micellar solutions before foaming wash. I put a little amount on my palm and wet my whole face and neck with it, massage a little then wash away with water, followed by a mild foaming wash.

Vichy is painful to the eyes and causes dryness on my upper lip. I also find that I have some blackheads and occassional acne with it. The skin on my fingers also started itching a little since using this solution. I never encountered this problem with La Roche Posay. Price-wise they're not far from each other.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, this is the first micellar lotion that I've used so I cannot compare but I think it's great. I use it to remove my eye makeup. It does the job well. It won't remove heavy liner or something like that but it works well for mascara. The bottle only lasts about 2-3 months but the best thing about this lotion is that it is very gentle on my lashes. They look conditioned after I use it and that is the only thing that matters for me. I may try micellar lotions of other brands but I really like this product

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the ease and gentleness of micellar water for morning cleansing. I tried this Vichy one, when the drugstore ran out of my favorite micellar solution (La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution). The packaging has a convent flip-top cap. However the bottle itself looks cheap, and the packaging looks unattractive on my bathroom counter. The product itself is equally unimpressive. Even when I saturate a cotton pad with this cleanser, it doesn't feel like it is cleaning my skin. It feels more as if it is depositing more stuff than it is removing. I often feel like I should wash my face after using this, which eliminates the purpose of using it as a cleanser. I do however think it does a goos job of removing makeup. I have been using up the bottle by repurposing this as a makeup remover before cleansing at night. Because that is its only use to me, I think that the price ($16.00 for 6.76 fl. oz. or 200 mL) is too high for what it does. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I have acne prone skin that can get very dry and peely, especially when using my acne treatment (Tazorac). My skin would get tight, itchy, and often scaly within minutes after washing my face, no matter what cleanser I used. After a trip to France where my skin broke out like crazy, I started suspecting that my skin reacts badly to different kinds of tap water. Then I read about how popular these micellar lotions are with Parisian women, because the tap there is so bad. Vichy is one of the few micellar lotions that is readily available in the US, so I gave it a shot.

The results have been incredible. Before, I would always have pimples around my chin and mouth, which would get even uglier around my period. I'd also have a lot of dryness around my chin, nose, and jawline. This water has really calmed everything down. I don't get that tight feeling anymore after cleaning my face because it leaves it really refreshed and "plump" feeling. Psychologically, it feels nice to wipe away the dirt and grime from the day... It hasn't gotten rid of all my pimples, because that would be a miracle, but they are a lot fewer and smaller. I would say my skin is looking 200% better overall. Plus, I've brought it with me while travelling and my skin stays calm the whole trip.

This is about $16 from Walgreens, which is more than I would have paid for cleanser before, but it's lasted me 1.5 months and I'm only halfway through. Also, the only reason I took 1 lippie off is that it doesn't remove eye makeup that well.

UPDATE 2/12/12: I am still loving this stuff! Still on my first bottle after all this time (although reaching the bottom), and I've had almost zero problems with dryness since using it. I've even gone to bed a couple times without following up with moisturizer--something I could never do before b/c of how dehydrated my skin was-- and was fine. I don't recommend that, of course, but it shows how much better my skin is doing these days. Highly recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this was not gentle on my skin, it was irritating and broke me out. This product does remove makeup well, but my skin just didn't like something in it. I now use this only as an eye make up remover, it works especially well for cleaning up mistakes or freshening up eye make up because it isn't greasy. Even if this had worked for my face I doubt I would have purchased again because I don't like the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in place of the La Roche Posay one and the Bioderma Crealine. I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT.

This is really very gentle and removes my LRP sunblock without irritating my skin, not even active pimples! It cleanses very well without drying; I don't get that "tight" feeling from many other makeup removal agents that I've tried.

I like to use this on days when I wear very little makeup or just sunblock, and as a toner to follow up when I don't feel like my face is clean yet.

I also like that the packaging doesn't come with a pump which will waste product. This comes with a flip top cap and makes it easier to travel with as well.

It's quite budget friendly too, one bottle is 200ml which can last me about 3 months and it's only 30 SGD.

I find that french skincare brands in general really helps to keep my skin clearer and makes it look brighter and not red. It's effective in cleansing but not irritating, which is just perfect.

EDIT: I don't really fancy the fragrance though, it makes me feel like something is going to clog up my pores. It also doesn't remove waterproof makeup/eyeliner as well as the Bioderma one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by auras

I bought this based on the reviews here and I'm happy I did. I was looking for a toner and I would never have thought of this as an alternative if it wasn't for this site. So I don't use it to remove makeup, I prefer a cleansing milk for that, but I enjoy using this on my t-zone when I feel a bit oily. And it removes oil perfectly. It does leave skin just slightly dry (hence 4 lippies and not 5) but it's the least drying "toner" I've used. And, since it's alcohol-free, oil doesn't tend to show up again in a couple of hours. I just apply a light moisturizer and I'm good to go. Great find!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I have been using this cleanser for the last few months and have found it a joy to use on my randomly sensitive skin. It's very easy to just wipe a cotton pad over my face with this on, and it's very effective at cleaning my skin but doesn't leave it dry or tight. I do find that if my skin is slightly oily, as it is some times, then this doesn't remove all the excess oil.