Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad in Mocha Motion

3.5

Talc, PTFE, Magnesium Stearate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Boron Nitride, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethyle

on 12/19/2010 1:10:00 AM

I love the way these colours look in the palette. But they do not show up on my skin! I have light to light-medium skin and they still look very sheer on me. I would pass on these if I were you. They are also on clearance now everywhere I look so I guess they are being discontinued. Still not worth it at the reduced price though.

on 12/4/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like these shadows. They are cooler taupey-browns, which work well with my skintone. I've been wearing them the last few days and I've received compliments. I usually don't wear these types of shades, but they looked pretty in the packaging, and the colors are true to the palette. Also, the formula was impressive; they are pigmented, went on smoothly, and I wore them all day with no fading.

on 9/18/2010 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I haven't purchased drugstore eyeshadows in a very long time. CVS had 40% off their Maybelline products and I was just looking to see if anything interested me. This was the only e/s that popped out at me. I am a total neutral girl and rarely wear any color that's not neutral anymore. So of course this quad intrigued me. I really liked the colors. The e/s itself is a bit powdery and it takes a few applications on my tanned skin to get it to the color I want. I really love the brow bone shade and have been using it this past week as my highlighter and lid shade. Great value for me with the 40% off. I'm going to put this in my makeup gym bag to use.

on 9/17/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a really nice neutral quad. The highlight shade is too frosty for me, but the other three are lovely and fairly matte.

The dark taupe is great as a liner too.

on 8/30/2010 2:27:00 AM

I like the eyeshadows in this quad. I think it's really nice. It's not the greatest quad ever, and these colors are very similar to MAC shadows that I already own except, I'd rather get the MAC shadows because I'm more of a brand snob that way. But for people who appreciate drugstore makeup, then this is a good quad for neutral wearers like me.

on 8/9/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first Maybelline eyeshadow quad. Honestly, not impressed. The color payoff is not strong in fact, the colors kind of all look the same after you blend it into your skin. Perhaps using a primer could bring out the colors but I have not tried that combin yet. Overall, I'll not be repurchasing.

on 6/11/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

My first Maybelline quad - I totally loved the almost completely neutral colours in this one (they lean slightly cool). I know I already have nearly the same shades over and over again (Prestige Perfection/MAC Shale or Next to Nothing etc. etc.), but I am powerless to resist a shadow the exact shade of a winter dusk. Or dawn.
It's true that the pigmentation isn't strong, but with a Paint Pot or primer it's fine. This is a perfect little quad for quiet, subtle looks and curently $4 at Shoppers.
Sometimes it's the little things!

on 6/6/2010 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love the Maybelline Quads in general. I pick these up when ever I am at Target or at a Drug Store. The pricing varies from store to store. At CVS they are 5.99, but I got mine at Target for 4.94, such a great deal! The pricing is perfect. As for the quality, I got home and tried this right away. I was looking for a subtle daytime look, something not too fancy. It gave me a nice daytime natural smokey eye. I love this Quad! Would def repurchase!

on 4/25/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A quad with light neutral taupe colors suitable for the daytime & office environment. I appreciate that the shimmers are very subdued in all the colors that it looks basically matte on the lid. the e/s apply & blend very very smoothly. the con is the lack of pigmentation of the e/s. because of that, the dark shades look very similar on the skin. so it's difficult to create a more contoured look with just this palette.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do like this...but I need to learn how to apply it...so I'll need to experiment. However, these e/s stay on SO long. Like all day. The color is beautiful and I could see it being good for a smokey eye look, but again, I need to practice that. I still haven't used the very light shadow...so I should probably have waited to write my review. :-\