April 18, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Lubriderm - Unscented Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product I am reviewing is Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion, Fragrance Free; it has a pale blue label. The ingredients are identical to the previous review.

I bought this to use occasionally on the face and body in the dead of winter, something very mild and lightweight to help with occasional tightness and flaking. I don't usually need a daily moisturizer, so I only had treatment lotions that were too exfoliating or very emollient. I like this lotion very much.

It is not runny, and it doesn't smell bad (to me). It is as thick as any typical lotion, and the smell is the same as any fragrance-free lotion I've ever used - a mild chemically odor that is not strong and doesn't linger.

This spreads on easily and dries so that you feel smooth, not a bit greasy. If you get your skin wet, you can feel the slippery lotion sort of sitting on your skin, so I don't think it's terribly emollient. It's more of a skin protectant, with a little moisture. However, that's just what I was looking for - something kind of inert that would just calm the flakes and not really alter the chemistry of my skin. I haven't broken out from this, and it doesn't sting or irritate. I like the smaller 6 oz size. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by RedandGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too thin for use as a body moisturizer, but excellent when you just need a little light moisturizer on the face befor eputting on makeup. You'll never find anything better for this price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat415

Vile. I can't even begin to express the scent of the "unscented/fragrance free" lotion that it is supposed to be. It smells like rubber laytex when you put it on. What's even more annoying is that the ingredients in the Canadian version of the "unscented" version are completely different from the one in the US. What gives?

Ingredients
aqua, paraffinum liquidum, petrolatum, sorbitol, stearic acid, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, lanolin alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, triethanolamine, dimethicone, propylene glycol, microcrystalline wax, tri (PPG-3 myristyl ether) citrate, disodium EDTA, xanthan gum, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, methyldibromo glutaronitrile. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my Rashmakers, along with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. My skin is dry and sensitive, and just can't handle this product.Too bad, since I do like to use drugstore products as much as possible. I prefer the Olay line; I've never had a problem with anything of theirs!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by becky39

I've been using Lubriderm for a looooong time and it's never failed me yet! My hands crave it in the winter, I've tried many, many handcreams for my DRY winter hands but always come back to Lubriderm. I used to use it on my face all the time (have to start that up again!), my husband loves it for his dry arms and feet. I love the fact that it soaks right in and leaves the skin feeling like silk, there is no oily residue and I very much love that it isn't scented. Great Stuff, will use it forever!
Update: I used it on my face this morning under my foundation and it worked GREAT! My foundation looks better than ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

Love this stuff. I personally find it to be much too runny and thin to use as a hand or body moisturizer, but it's great when used on the face and neck. It absorbs well and makes my make-up look ultra smooth and natural. I've got combination skin, so I may have to find something a little less moisturizing for the warmer summer months, but for fall and winter, this stuff is perfect. Unscented, gentle, no fuss; nothing unnecessary. Sometimes less is more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by keellly

i think this is the body lotion, not packaged for the face, but i have a small 30ml sample of this and is the best no fuss moisturizer for my face, to properly heal acne scars on face you have to have them properly moisturized and this does the job!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cheryhouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is one of the few moisturizers that my skin will accept, i break out or get a rash on my face with other moisturizers due to my sensitive skin >_<
i get this in the unscented form
its really good and it absorbs well into the skin fast and well
i highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2002 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love using this on my dry skin. It kept it nice and soft. it's second to my hand creme from l'occitane. I keep a bottle at work and little bottle in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2002 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my staple unscented lotion. It moisurizes very nicely! Even my husband uses it. Also, I have bad allergies so there are many times when I need a basic unscented lotion, but also I use it mixed with other products too (shimmer lotions, and scented lotions-to make them less scented).