July 28, 2014 | 1390 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff makes my skin look great, perfectly matte, not chalky, and gives excellent coverage in a flash. Too bad this stuff clogs my pores to high heaven and I get a bevy of small zits in the following days. Each time I go back to this, I get a small break out. It is so bothersome, but I kept it around thinking it was some other variable - but here I am again, with breakouts and irritated pores. I am tossing it tonight, for good. Too bad since the color selection is great, and it's hardly $10 for a pretty decent sized compact, too. On to the next one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

wow i hate going against all these positive reviews but this makeup just comes out plain cakey on me. its very pigmented yes but its just soo chalky and sticks to fine lines and dry spots. its a no go for me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by leahfranco

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YES!! Really a TRUE DRUGSTORE FIND!! I have Rosacea - sooo sensitive skin - even most minerals makeups don't work. But this Milani is the BEST. I also use a Kabuki brush - a "light dusting" or a few "coats' for more coverage - either way the look is fabulous - I finish off w/Nars Orgasm Blush - just a little goes a looong way and works for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG PERFECT MATCH!!! I have a very hard skintone to match. my color fluctuate so much that i keep atleast 3 to 4 shades of foundations in the winter spring seasons. I was standing in CVS for 20 minutes trying to decide between True Beige and Honey Beige. I have always had bad luck with loreal, bare minerals, revlon, avon, lancome, estee lauder so I was wary of buying because its hard to find color. Right now im about NC37 and i selected True Beige and its a perfect match. In the summer when Im around NC40-42 I think Honey Beige would be perfect for me. Just thought I would share that both colors are good for yellow skintones. I got this for around $8.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use my ecotools retractable kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. It looks natural on me and the shade fits me perfectly. Other times i use my Sigma F25 for a matt, slightly powdery finish. It lasts all day for me.

I did not like the powder puff it came with and that I have to lift the powder to see the mirror below it. Its too much of a hassle to lift it back and forth when apply this powder. It does not make sense to design the compact this way. The compact should open up to the mirror, whereas its ok if the puff is in a compartment below the powder as I would just have to open the compartment once to retrieve it and once after I'm done. I basically don't use the mirror that came with the compact.

To me, its comparable to my Mac's mineral powder foundation, just a little is enough to give a natural coverage. One compact will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by missmelis623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the past few months I have been searching for the perfect foundation. Unfortunately, it has been quite a challenge for me because at nineteen years old, I am just starting to wear it now. Throughout highschool I was lucky enough to have a clear complexion so I never saw a reason to spend the money. Now that I am older, although I don't need it to cover any blemishes or scars, I would like something to cover up any imperfections and even out my skin tone. That being said, I do not want a foundation that is heavy, cakey, or noticeable. Above all, I want a natural finish. Well, after several trial and errors, I have found the perfect foundation for me, and it is this Milani Mineral Compact. This foundation is great because it is inexpensive (approximately $8) and it gives me the exact finish I had been searching for. Although they didn't offer a wide selection of colors like many other brands do, I was lucky enough to find a shade that was just a smidge darker than my skin tone (True Beige) so it gave me a nice glow that didn't look unhealthy or fake. The most appealing part of this foundation is the consistency of the powder, it is very creamy and smooth (like a cream powder) which transfers to your face thus giving you a consistent silky smooth all over. It provides medium coverage and does a great job of evening my skin tone and covering up any imperfections. I applied the foundation at 8 a.m. and it lasted all day without getting greasy or muddy, although I did touch it up half way through the day, it was not necessary. I love how the compact fits in my makeup bag so I always have it with me if I want to touch it up. I also love how it is mineral makeup without the mess. My only complaint is the useless applicator it came with but I used a sponge I already had and it worked really well. This foundation really is awesome, it's great quality and so inexpensive, you really can't go wrong with it! Out of the several drugstore foundations I have invested in, this one is by far the best.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bandigit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff - just a little concealer and this is very decent coverage, not cakey, not too powdery and so far this is the stuff that I end up the least greasy at the end of the work day! Great for cheap!

I had been using Carmindy for Sally Hansen pressed powder and I loved that but this leaves me less greasy compared to that for half the price.

I agree that the lightest shade in this isn't light enough, but I use bronzer and it works out for me. I'm very fair, but anyone totally porcelain would probably have a hard time finding a color - then I would recc the Carmindy powder as there is a lighter range.

I use the flat sponge applicator from my carmindy compact instead of the powder puff that comes with this to apply. The powder puff might work fine, but I like the sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wish they would make a lighter shade. Nude Buff isn't light enough. Otherwise, I would really love it. It applies very nicely and lasts the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sherrys87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in Nude Buff to get that "smooth finish" for a very inexpensive price.
The quality is good; finely milled.

Is it a HG? NO
But it's superb for the price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Mimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

light coverage... dosent break me out.. loves it...