September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Buttered Tan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

I didn't like EM at first...I thought there wasn't enough coverage (I was using only the semi-matte versions) and it seemed to emphasize my pores. Well, that was because being an asian, NC20-25, I was sampling Winged Butter, Light, Medium golden, neutral light... everything BUT buttered tan because I was CONVINCED (without even trying it of course) that buttered tan would be too dark for me. Well, guess what? It melds into my skin perfectly, makes me look poreless AND covers beautifully! I was using all the wrong shades all this time! And I AM NC20-25! There is just something about buttered tan and certain asian skins I guess, that's magic...it seems to work for asian skin tones NC 20-35. I LOVE EM now! It's wonderful. So glad I went and got the buttered tan. Also, love Waffle Cone with it as a blush (and yes, it shows up on me...kind of pinky, browny, flush. Very pretty!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ky520

I've been using EM for a couple of years now and I will never use anything else. Buttered tan is perfect for my asian skin during the spring/summer months when I start to tan. My skin tone ranges from NC 20 (in the winter) to NC 40 during the summer months so I switch from Buttered Tan to Medium Beige. I have the two shades in all formulas to mix and match. I've used Bare Minerals in the past but after trying EM I am a customer for life. The coverage is absolutely amazing, never cakey or mask like and always looks natural. One thing I have noticed is that if I try to apply when my face is even a tiny bit damp the foundation tends to streak. Other than that EM my one and only.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelie02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this makeup!! I had been using BE for about a year and a half, and started noticing a lot of blackheads and whenever I would sweat, my face would itch so bad. So a lightbulb finally went off, after trying numerous facial washes...that maybe it was the makeup. After coming onto this site, I realized I wasn't alone in my plight. Anyways, I switched to EM and it has been a godsend. I've been using it for 2 months and haven't had any problems, and this shade is by far the best. I have very oily skin so the matte foundation works well for me, and the color matches perfect. In addition to all of the above reasons why BE is a lousy product, they also do not have enough of a variety of shades. I always thought that the Beige Neutral looked strange on me...and that's because it has such a gray undertone. That mixed with my yellowish olive undertones made me look gray and almost sickly. Ick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ltarankus

Okay, I got this part of a kit, I only bought it because I love how it sounds. I was wearing bm but it made my skin look years older, settling into fine lines, then I went back to liquid, but with liquid I feel like I always need to wear a lot of makeup or else I look dead! This buttered tan it my FAV by far. I have this in the matte and it is so beautiful. I wear only this and it looks like I am not wearing makeup at all. I was wearing bm in medium beige this beats it by far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by nnana

I don't really know what MAC NC shade I am anymore because I've gotten slightly fairer and I haven't really gone back to the MAC counter to re-check, but Buttered Tan seems to be perfect on my skin! I swatched it along my jaw side-by-side my old MAC foundation in NC42 and realised that NC42 is way too dark and orange compared to this. Reading up the reviews here I've gathered that Buttered Tan fits most NC35-40 ladies so that must mean I'm between there too. (I highly suspect I'm an NC40 now; will go and check it out soon and update my review!) In any case, I'm an Asian with medium skintone and my veins has a greenish tint to it and this fits me perfect. I have tried taking a picture with this foundation and it looks great against my neck too. THE colour for me, definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me: oily, acne-prone NC 35-40.

I was using the wrong EDM shade for a while (medium beige in intensive). I finally decided to try out some other shades just to see if I could find a closer match, and thankfully, I found it in Buttered Tan. OMG, I absolutely love this color. It perfectly matches my warm, yellowish/goldish brown skin color (I am Latina). I have both the intensive formula and the matte formula.

I love the matte because it works well to curb the oilies during winter, fall, and spring (I have to go to Colorstay in the summer. I will say that since the colorstay shade can be a touch lighter, I tone it down with the buttered tan in matte); I love the intensive because it provide the coverage I need. I mix one part of each together to get the perfect coverage and oil control.

This color works perfectly for the majority of the year. However, as we all know, we get a little paler in the winter. I can easily solve this problem by mixing the butter tan with equal part of golden medium (I believe this is in the Olive category).

Ladies, if you are in the NC35-40 range, definitely give buttered tan a shot. Plus, the name sounds yummy.

(Just as a side note, I have heard that the color deepens as the formula becomes denser in coverage. Original glo is the lightest coverage and intensive is the heaviest coverage. Keep this in mind.)

two lipsticks up!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I use it 50/50 with Olive Golden medium in intensive to achieve my perfect color. This color gives me the glow that not even Prescriptives could with their Virtual Skin!! I do have oily skin so I have to use a finishing powder and still blot throughout the day but never have I had a foundation that lasted throughout the day even through the sweat of a workout!!

I will never use liquid foundation again (I gave them away immediately). I'm mexican but this has the perfect yellow for me and the golden medium combined gave me the perfect depth for this color. It looks warm on my face and not like a liquid foundation where you can see the powder! I will definitley purchase this stuff again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sjta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ordered my samples and just got them. I am Filipino MAC NC30-35 but tend to me more sallow. Got the Buttered Tan, Golden Medium and Beige Neutral (Buff Category).
I quite like the Beige Neutral.
I cannot wear the Buttered Tan on its own as it tends to get too muddy on me. I remember reading Adornedwithgrace's rec that if you wanted more of the Golden then add the Golden Medium. These two combos (Golden Medium and Buttered Tan) are the best shade I have tried. Foundations tend to be too ashy on me or they turn orange in midday. But these two so far are finally the one. I ordered the B&B blush and still on the fence on that one. It's a bit orangy on me and I wanted some terra cotta shade but somehow this comes up more orange. I will be ordering the full samples now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewers here who have semi olive skin that is a little bit pink with yellow undertones I found Buttered Tan to be AWESOME!! I used to use MAC NC37, but it was always a little "off" Buttered Tan is perfect! No other foundation has gotten the match right like this. LOVE IT!!
UPDATE: This tends to really accentuate any little flakies. I still use this occasionally, but it's my second choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

buttered tan is the perfect match for my MAC NC35 skin tone. i love the feeling of mineral makeup on my face. it evens out my skin yet i dont look like i'm wearing makeup at all. i got this as a part of the sample kit and i'm definitely getting the full size.