September 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I bought this to use it on top of my foundation as a finishing powder based on some great reviews on Youtube and returned it immediately. First of all, the color I had was classic beige and was too dark and pinkish on me, I don't really like loose powder and didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go- to mineral powder for touch ups during the day/ eve (I find it a bit heavy to put on directly after foundation in the morning as its a powder foundation so would be doubling up)
I'm conscious of caking / powder sitting in fine lines as I'm in my 40's but this gives a lovely velvet finish - its a little pricey but some things are worth every penny & this is one of them & a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiaAimee

This was one of the the first high end makeup product I ever bought. I am quite prone to acne and I found that liquid foundation was giving me coverage, but was not doing my skin any favours at all. So I decided to try out a mineral powder, in order to save my skin and this IS AMAZING. I am in the shade soft porcelain (tender rose was far too pink) and its perfect! I can put this on without a mirror, without having to worry it will look uneven, it takes no time at all to apply, stays on well. Also the coverage is suprisingly buildable! The only slight problem I have is that, although it is a powder it does not control my oil and I do find myself getting a bit shiny. So I use a translucent powder with this, which doesn't bother me really. My skin has cleared up so much since I've been using this aswell. It is pricey but I think it is worth it :) I'll probably be repurchasing this for a long time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC30 with yellow/golden undertones. I have been using Nars sheerglow in Punjab and love it except I ran out and wanted to try something else. There's this girl I follow on Instagram (creeper status) lol, but anyways she has flawless radiant makeup all the time. So, I asked her what foundation she used and she broke it down for me. She wears the pressed mineral foundation over a bb cream or LM's tinted moisturiser and to top it off she sweeps their candlelight illuminator (after her blush). She also used to work as a counter manager for them... So if she is still backing them up after she is no longer with them, it means she really did like their products. So, I figured I'd give it a try and see how it would work out for me. I lucked out and purchased it directly from LM's website and got a bunch of samples for free plus %20 off. I purchased the loose mineral for instead of the pressed version, just because it had better reviews on here, and I purchased it in the shade Real Sand. I was honestly taken a gamble because I hadn't tried it out but it matches my skintone perfectly. My skin looks absolutely flawless, not cakey or over done. It looks just like my skin but even and radiant. I will honestly say that this will be my absolute daily make up. For special events I'll be using luminous silk by GA in the shade 06, only because it photographs better and I have some weddings to attend lol.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a really, really great foundation/powder for everyday wear. I very rarely ever repurchase a product, however I just purchased my third pot of this stuff. I admit, I strayed and tried a few other things between my second pot and my latest pot, but at least now I can really appreciate this stuff. What I especially love is how easy it is; I pour a tiny bit into the lid, work it into the bristles of my brush, and then buff it into my skin. It blurs imperfections amazingly well. I don't really worry about how I'm going to deal with bad skin days when I have this on hand because I know it seems to deal with every imperfection beautifully. With one layer of this buffed into my skin, red marks/blemishes are blurred but they still show through. The skin on the bridge of my nose is very prone to flakiness/dryness, despite always moisturizing before applying makeup; with pretty much every other foundation I have tried (most of which have been liquids), these flakes have been emphasized and it takes a lot of effort to exfoliate that area excessively and really try to get the formula to cover without emphasizing the less-than-smooth skin... With this powder, I can literally just buff it into the skin on my nose in less than two seconds and it looks *flawless*. Another thing about this product that wins me over is the fact that it never clogs my pores, breaks me out, or causes any skin irritations. While other foundations may not break me out in a dramatic, obvious way, I truly feel good about putting this on my skin everyday; I feel like my skin can still breathe and like I'm not sacrificing the health of my skin for the illusion of a good complexion. How does it wear during the day? My skin has a tendency to become extremely oily throughout the day and this holds up pretty well for me. It doesn't prevent any oiliness but it doesn't make me any oilier. It does transfer, however, and would probably work best on skin a little less oily than mine because if I, for example, touch my nose halfway through the day, it will leave a smear of makeup because the formula has separated from my skin a little. I'd say my skintone is mostly around NC25 in MAC (NC20 at my very, very palest and somewhere between NC25 and 30 during the summer) and I wear this in Real Sand. I think it's a good match for my neutral (slightly golden) undertones. Last winter I went through a pot of Tender Rose and in comparison to Real Sand the undertone was a little too pink for me. I do wish the shade range was slightly larger because in the dead of winter, Real Sand does not match my neck. I have never purchased the other lightest shade, Soft Porcelain, but I did test it out last time I was in Sephora and I want to note that it appeared quite yellow on the back of my hand. I think it would work beautifully on maybe an NC15 (it would do an amazing job neutralizing redness), but I do wish they had a neutral that was a shade lighter than Real Sand. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because I'm determined there is something better out there, this hasn't satisfied me enough to stop searching.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mineral powder & have been using this product for a llloooonngg time. So, I'm a big fan:) This powder never feels to clog my pores or affect my skin in any unhealthy way.

The only problem I have is the small selection of color. During fall/winter/spring, I'm very much "REAL SAND," BUT in my summer months, nothing is quite right. I still use "NATURAL BEIGE" during summer (sometimes I even mix it with REAL SAND). I use this powder as a liquid foundation: mix it with toner & apply with MAC stippling brush. I love the dewy look. If I seal it with MUFE (or ELF) HD Powder, my oily-prone face stays put for good 3-4 hours without ANY touchup!

I normally prime my face with Kiehls Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ Sunscreen & some type of BB cream/ tinted moisturizer & seal with MUFE HD Powder.
All I ask for is more color selection, please:-/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Love this powder! I use this on top of Laura Mercier's tinted mosturizer in Nude. I just dust this lightly over my face using a MAC powder brush. It really does make my makeup last longer and its the only powder I've tried that has not broken me out. It has a bit of a satin finish, but does not accentuate dryness whatsoever. This is truly a great product, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to add my love for this powder foundation - but with a few caveats.

Sometimes, I am not feeling great and am just not up to liquid foundation and all that it entails. I saw a lot of blogs about this mineral powder that absolutely raved, and thought I had to try it. It seemed like a great solution for "no makeup".

One of the bloggers wears my same shade in Bourjois liquid foundation - shade 51 - and she uses Soft Porcelain in the mineral powder. So, that is what I ordered. It costs $36.00 and comes in eight shades. Soft Porcelain is the lightest

It is packaged in the same type of jar as Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder, but the mineral powder has a plastic cover inside that twists so that you can control how much powder you pour out. It doesn't come with a brush.

Luckily, I already had a mineral makeup brush from years ago (Jane Iredale) and that is what I used. I tip a super tiny amount of product into the cap, dip my brush in, swirl it around, tap off the excess, and touch lightly to my cheek and in a swirling motion cover about 1/3 of my face. I repeat this process for the remaining 2/3 of my face, doing 1/3 at a time. You need very little product.

The color goes on a little powdery/ghostly at first, but settles down pretty quickly into a super natural, flawless, glowing finish. The coverage is light and I have to use concealer first to cover anything like spots or pigmentation. The feeling of the powder is literally powder to cream. It didn't cling to dry patches on my combination/dry skin. My face didn't feel chalky or dusty like with some mineral powders I have tried. I got a ton of compliments from my family on how great my skin looked.

It feels so comfortable it is like you aren't wearing anything. And it is so easy to touch up since it is a powder. You can even pick up a tiny bit of powder on a concealer brush and tap it onto imperfections.

The only downside is that I feel it didn't do so well when I was sweating in hot weather. Outside, during a heat wave, I checked the foundation and it looked streaky. Definitely not a good look. Had to take off a star.

Overall, this is a fabulous powder and I think most people would love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by violetp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two words: LIFE-SAVER.

My skin breaks out from every single mineral make-up and every kind of foundation in the entire world. Laura Mercier is the ONLY make-up that I can wear that is not irritating in any way :) It makes my porcelain skin go from blah to perfect. I hope Laura never discontinues this magical formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by julilynmashy

I got it in Real Sand and this is my first mineral powder. I have not tried other brands yet. This seems to work fine for my oily skin. It has a bit of a sheen which makes my face looks healthy and radiant. It is not scented, blends well with medium coverage.